Premium Member
join:2009-03-06
Places

Meningitis to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain

Re: League of Legends

said by Chaplain:

I still play it. I think it's fun. Been playing with Meningitis and his friends. They're terrible. No one gets angry, and we lose a lot. It's still fun.

FIFY.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
join:2002-10-11
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

You guys aren't terrible. It's fun to play!

TheThing
join:2012-08-10

TheThing to f0rtys3ven

to f0rtys3ven
I gave up on ranked because... I was always the bitch... aka... fill in what's needed

and 9 out of 10 times it was support

I hate playing fucking support, im great at it, i just dont enjoy it

this game needs to let you Queue for the position you want to play, similar to WoW dungeon finder where you can Queue for tank/healer/dps

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Yea at least for bronze / silver I think a que that allows you to set priority of position wanted would be helpful.

I love support. I would support all day everyday if you could promise me an aggressive competant adc everytime.

I hate being useless just because someone else is.
f0rtys3ven

f0rtys3ven

On a much happier note.

The NA pro season starts today!

This year Riot has gone all out.
Check out.
na.lolesports.com for the tourny info.

2 10 week seasons ending in world finals.

First 10 weeks starts today. Each of the 8 teams with play the others 4 times. Their records will determine a seading for the first half playoff. The bottom 4 will have to play in a tourny to cement their spots for the second half. There will be teams there that have qualified from online and the amatuer leagues.

4pm east is Counter logic gaming v team solo mid
5pm east is Curse gaming v dignitas
6pm east is Counter logic gaming v Good gaming university (team dynamic)
7pm east is Team solo mid v team vulcan (fear / muffinqts team)
liquoranne
join:2009-01-14

liquoranne to f0rtys3ven

to f0rtys3ven
Lol forty....just had a game during my lunch break as ADC with the opposite....I lock in Kog (yea i like the lil worm dragon) and support picks Soraka....Im not a fan of sor unless im in more of a poke comp (siv, cait maybe graves). Enemy has blitz and MF....well...i do well until lvl 3 where sor gets caught trying to poke mf....downhill from there....couple deaths really swing things...

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Bad soraka.

Remulis
Bealeton, VA

Remulis to liquoranne

to liquoranne
Agreed!
EVerygame I've won in ranked this season i've been playing top. Every game I've lost I was playing other roles.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

So I believe the stream maxed out at around 250,000 viewers yesterday.

Also, TSM has announced a sponsership by qualcomm which outside of Intel is the biggest sponsorship to date!

Good week for esports!

Fiftycals
join:2010-02-16
El Paso, TX

Fiftycals

Play some games with Yoon and I, f0rty. I made it out of my rut about a week ago so I started playing ranked again. Pushing closer and closer to gold. Started out 11 wins 5 losses for ranked.. I think I'm at 12-6 now. I try to only play ranked when I feel focused enough for it.

Got back into the groove of things. I just can't get away from this game.

I stream every now and then

Twitch.tv/fiftycallol

Hit us up f0rty!

Deklon
join:2011-10-05
Lancaster, PA

Deklon

Click for full size
Had some fun as jungle Vi

Fiftycals
join:2010-02-16
El Paso, TX

Fiftycals

Nice, Deklon! Vi is a very potent champ and atm my favorite jungler. Lots of fun to play.

Deklon
join:2011-10-05
Lancaster, PA

Deklon

Click for full size
Ended up having 4100 HP ( Procing 410 HP shield every 8 seconds) from Blast Shield and still doing great damage. New fav jungler definitely. Mobility is just insane. Greatest feeling in the game is being a screen away from someone running away and charging Q, flashing, using Q, then R to kill em.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Played some AD kennen yesterday.

I think in my ranked games I am going to be playing AD kennen if I have to ADC. Screw the team peeling. I'll peel for my self.
Its pretty strong, the utility is invaluable and the w makes every 5th hit do more dmg. Its not the greatest staroid but it does allow him to scale ok. He also has the highest innate attack speed in the game.

The Pro games this weekend did not disappoint. I got to watch all 8 NA and all 8 EU games and was very happy with the production quality and the quality of the matches.

In NA
Curse 3 - 0
CLG 2 - 1
TSM 2 - 1
Dignitas 2 - 1
f0rtys3ven

f0rtys3ven to Deklon

to Deklon
Warmogs OP.

I would win everygame if all my bruisers rushed warmogs. I tell every bruiser I play with to rush warmogs. Only half the time they do. If its not Kog, Vayne, or Elise warmogs stops dmg in its track.
f0rtys3ven

f0rtys3ven to Fiftycals

to Fiftycals
I'm currently about 50%.

Like 26 - 52 ish. Bronze 4 baby! Finding Kennen has the ability to carry a whole team. I will be spamming him. My jungle right now feels so weak. I play Udyr, Skarner, Olaf and the Udyr works ok if you can get a lane with another hard CC but hes sooo kitable. Skarner is the same and flash ult doesn't work well enough anymore. (If they flash away you don't catch them anymore)

Prolly should pick up Xin, Vi, or Jarven to be able to have a carry type jungle. I have never really played a carry jungle out side of Shyv. I just need another spot I can carry a team from. My ADC is good but so dependent on the team that its really hard to carry baddies and be squishy.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

We haven't played in several months. How difficult would it be to get back into the swing of things?

We stopped playing before all the new item changes took place.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

2 edits

1 recommendation

f0rtys3ven

Its the same thing you left man.

Bruisers have it the easiest.

