So It Goes
Premium Member
join:2002-10-11
USA

Chaplain to Besice

Premium Member

to Besice

Re: League of Legends

Thanks B. All I needed to do was farm that jungle to catch up. I would have just been a liability in team fights until I was farmed up a bit. You can always catch up, so long as you know where the enemy team is, and are safe. I'll be out of town this weekend as well. Be back to play more games next week.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Besice

Premium Member

to Besice
Sorry for not joining the games earlier I got stuck on some dungeon runs so I got on LoL later in the night.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to f0rtys3ven

Premium Member

to f0rtys3ven
Morgana is too easy to counter without the right comp to shut people down so they can't ult away. Amumu or Sona will help her pull off her ult, otherwise everyone saves their flash and ults away and then jumps back in.

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Usually that event is enough chaos to pick up a kill for your team. If its outside baron / dragon its soo deadly.

More morgana for 47.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Morgana also tends to be the #1 AP mid ban in draft/ranked. Kassadin is second.

I love Malz because people aren't expecting him. I've never seen him banned, but he can carry so hard.

We played a game yesterday where we absolutely crapped on the other team--they had a teemo that I insta-gibbed a couple times with DFG, Q, and E. I could lock down Nasus (the source of massive damage and insta-gibs in late-game with a farmed Q) before he ulted and we could collectively one-shot him. Malz has great utility end-game!

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Actually Ziggs is the best.

I get 300 cs on Ziggs every game.

I carry sometimes.

One time I got an instant quad kill on Ziggs.

I can kite all day with Ziggs.

I killed a Katarina on accident the other day with Ziggs.

ZIGGS!

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

You haven't seen my quad kills with Malz where my E jumps between almost-dead summoners after they peel away from an engagement.

I can throw up an E on a massive creep wave and be all the way to mid while my DOT is still farming gold for me.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

I did see it.

I was standing right there.

ZIGGS!

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by f0rtys3ven:

ZIGGS!

said by f0rtys3ven:

ZIGGS!

said by f0rtys3ven:

ZIGGS!

Hrmmmmm, I wonder if 47 likes Gragas...

TheThing
join:2012-08-10

TheThing to Exodus

to Exodus
Don't like voli for support whatsoever

This is of course in comparison compared to my mundo

trying to get into range to toss someone is painful

even flash + charge is tricky

ill stick with mundo for support, with his awesome poke, and blame the losses to bad carries

Voli + Cait vs. talon + blitz was painful

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

I don't play voli, but I can't imagine it's super hard to get in there for a toss. So long as you have warded bush control, and are in one, you should be able to charge out for a toss no problem. I do this with Blitz when my grab is on CD. I charge out and pop them for a stun, then let my carry hurt them more. This leaves my grab for a runner. Imagine Voli is the same, or similar.

I've been trying Mundo support, and he just doesn't have the sustain or CC abilities I think are needed down there. IMHO, I don't think he makes a good support for the people I play with. You can't heal, you can't sustain, and you can't stun. Just poke. I feel the same way about Nid. Leaves them underpowered for what they are made to do later as well. Just my thoughts.

TheThing

TheThing to Exodus

to Exodus
against blitz, most of the time I had to hide behind my own creep

and the enemy bot, was smart enough to stay a good distance away from me... even flashing and charging was no guarantee

they were good... and talon is ranged so he can still last hit and keep a good distance away from me, with blitz at this back

blitz owns voli for support, esp when the carry is ranged, couldnt get anywhere close to the enemy carry without blitz grabbing and stunning me

I have no problem with sustain as mundo... constant harass.. its a combination of my talents/gear that I use... and I pick up one health pot as well

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

I'm not talking about Mundo's sustain, I'm talking about what you can do for your carry. And when I was comparing Voli to Blitz, it wasn't against a blitz, but what to do in lane similar to Blitz to close your gap. Even when they are behind a creep wave, you can take Blitz to them in very short time and catch them with a knock up punch.

