spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed view:
normal
« TitanfallIcewind Dale Enhanced Edition »
prev page · 1 · 2 · 3 ... 454 · 455 · 456 · 457 · 458 · 459 ... 518 · 519 · 520 · next

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

1 edit
reply to Archivis

Re: League of Legends

Items changed very little about the game minus niche things.

Lynadys torment leaves a % health burning dot based on spell dmg. Double if they are CCd. Good on APs the have constant spells / AoE / Crowd control. Think Teemo / Kayle / Anivia. Also good on Mpen stack Assassin builds Kat / Akali / Diana.

Armor / AP item (Something Armbands)
Build if against AD or are going to buy hourglass. It now builds into that with needlessly.

New DFG
Amplifies all AP dmg after it hits. Does % of current health dmg so not as nice of a nuke. Niche item. Has CDR. Builds out of needlessly.

Statikk shiv is a PD type item. It gives the nice AoE lightning every little bit. Great op EZ. Situational on everyone else. EZ q procs this so you can get free AoE at range. Vayne also uses it sometimes for wave clear I have found.

Hurricane.
Really Really niche. TONS of attack speed. Passive gives 3 free autos with every auto. Really consider if you need this as it will gimp your crit / single target dmg which you need to kill tanks.

Black cleaver
Build on bruisers for dmg. Build first on AD assassins. This item turns MF into a AoE armor shredder and makes no AP comps viable.

Tear upgrades. Manaumane upgrade dumps mana into increased dmg on autos. Makes some champs do lol dmg. Think urgot / kha. The staff gives a shield as a mana dump good for aps that need mana and tanky.

Support items are the craziest. Just get sight stone as first item after gp10 and experiment with the rest.

Twin shadows is SWEET! The slow can win those kity team fights. Shard of ice is situational but keeps its GP10 so its kinda cool. The clense item is super expensive but super effective if needed. But srsly its a gold sink.

Boot upgrades.
Distorition - lowers CD on tele and flash. Nice for lol lots of teles or for ADCs that are against jarven or anything else where lots of flash is neeeded.

Home Guard - run fast from foutian get if dieing.

Stacking MS with autos / spells - good for kiting w/ adcs / catchy aps

Flat MS - hmmm ok i guess

Anything else is prolly lackluster. Feel free to help me if I forgot something guys!

EDIT:

Things I forgot.
Machete: Neccessary on all junglers to start.

Two upgrade paths to start. One is a philo that gives extra dmg to minions the other is razor that builds into wiggles. You can get just razor for good clear times and sell later as wiggles isn't all that efficient anymore.

Spirit stone upgrades to 3 things Ad, AP, and Tank. All are reletivly ok. Decide if you want to use them or not. The AD one is strong as is the tank.

You sell boots for this item is now Zephyr.

Blade of the ruined king is a gimped ass Madreds. I want to experiment with this more. It has a cool active that I think may be really strong mid game.

Tiamat upgrade gives tiamat + lifesteal. Its as lawlz as tiamat itself.

--
I though I had it all mapped out.
But I guess not.
This fucking black cloud still follows me around.
Its time to exercise these demons.
These mother fuckers are doing jumping jacks now.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2
reply to Archivis
said by Archivis:

What is the "reset" comp?

Did a quick search and it appears to be a comp that has (a) champ(s) that can reset a team fight on command, such as Gragas or Janna with their respective ults.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
reply to Archivis
Kat / Akali / Khazik.

The person with the reset gets fed and kills your whole team. You should be pretty familiar with that.

Now these people have gotten smart and will build warmogs and just wait on the resets. If they get one they can win the team fight on base dmg and penatration alone. Kha especially.

To beat your WHOLE team needs to have warmogs so they can't get a reset before you kill them.
--
But I guess not.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
reply to Antonica
IDK i don't play him.

Lyandrys is really good I guess.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
reply to Goggalor
No champs that get CDs back on kill / assists.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2
said by f0rtys3ven:

No champs that get CDs back on kill / assists.

Gotcha. That makes more sense, especially since you mentioned Kha'zix previously in regards to a reset comp.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
reply to Archivis
Good?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
Dusted off good ol' Amumu last night with Block as Annie and Hypnotics as Taric. Rest of the team was Tristana and Tryndamere.

Jungle hits a lot harder and the initial build was messed up since I didn't know how to start. Other than that it was a really good game.

I ended up 8/2/21, Amumu never fails me.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4
Played 3 last night. Lost the first two due to some DCs, and won the third. I carried with Ryze against a Nid Mid. Man, he can hit like a truck sometimes.
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
I like the new store and the new animations/graphics the jungle seems to get you more money when you farm. Just need to get used to the new store and see what items are gone..
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
I'll catch you for a game one of these nights. It's so much more relaxing for me now. I don't worry about the outcome.
--

Blockfire
Sarcasm is my native tongue

join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS
kudos:1
reply to Archivis
PENTAKILL ANNIE!!!!!!

