uniqs
share rss forum feed

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
reply to Goggalor

Re: League of Legends

I hate top lane.

If I bought Darius I would have to play top lane.

Its scary up there. Too snowbally.

Remulis

united state
reply to Goggalor
^ exactly!

Remulis

united state
reply to f0rtys3ven
psh top lane is fun! =P

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
I have a bad habit of being snowballed. Mid and bot are much harder to snowball. Thats y I like those lanes. I should work on my top but the match ups are tough for me to figure out and I have no idea if or when someone is in the kill zone and when to all in. The most success I have had top are with Olaf and Malph.
--
These m***** f*****s are thinking I am playing thinking I am saying this shit because I am thinking it just to be saying it.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2
said by f0rtys3ven:

I have a bad habit of being snowballed. Mid and bot are much harder to snowball. Thats y I like those lanes. I should work on my top but the match ups are tough for me to figure out and I have no idea if or when someone is in the kill zone and when to all in. The most success I have had top are with Olaf and Malph.

Malph is where it is at for top, but he gets banned often (if you play draft).
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to f0rtys3ven
said by f0rtys3ven:

I hate top lane.

If I bought Darius I would have to play top lane.

Its scary up there. Too snowbally.

Nonsense your Olaf top was really scary.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

liquoranne

join:2009-01-14
reply to Goggalor
said by Goggalor:

said by f0rtys3ven:

Malph is where it is at for top, but he gets banned often (if you play draft).

If im in draft, i will always ban malph. He is just a pita as a top lane opponent. His ult can be simply brutal. As for tops i prefer, i started getting the hang of Irelia. She can really shine vs most tops once she gets established. I also dabble around with some lanedyr, as his tiger harass does some pretty good damage early game.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
reply to Jobbie
True dmg op.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to liquoranne
Irelia is my first choice to go top, you can do 2v1 with ease and farm under your turret with no issues, her ult is in a short cd so you can use it to clear a wave and either be super safe and go do some nasty roaming.
--

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!
Irelia is nice, but can be shutdown hard early game by some of the other top lane choices.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
said by Goggalor:

Irelia is nice, but can be shutdown hard early game by some of the other top lane choices.

It depends on how aggressive the Irelia player wants to go, the best way to shut her down is camp top with the jungler and put pressure on her.

If not she is like Nasus, she can farm for 30 minutes and wreck your team in every team fight.

"CC? pffffffffffft"
--

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4
Yorick.

Remulis

united state
Yea I'll usually play top as Yorick. great sustain and damage.
I'll aslo play Jayce Top.
Irelia I like but unless you keep an eye on her mana she will go through it quick when last hitting with Q

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
Of all the top lanes Jayce intrigues me the most.

Watching some of the Asian players use him its really scary stuff.

That E+Q.
--
These m***** f*****s are thinking I am playing thinking I am saying this shit because I am thinking it just to be saying it.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!
said by f0rtys3ven:

That E+Q.

In both melee and ranged.

liquoranne

Yea, Jayce lacks sustain tho. If he tries to harass too much with range and runs low on mana, his melee range kit isnt as scary. With the recent changes they made to him (increased gate mana cost, knockback lacking base damage) he is much easier to deal with.
I still say Yorick is one of the strongest top laners as i have had very good results with him. I just feel iffy with him late game as i tend to just build tanky and play the role of slow bot and cloning my ADC. With Irelia, i play WTFOMGBBQ on their carries, which just feels better.

Besice

join:2011-06-16
Tempe, AZ
reply to Archivis
Yorrick is a pain but I enjoy playing Singed top above all else. Poppy is pretty beast up top also.

Remulis

united state
reply to liquoranne
Yea Jayce is all about hitting with that poke quick and fast so they can't react to it. if you miss then you just keep setting your self back in mana and lane. He does get man back when he hits with his hammer, but best to apply when enemy laner backs and still not a good enough mana sustain either. Even with the changes he still hits pretty hard and is a great top laner. He isn't as safe as yorick but still is viable.
Yea late game Yorick seems to go like that 9 times out of 10 still cloning the ADC leads to face melting when played right =)

Deo85

join:2012-10-19
reply to Archivis
Darius is amazing top lane for a tanky set up and still harassing with his q. The only down fall is his lack of escape mechanics so you need to keep the river warded to survive.

