Re: League of Legends

Wiggles = 12%

Hydra = 10%

You were right and wrong.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1
reply to Archivis

with all the changes, I think Riot is going to have their hands full balancing things/champs out again...

I don't know if it was luck of the draw or what...

did 2-3 games as garen last night, I was a freakin nightmare... felt OP

was laning against Jax at top with Garen... nunu comes out of bush to slow and gank me with Jax

2-3 seconds later.... DOUBLE KILL

LOL

This is literally 5-7 minutes in... their Ryze at mid responds "GG wtf"

lawl

i was even melting an alistar... go figure

in one game i literally had 3 of them running for their lives away from me

however, like someone said, it felt different... but the same... go figure

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

Anyone who is late game is OP right now.

You get to late game status very quickly. Think Ryze, Twitch, Vayne, Kog, Karthus.

Ambient gold too strong.

Fiftycals

join:2010-02-16
El Paso, TX
reply to TheThing

The problem with Twitch is how bad people are with him. I agree he is a team-smasher late game... but not a lot of people know how to get to late game with him without feeding the other team. Majority of champions are positioning based champs but Twitch's positioning is less forgiving with his lack of escape (Considering his stealth is on CD after initiation) and mobility.

Easy to play, hard to master....

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Understood but its champs like this that should be focused on until ambient gold is tuned down. Twitch with mild CS and ambient gold will get to smash status faster.

Amumu jungle gets to smash status faster.

Ryze becomes a mid god faster.

Malph becomes a god initiator faster.

These there champs can become virtually unkillable and are really really strong. Others could be Signed, Olaf, Irelia, Karthus (not unkillable but rly stupid), Swain.

You have to understand in picks that early/mid game champs can easily get slow played and crushed.
--
O you want me to watch my mouth. How. Take my fucking eye balls out and turn them around. Look. I'll burn your fucking house down circle around and hit the hydrant so you can't put your burning furniture out.

TheThing

reply to Archivis

looking forward to trying mundo support this weekend...

with ambient gold increase he should be more powerful than ever

but who knows...

isn't this a buff to support champs in general?

PinkyThePig
Premium
join:2011-05-02
Tempe, AZ
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to f0rtys3ven

ambient gold was increased to 16 from 13 every 10 seconds. Also CS gold was dropped slightly to compensate. That is 18 gold a minute more which means at 20 minutes you have 360 extra gold. The minion changes just about negate themselves with siege minion last hit so can ignore those. I don't see how having an extra dagger/long sword is going to make any champ OP. If anything the ambient gold is nonrelevant and instead its the fact that dmg is cheaper with atk speed more expensive as twitch already gets some atk speed.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Because if you farm the same as you did before you are richer. Richer means you have more items earlier. If you play champs that peak in the late game, then you get your items to peak faster.

The champs that peak at end game peak the hardest. Ryze with 6 items is as hard to kill as a tank and can melt you. Malphite does great dmg, debuff, initiate, and becomes crazy hard to kill.

Again Twitch was just an example. If that Twitch farms the same as in season 2 he is richer at 20, 30, and 40 min. So his late game peak moves forward.

Early game champs have pretty small windows to crush opponents to stop them from coming back. The kill/death streaks are more forgiving for the bads but that also means you can take Tyrandamere to lane and its cool if you die some as long as you farm. You will get to lol mode and get a big chunk of gold when you can kill that lane opponent.
--
O you want me to watch my mouth. How. Take my fucking eye balls out and turn them around. Look. I'll burn your fucking house down circle around and hit the hydrant so you can't put your burning furniture out.

TheThing

reply to Archivis

similar to WoW PvP, I have a feeling these adjustments were made because the top 1% of players had identified not exploits, but imbalances that broke the game

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Yea they didn't fix those.

Start messing with attack move vs move / attack. You'll find what makes pros pro.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd_Sz59QTVk

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4
reply to Archivis

Tried to play again. Lost 6 games in a row. Back to other games.
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

Fiftycals

join:2010-02-16
El Paso, TX
reply to Archivis

Nami the Tidecaller is out. My initial thoughts.

-Increase the travel speed of her CC bubble.
-Slight increase to the range of her CC would be nice as well.
-Ult travels pretty damn slow. Yeah, it's wide.. it slows and pops up.. but alot of the enemy teams are able to dodge it by the time it reachs them.

Her CC bubble is nice, you can CC multiple targets at once. It's not super hard to land but it gets dodged quite easily due to the slow travel time on it. Easiest time to land it for me was when we were chasing or being chased... lead the targets.. simple.. But in team fights or lane poke it's easily dodged.