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
I might play a game with you also, if you're ever on. Noob.
--

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Blockfire
Oh yeah Block got a penta with annie.

Blockfire

Wichita, KS
reply to Archivis
Lyandry's or whatever it's called is an absolute must on any AP champion. It's like a free ignite on every AP spell that lands.

Blockfire

Wichita, KS
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service
reply to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

Oh yeah Block got a penta with annie.

they gave me the 5th kill so i could get the penta, i think.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
Yeah the 5th one was donated but stil it was a good one.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
lol gj block!

I won 6 games in a row today in ranked.

5 str8 ez games

new moto ... go hard

as soon as i poke them to 2/3s I am all inning for better or worse. So far I have carried a couple games because I all ind their adc 3 times before 15 min and won them all and am now sitting on BT and half a shiv lol.

1 win away from bronze 3 ........ im soo bad

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
Made bronze 3 ... woot woot

Blockfire

Wichita, KS
reply to Archivis
i'm at 98 points in bronze 2, when i win my next game, do i go into the best of 3 matches to get to bronze 3?

Blockfire

Wichita, KS
reply to Archivis
oh, and i shit on an entire team with kennen last night. went 10-1 with only a hextech revolver, boots and liandrys. I finished with over 6k gold unspent just because I could never go back and buy my free rabadoodles.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
Kennen is super strong.

Lyandys + Rylias if they have brusiers. Go in first and you can chunk a good 1/3 - 1/2 of their HP with your ult + w. That proc too good! Even if you die your team can clean up.

As long as you can relize when your team should go kennen is like a lighthouse for stupid. Follow the lightning friends it will bring you wins!

You will be moving UP to Bronze 1 if you win your best of 3.

Blockfire

Wichita, KS
reply to Archivis
oh, i thought it was 1,then 2, etc. up to three and then silver, 1...2..etc.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
Nope 5 is the shit bucket.

Blockfire

Wichita, KS
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service
reply to Archivis
i'm not impressed so far with bronze, most of the time I either have to carry the game myself or just sit back and watch everyone go full retard and hope the other team is worse than mine.

been having the best success as the jungler, mundo/GP/rammus and just shitting on the other team whenever I come out. Endgame i can normally just do whatever I want and get away with a couple of kills under my belt.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
Yep.

Your best bet always is to embarass your lane by the 15 min mark.

My best games have been when I all in'd the ADC asap and continue to do it every chance I got. My best is 5 kills at 13 min. I think I can do better.

I think the biggest thing to gaining elo is just pooping on your lane until you cant skill wise. All in every chance you get. If you lose then play passive but if you win do it again in 1 min and again and again. When you are laughing at how much of a dick you are go kill someone else but not until you know that mofo is crying at his keyboard.

When people say you have to carry yourself they just mean win every all in. If you are like me and would wait till I had a for sure kill you are too far behind the guy thats all inning every 30 secs because hes farming people when you are farming CS.

Doublelift has had the best quote so far about laning. Farming creeps has no right or wrong or perfect number. Its all relative. If you can harass or cs harass harass harass. CS when the enemy laner has taken too much poke and is cowering or he is dead.
--
But I guess not.

Blockfire

Wichita, KS
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service
I do best mid or jungle. I just seem to be able to bully just about anyone mid and I make sure that whoever i jungle with has the ability to absolutely guarantee a kill/summoner usage every time i leave. If people don't support my ganks, i won't return to the lane unless i can guarantee myself the ability to kill someone w/o relying on them. I basically turn my character into someone who can't be 2v1'd without killing one or more of the opponents. it's a pretty selfish strategy but it's working to get me out of elo-hell.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
Mid in low elo is all about map awareness. If there is action in top or bot as soon as the engage happen move and you can clean it up if its bad. Also tabbing at 2min to see who brought wards is really useful. If top didn't ding 3 and move there for a kill to start the snowball as soon as possible.

Jungle is the most frustrating thing ever in low elo. I dread jungling and really just camp one lane and pray that one in competant.

Its nice to have another person that understands the challenges with this climb.
--
But I guess not.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Blockfire
Leave my jungle alone!

Sprakk

join:2009-10-01
reply to Blockfire
The divisions go from 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 with 5 being the lowest and 1 the highest.

You can jump a division if the system believes you belong higher up. But generally you will have to get to 100 points in each division and win a best of 3 (best of 5 for division 1) series to progress to the next tier.

I think I started somewhere around Gold IV or Gold V and now I'm in Platinum V.

I've got no idea how relative that is to the old Elo system.