Most OP
Khazik - Get whole team tanky to stop resets
Amumu - Same Shit
Malph - Same Shit
Vi - jungle, ward so you have a whole screen to get a way
Akali - See how to stop resests.
Zed - If fed you lose because carrys disappear
Thresh - Better blitz dont get hooked
Shen - Same shit
Zin - jungle, again ward because he will kill you period.
Ryze - late game you cant kill him and he can combo your tanks

Roles
Top - More assassins than before. Kat/Akali/Zed common. Jayce Nid Darius still really good.

Mid - AD assassins are prevelant. Your AP mid page should have armor yellows. Talon / Panth / Kha all dominate here if you have no armor. Lux / Kayle / Kennen all good APs.

Jungle - Two types mostly. Carry / Support. Amumu mao best support jungles. Xin Jarven Lee best carry jungles.

ADC - Same shit. EZ is most common followed by graves and vayne. Kennen is FotM. See Giants EU pro team. Draven poops on stupid.

Support - Sona is lol weak early carful. Tanky is nice. Taric great. Thresh great. Blitz weak. Leona nice.

Just really beware of the reset comp. Its the hardest thing to deal with currently. Khazik being the meanest version.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

What is the "reset" comp?

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica to f0rtys3ven

Premium Member

to f0rtys3ven
Teemo op or no go.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

1 edit

f0rtys3ven to Exodus

to Exodus
Items changed very little about the game minus niche things.

Lynadys torment leaves a % health burning dot based on spell dmg. Double if they are CCd. Good on APs the have constant spells / AoE / Crowd control. Think Teemo / Kayle / Anivia. Also good on Mpen stack Assassin builds Kat / Akali / Diana.

Armor / AP item (Something Armbands)
Build if against AD or are going to buy hourglass. It now builds into that with needlessly.

New DFG
Amplifies all AP dmg after it hits. Does % of current health dmg so not as nice of a nuke. Niche item. Has CDR. Builds out of needlessly.

Statikk shiv is a PD type item. It gives the nice AoE lightning every little bit. Great op EZ. Situational on everyone else. EZ q procs this so you can get free AoE at range. Vayne also uses it sometimes for wave clear I have found.

Hurricane.
Really Really niche. TONS of attack speed. Passive gives 3 free autos with every auto. Really consider if you need this as it will gimp your crit / single target dmg which you need to kill tanks.

Black cleaver
Build on bruisers for dmg. Build first on AD assassins. This item turns MF into a AoE armor shredder and makes no AP comps viable.

Tear upgrades. Manaumane upgrade dumps mana into increased dmg on autos. Makes some champs do lol dmg. Think urgot / kha. The staff gives a shield as a mana dump good for aps that need mana and tanky.

Support items are the craziest. Just get sight stone as first item after gp10 and experiment with the rest.

Twin shadows is SWEET! The slow can win those kity team fights. Shard of ice is situational but keeps its GP10 so its kinda cool. The clense item is super expensive but super effective if needed. But srsly its a gold sink.

Boot upgrades.
Distorition - lowers CD on tele and flash. Nice for lol lots of teles or for ADCs that are against jarven or anything else where lots of flash is neeeded.

Home Guard - run fast from foutian get if dieing.

Stacking MS with autos / spells - good for kiting w/ adcs / catchy aps

Flat MS - hmmm ok i guess

Anything else is prolly lackluster. Feel free to help me if I forgot something guys!

EDIT:

Things I forgot.
Machete: Neccessary on all junglers to start.

Two upgrade paths to start. One is a philo that gives extra dmg to minions the other is razor that builds into wiggles. You can get just razor for good clear times and sell later as wiggles isn't all that efficient anymore.

Spirit stone upgrades to 3 things Ad, AP, and Tank. All are reletivly ok. Decide if you want to use them or not. The AD one is strong as is the tank.

You sell boots for this item is now Zephyr.

Blade of the ruined king is a gimped ass Madreds. I want to experiment with this more. It has a cool active that I think may be really strong mid game.

Tiamat upgrade gives tiamat + lifesteal. Its as lawlz as tiamat itself.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

What is the "reset" comp?

Did a quick search and it appears to be a comp that has (a) champ(s) that can reset a team fight on command, such as Gragas or Janna with their respective ults.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven to Exodus

to Exodus
Kat / Akali / Khazik.

The person with the reset gets fed and kills your whole team. You should be pretty familiar with that.

Now these people have gotten smart and will build warmogs and just wait on the resets. If they get one they can win the team fight on base dmg and penatration alone. Kha especially.

To beat your WHOLE team needs to have warmogs so they can't get a reset before you kill them.
f0rtys3ven

f0rtys3ven to Antonica

to Antonica
IDK i don't play him.

Lyandrys is really good I guess.
f0rtys3ven

f0rtys3ven to Goggalor

to Goggalor
No champs that get CDs back on kill / assists.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by f0rtys3ven:

No champs that get CDs back on kill / assists.

Gotcha. That makes more sense, especially since you mentioned Kha'zix previously in regards to a reset comp.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven to Exodus

to Exodus
Good?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Dusted off good ol' Amumu last night with Block as Annie and Hypnotics as Taric. Rest of the team was Tristana and Tryndamere.

Jungle hits a lot harder and the initial build was messed up since I didn't know how to start. Other than that it was a really good game.

I ended up 8/2/21, Amumu never fails me.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
join:2002-10-11
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

Played 3 last night. Lost the first two due to some DCs, and won the third. I carried with Ryze against a Nid Mid. Man, he can hit like a truck sometimes.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I like the new store and the new animations/graphics the jungle seems to get you more money when you farm. Just need to get used to the new store and see what items are gone..