share rss forum feed

Blockfire
Sarcasm is my native tongue

join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS
kudos:1
reply to Archivis

Re: League of Legends

i won't be online until later tonight, i forgot we are going to view some houses. Be back at dinner?

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to Kristopher
said by Kristopher:

can't thank you enough for this channel Arch.

Everything goes better with eggs.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Vorpil

join:2010-01-30
Wright City, MO
I was looking at some ADC guides, and they are all recommending straight damage for marks and quints instead of armor penetration.

I had thought that the general rule was that ArP beats AD?

Xioden
Premium
join:2008-06-10
Monticello, NY

2 edits
said by Vorpil:

I was looking at some ADC guides, and they are all recommending straight damage for marks and quints instead of armor penetration.

I had thought that the general rule was that ArP beats AD?

Going straight AD makes for easier last hitting, as well as allowing stronger exchanges early games, but will scale poorly into late game.

Going straight armor pen makes it quite a bit more difficult to last hit and you won't pack quite the punch early on, but you scale much better into late game.

The way most people tend to run is 6 marks of desolation, 3 marks of strength, 3 Quintessences of strength as this provides a nice balance of both and in against most targets in either early or late game situations beats out either full AD or full Armor penetration.

This also applies to most physical damage junglers where you aren't running attack speed marks .

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
I run AD reds and quints.

If I'm ahead on Graves and the support is a Taric, Ali, Leona, or anyone with high armor. I rush last whisper then zeal then IE into PD. Just to get that armor pen rolling early and makes harass on the tanky support worth something.

Went 7-3 in ranked this weekend. It seems I lose 8-14 elo on a loss and sometimes gain as little as 5 or 6 elo on a win. Doesn't seem all that even. Ended at 814 I think. So slowly working up.

Zyras really strong in the same way morg is. Free farm/harass = easy path to mid/late game. Her ult + sona or amumu owns. Her E is a nightmare for melee, equivalent to lux or ryze snare. The seeds are nice free vision wards and the plants are a cool mechanic but their dmg isn't great.
--
Leaning out a window with a cocked shotgun. Driving up the block in the car they shot Pac in. Looking for Big's killers. Dressing ridiculous. Blue and red like I don't know what the big deal is.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2
reply to Blockfire
said by Blockfire:

i won't be online until later tonight, i forgot we are going to view some houses. Be back at dinner?

Good luck with the viewings, Block. Hopefully you all will find a place you both love.
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to Archivis
For those who played last night, Crushboy wanted me to let you all know he wasn't bailing out on purpose. His laptop kept overheating. I moved some furniture around yesterday and somehow screwed up his airflow.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
All good man. Nobody said anything of it.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
reply to Archivis
so last night, I was raging playing LoL... then switched to GW2... but before I switched got into probably the most retarded LoL match ever.

When I pick my champ too early, people yell at me, and tell me im a noob, and that auto-locking is bad

When I pick my champ too slow, my teammates don't know what to pick, and I sit there at the end... waiting to see what gaps are there, and end up with about 4 seconds to make a selection... you can't win

when I am proactive with selection I get flamed... when I wait to fill gaps the retards don't know what to pick

so anyways... as a result of waiting to the bitter end to select, there was a gap in support... so I selected Mundo

but at the same moment, one dude switched from his selection to Blitz...

another dude switched from his selection to Taric

so the team was, Mundo(me), Blitz, Taric, Garen, and Ezreal

see the problem?

Blitz went bot with garen, Ezreal went mid, and taric and I went top

The enemy team also had a retarded top, that was another blitz, and garen

basically, hilarity ensued, mundo+taric top(us) vs. blitz and garen

NOTHING DIED... F-in hilarious

every time garen came close, taric would stun him LOL

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!
Did you all win?

TheThing

when team fights first started, we were basically all beef, and were winning team fights... cause none of us would die

but they had a real AD carry + AP carry, who eventually hit their strides and we lost

can't remember who their carry was... i start to blurr games together

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!
said by TheThing:

i start to blurr games together

That's most of us.

Sucks to hear that you lost, though.
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4
reply to Archivis
Hey all. I should be on the next 3 nights for some games, if you guys are around.
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
Schedule is very up in the air at the moment.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
You better get it together, Tyrone.

TheThing

reply to Archivis
anyone watch any blizzard DOTA videos?

it looks pretty terrible

no way in hell that's going to dethrone LoL

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
reply to Kristopher
I'll be grabbing a couple after work a bit. On around 6ish.

Done by 7:30ish.

Wifes working 2 jobs now. One is 2-8 3 days a week so I will be gaming that time slot for awhile hopefully.

Block if your still interested in duoing thats my most consistent time slot. (530-730pm est) If wife isn't working I find it better to make sure shes cool with me playing because she comes first and all.
--
Leaning out a window with a cocked shotgun. Driving up the block in the car they shot Pac in. Looking for Big's killers. Dressing ridiculous. Blue and red like I don't know what the big deal is.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
"You need to work a second job so I can play video games when you're not here."

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
"Now go make me a sandwich!"

Blockfire
Sarcasm is my native tongue

join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS
reply to Archivis
I think arch and I may be the only ones who actually say that shit, but we all know who wears the pants (antonica)

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
Yea I def don't. She would yell/punch me for talk like that. But I'm sure most of you have picked that up with the background Skype convos.

Love you!

lol

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
reply to Blockfire
My wife actually does do the cooking. I suck at it. She makes me sammiches too.

The key is to keep your wife happy. You have that going, and everything else should be gravy.
--

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
We Win! We Win!

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!
What did you win? Another beer?!

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
Had three good games last night, and one not so good.

First game was solo q. Went Blitz, and we had a hard fought win. Did very well.

Second game was with Arch, Ant and Forty. Ant and I went bot, and were pressed up against the tower (Ant had the bull, and I had mancait). Arch's Rengar carried hard, and forty's Ziggs threw very accurate water baloons across the map to help at towers. They quit after I got a triple kill. Demoralized already by the Rengar.

Third was same players, except I went Blitz, Ant went Teemo top with Support Runes, forty Graves'd it, and Matt Rengared again. Had a Lux mid who didn't do too terribly. Bot was rough again due to an early feed from both Graves and I, but we brought it back around while Arch and Ant carried. Really just Ant actually. Support Teemo FTW!

Then I decided to solo again around midnight EST. When will I learn. Always that late it's BR folks, running amok, never being in lane, losing towers, and going 15/14/12. All for the kill. Fuck CS. I went mid with Karthus and was awesome. Ended positive with least deaths. We lost in the end.
--

TheThing

said by Kristopher:

forty's Ziggs threw very accurate water baloons across the map to help at towers.

LOL

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
It's a POOL PARTY!

Smiles we had by all.

The ult for the skin makes a smiley face on the ground before the bomb hits. If nothing else the skin is worth that. The Q and E are also water balloons and most of the explosions give off blue instead of red.
--

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
reply to Kristopher
Arch played a great Amumu that second game. Carried hard with the mummy in the jungle.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
said by f0rtys3ven:

Carried hard with the mummy in the jungle.

I'm so proud of my padawans.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
reply to f0rtys3ven
said by f0rtys3ven:

Arch played a great Amumu that second game. Carried hard with the mummy in the jungle.

You're right! It was the mummy. We needed more tank. I remember now.

I am sorry I didn't follow you under that tower. I might have been able to take the hits, you get the kill, and us get back out. I really didn't realize you were going for it until you were under it, and I was bootless and too far behind. Sorry man.
--