Her ult is decent but I think it should be improved a little. It travels pretty slow. If an enemy with movement 2 boots is over the halfway range of your ult animation there is a good possibility they will outrun it.. I thought it would be a good initiator but it doesn't move fast enough for that. I'd be okay with them nerfing the dmg or CC on it a bit if they increased the travel speed.

Any of you play her? If so... thoughts? Agree/disagree?

Sprakk

join:2009-10-01

Her ultimate is extremely good for splitting teams and disengaging.

Use it while your team is disengaging from a fight - they either get slowed/knocked up/damaged or they spend a good 2 seconds avoiding it.

Use it while engaging a team fight correctly and you can split off one or two key opponents, or force their whole team to eat it.

Try coupling your slow with her bubble to catch opponents. Your slow should get you within range to land a decent bubble.

Sprakk

reply to f0rtys3ven

Speaking of Malphite...

Malphite using the Iceborn Gauntlet makes him an incredibly good duelist. Of course, this is mainly against AD champs. But if he has an advantage in lane against an AP champ, he can still bully them as well.

With the Iceborn Gauntlet he can permaslow his opponents between Q and IG procs. The damage he receives from this item is huge on both his Q, E and R. And it provides a good amount of CDR.

liquoranne

join:2009-01-14
reply to Archivis

So what is everyones opinion since patch? I have been in france/japan for a month so havent had any experience with it. All i can do is read forums, which i see is in uproar over blackcleavers..
How are the jungle changes? I read that Mundo was still clearing jungle just as fast but his build sequence changed a bit. Guess this break will let Riot iron some things out before i jump back in.

TheThing

reply to Archivis

ran mundo support bot last night, and got out-poked

Ezreal + Me vs. Teemo + Nidalee

totally dominated us... I still think Nidalee poke is OP

not sure why... but playing mundo felt VERY different

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

poke + heal > poke + no heal

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4

Morgana support seems interesting. Tried to run that once last night, but last pick got angry that first pick called adc first, and picked an adc, so they picked tristana and then dc'd before the match started. I played Morgana Support as solo top. Against Teemo. We did very well up to about 30 minutes, then apologized for surrendering. There was really nothing we could do. But in watching others, I bet she's a good support with this new style.
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

Sprakk

reply to liquoranne

The new patch is fun. Takes quite a bit of getting used to though.

The item shop took me a good week to navigate around properly until I found the grid button, instead of listing every item with it's description.

The jungle changes are neat. But I feel like it slows down the jungler a bit. Makes farming Wraiths a bit harder as mid too.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2

Ez is seeing quite a bit of play with the new Iceborne Gauntlet. The AoE slow built into that proc is ridiculous.

Blockfire
Sarcasm is my native tongue

join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service
reply to Sprakk

said by Sprakk:

Makes farming Wraiths a bit harder as mid too.

This was the intended result of that change.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2

There’s nothing more satisfying than the sounds of your enemies succumbing to an extreme beat-down. Not to Vi, anyway, the newest champion to join the League. Punching, excessive force, and armor-busting brutality are what she’s all about.

Abilities:

Blast Shield: Vi charges a shield over time. The shield can be activated by hitting an enemy with an ability.
Vault Breaker: Vi charges her gauntlets and unleashes a vault shattering punch, carrying her forward. Enemy champions that Vi collides with stop her movement and are knocked back.
Denting Blows: Vi's punches break her opponent's armor, dealing bonus damage and granting her attack speed.
Excessive Force: Vi's next attack blasts through her target, dealing damage to enemies behind it.
Assault and Battery: Vi runs down an enemy, knocking aside anyone in the way. When she reaches her target she knocks it into the air, jumps after it, and slams it back into the ground.

At home in top lane or the jungle, Vi’s playstyle revolves around pummeling opponents and tearing into and shattering their armor. Vi’s signature punch is Vault Breaker. When you first activate the ability, Vault Breaker begins charging a powerful punch. Activating Vault Breaker a second time causes you to dash forward, dealing damage to units and knocking back enemy champions. Early game, Vi excels at bullying opponents while shoving the lane with Vault Breaker and the AoE damage from Excessive Force. Skillful use of Excessive Force allows you to quickly clear your lane while harassing opponents trying to get in close to last hit minions.