Jax is pretty good also as he can counter most melee champs but can get harassed by pokers sadly do to no real tech unless if you want to go all in then you better win.

Xin is another top lane I don't see much these days but his kit is great for alpha striking and putting pressure on other top lanes the sad thing is the rest of the game you need to know when you can go in and when you cant as his escape tech is rly not there.

TigerLord
For Value Received
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8
reply to Archivis
I bought Swain the other day since I had a lot of IP.

Is it me, or is he stupidly OP?

Never having played him, I simply followed this guide:
»www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=283···ld-guide

I pretty dominate mid since then, except for Kassadin, whom I now make sure is banned. Kass is my true counter. Fizz, Ahri, Elise, Brand, Katharina, Gragas... these are the champs I faced so far and dominated them all.

If you know how to manage mana, Swain's ult is just so OP. Heals for 75% of dmg to champions? At level 6, I usually am guaranteed a kill if I can land a stun.

His E amplifies ignite damage by 20% generally making a max level ignite together with e hit for 492 (410x1.2) instead of the usual 410, which is like an extra tick of ignite squeezed into the same amount of time that ignite lasts, just for example. A full combo at level 6 with ignite is a guaranteed kill.

Not sure why he is underplayed... he is super strong and very useful since he has both an aoe stun and a slow. Properly built, he's very tanky (near 2.8K HP, armor and MR in the 220+ range) with around 500AP. With blue, he can tank a whole team with his ult (which prioritizes champions now) and dish enough damage to turn the fight around very quickly. I've gotten many triples and one quadra so far.

The best about him is that he is so deceptively tanky, people don't expect it, and by the time they realize, it's too late.

liquoranne

Ignite will deff hurt your ult tho, so a simple summoner spell or morello's (spelling) and your reduced by 50%. Still wont hurt that much, buts its a lot. As malz against swain, your birds dont attack while my ult is on you. Also, i thought it was just a snare....not a stun as its aoe. At lvl 6 for me laning against a swain its silence, pool dot ult. Not a single raven will fly out even if your already in form...But thats just one champ vs swain as well.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to TigerLord
Swain is my main mid lane, and he is just a beast my final build is:

Sorcerer's Shoes
Rod of Ages
Rylais Crystal Scepter
Void Staff
Rabadon's Deathcap
Frozen Heart or Abyssal Scepter (depending on enemy comp)
--

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
2 ranked games 2 wins.

Looking good so far.

Lux win vs a fizz.
Dove at lvl 2 I caught him and he died. Snowballed the lane / game from there.

Taric win w/ Draven vs Vayne Wukong.

we lost lvl 1 2 kills to 0 and both went to vayne.
signed top afkd till we were all 6.
Draven and I fed off bot hard.
Draven was 7/0 like 20 min in.
Good comeback.
GG
--

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!
Nidalee Visual Upgrade:

Many of you have been asking for a new look for Nidalee. We’re pleased to announce that we’ve heard you, and that you can expect a complete Visual Upgrade for the Bestial Huntress in an upcoming patch.

In addition to a new model for both lady and cougar, this update includes new animations and spell effects across both of her forms. We’ll also be upgrading the model and splash art for all of Nidalee’s skins, so you can enjoy the latest fashion, whether you’re a French Maid or a Pharaoh.

The next time you feel the need to go swiftly slinking through the brush, ready to pounce on an unsuspecting foe, do so knowing you look stunningly stylish.

--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
These look like nice changes. Now can we please get the pounce to go where I want and not right in front of her.

Single handily the most annoying thing about nid.

Hows everyone preseason going, anyone else dare enter the ranked que?
--

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Goggalor
Pharaoh Nidalee > all

Remulis

united state
With Jobbie on this one! still wish i had picked up her hallows eve skin when i had the chance

Deo85

join:2012-10-19
reply to Archivis
OOOO NICE! Another skin / model / animation / fx update for a character What characters do you guys wish they do this with?

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
I think they are through most of the really ugly ones.

I think that Veigar could be redone.

Maybe WW?

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!
Cho'gath's splash art needs an update. Maybe Sivir's model...