The key is this: A ward needs to be in river bush, and at least one of the lane bushes. Maybe even tri bush. With that kind of vision and control, you can use the lane bushes to get close to your enemies (use pink wards if they are warding). From there, I imagine Voli could rush and toss from the short distance between the lane bush and the carry, so long as the lane isn't pushed (which it should never be).

TheThing

TheThing to Exodus

to Exodus
and once mundo hits 6, his sustain is perfect

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

I guess the short point I'm trying to make is the support needs to be something that does things for the carry. Mundo only cleavers. To me, that's not a good support and it doesn't work for me. I prefer someone with sustain (for the carry, not themselves), CC, Pull, buff, stun, etc....

TheThing

TheThing to Exodus

to Exodus
I did have dragon warded, river bush warded, and 1 lane bush warded... didn't matter

talon knew i was in the bush and kept his distance from the bush, if I came charging out, blitz grabs and knocks up

cait was only last hitting, i wasn't hitting anything

you did mention mundo not having sustain, re-read ur last message
TheThing

TheThing to Exodus

to Exodus
mundo can pretty much apply a perma slow to the target, which is great for your carry to Tee off on

additionally, even if we are having a hard time setting up kills, I can shut down their CS with my poke

you are right mundo can't heal his carry

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
I meant sustain for the carry. Just didn't clarify, is all.

In a situation like that (assuming it was your Cait last hitting), you buy 3 GP5's and do what you can to allow Cait to continue to last hit. Your job is only to keep Cait alive, and allow her to farm. Cait is not supposed to be played aggressively IMO. She's a farm bot, and rolls in late game, punishing mistakes from impatient enemies. So when they F up and go in on you, make them pay for it everytime.
Chaplain

Chaplain to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
said by TheThing:

mundo can pretty much apply a perma slow to the target, which is great for your carry to Tee off on

additionally, even if we are having a hard time setting up kills, I can shut down their CS with my poke

you are right mundo can't heal his carry

This is true, and I forgot about the perma-slow gank helper. Denying CS is also a very important part of the game. I guess I personally don't like the style, and it doesn't seem to work with my play group. I began using Mundo a long time ago as solo top, and found him to be awesome at it. MUNDO!

TheThing

TheThing to Exodus

to Exodus
yup gp5s is what I did

when our jungle came down we got both of their bots killed

but, with mundo I was much more active, voli felt limited to me compared to my mundo play style, since he has no range

its all comp vs. comp... but in that game I wish i had my mundo
Besice
join:2011-06-16
Tempe, AZ

Besice

I like Voli top best but if your going to support I think he would play better with Wukong, Talon or Panth. The damage between the two could easily wreck a carry if they focus.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

I agree with this. Team comp is the key. I've had to play extra passive before against a bot voli in the past, but I think it was with a vayne on his side.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I want to try Mundo Ezreal bot lane.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

OK.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

Ez/Darius with dat funky monkey up top... or Rengar.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven to Exodus

to Exodus
Only 1 American team left in worlds.

TSM.

Both Koren teams went undefeated in the group stages.
A Chinese and European team made it to the final bracket as well.

Watched a little of the coverage last night. The Koren teams gank nonstop. The feed the lanes soo hard. The jungler was basically just a setup man. Top was running tele and was camping side bushes bot on multiple occasions. Some just redic Sona ults. Jayce play that I have never seen so good. Str8 lvld E and Q to max and the poke was unbareable mid game.
f0rtys3ven

f0rtys3ven

Will be playing at 5 est aprx tonight.
Anyone going to be around?

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

I think I'm out for the weekend. But I'll be on agian next week.

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica to f0rtys3ven

Premium Member

to f0rtys3ven
Arch and I may be around, depends on if people are on WoW to level our pandas

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

KK.

I'm gunna be playing Zyra or Morgana hopefully some. It might be a wee bit ugly. I understand if yall aren't interested. Of course I can always be talked into playing Graves, practice practice practice.