When team fights erupt, Vi’s ultimate allows you to charge through your opponents’ front-line and crush their carries. Assault and Battery locks on to an enemy champion. You then chase them down, uppercutting them into the air. Enemies unfortunate enough to be in the way are knocked aside. High damage, armor debuffs, and knockbacks make you a disruptive force. Since Vi’s attacks and activated abilities apply stacks of Denting Blows, you can increase your damage significantly against armored opponents by just doing what you do best: punching. To top it all off, Vi’s Blast Shield helps her survive not only big damage bursts, but also prolonged team fights.

Are you ready to slip on your gauntlets and show off your pummeling prowess? Once your opponents get a glimpse of your heavy weaponry, it’s punch or be punched.

Lore:

To Vi, every problem is just another brick wall to punch through with her gigantic hextech gauntlets. Though she grew up on the wrong side of the law, Vi now uses her criminal know-how to serve Piltover's police force. Vi's brash attitude, abrasive humor, and blatant refusal to follow orders can often infuriate her by-the-books partner, Caitlyn. But even the Sheriff of Piltover cannot deny that Vi is an invaluable asset in the fight against crime.

As a child growing up in the lawless outskirts of Piltover, Vi learned to rob and cheat to get by. Stealing and stripping hextech hardware gave her the skills of a master mechanic, while life on the streets taught her self-reliance. When she was six, a ragtag group of criminals took a shine to the young delinquent and brought her into their fold. By the time Vi was eleven, she had become a seasoned accomplice, and she relished the thrill of every heist.

Vi's attitude changed when a raid on a mining facility went bad. She was forced to decide between fleeing with her crew and trying to save the innocent mine workers from a collapsed tunnel. Vi chose to play the hero. While searching for a way to free the mine workers from the rubble, she discovered a damaged robotic mining rig. Improvising, she wrenched off its huge fists and modified them into makeshift hextech gauntlets. Fitting the heavy weapons to her tiny hands, the young girl flexed her arm and threw a powered punch at the rubble. The force of the blow blasted away the rock. With the workers free to escape, Vi fled the scene.

After that job gone wrong, Vi severed her connection to the crew. She returned to a life of solitary crime, but stole only from other criminals. As the years went by, Vi modified and improved her hextech fists, allowing her to bust up heists and snatch loot with ease. Eventually, word of her notoriety reached Caitlyn, the famed Sheriff of Piltover. Rather than seek Vi's arrest, Caitlyn offered the criminal a way to pay her debt to society: work for the law in Piltover. Vi laughed. To her, a job that let her beat up crooks without forcing her to run from the cops sounded perfect. She immediately accepted. Caitlyn now struggles to keep Vi in line, and Vi treats Caitlyn's orders as mere suggestions, but when they work together, they are feared by all lawbreakers in Piltover.

''It's a shame. I've got two fists, but you've only got one face.''
-- Vi

--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

Vorpil

join:2010-01-30
Wright City, MO

Got a few games in early Sat morning. Had one game as Garen where I went 8/0 top and roaming after I took down the turret while the rest of the team was a combined 3/27. At that point team fights started and the other team would just focus me. I think I picked up 1 more kill and 3 deaths while my team racked up another 20 deaths and the game mercifully ended.
Some times this game is horribly frustrating, heh.
--
Deacon (Vek'nilash)
Volp (Vek'nilash)
Vorpil (Vek'nilash)

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Gettin back to it tonight.

Hoping to get 2 - 3 games in from 5 - 7 pm est.

liquoranne

join:2009-01-14
reply to Vorpil

I know the feeling man....Was grouped with a 4 man pre-made as top Cho vs an AK. Was 5/0/0 before i took down my turret...roamed from then...was 8/0/2 before laning phase was pretty much over...From there the pre-made decided to troll me and threw the game. I ended 12/3/2. On top of it i got 4 reports and 5 honorable opponent tags.

Sad part is couple games prior to that i was in another 4 man premade as mid. We were cruising through the other team fairly easy...Ace'd the team, was pushing nexus turrets then the other 4 vote surrendered on me......Screw being stuck in premades....

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
reply to f0rtys3ven

Only got one game in before my client went haywire and I switched to black ops.

Picked up the ziggs skin and its GREAT. He builds a snowman when he B's . The minefield is icecles. The W is a snowman. And Q is a snowball.

Won my only ziggs game. Had to play a fizz. Started bottle and 7 pots and just out sustained his ass. Didn't want to snowball him. Our Xin did a great job of ganking and we shot him down hard.

Over all looking forward to more games tonight!
--

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

What are the season skins?

I love my christmas tree Mao.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Fiddle, Kat, Bad Santa Veigar, Snowball Ziggs.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

Damn need to patch and check them out.