Premium Member

to Deremus

Re: League of Legends

1st placement game -- 0/2/24 janna, easy win

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

On a positive I got 33 IP for my win last night after placements. Shouldn't take long to carry out with those kinds of gains.
f0rtys3ven

f0rtys3ven to icp1

to icp1
I wouldn't expect good results no matter what your placements look like.

icp1
Premium Member
join:2000-10-13
Saint Louis, MO

icp1

Premium Member

said by f0rtys3ven:

I wouldn't expect good results no matter what your placements look like.

yeah, i know, but at least I'd rather be near top of bronze to make rising faster.

So far I am 3-1, probably finish placements tomorrow night

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

I had people in my games last night that went like 8-2 were s1 last season and were place in b3. I think they really dropped everyone down to make room for the extra tier feels harsh for those of us on the bottom. But like I said your gains should be really nice once your out.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
Everyone I know has so far been dropped really hard except for 1. He managed to only drop from Gold 4 0 LP to Silver 1. And he only won 6/10.

icp1
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO

icp1 to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
6-4 promos (after 4-1 start)
Silver IV -- not bad, (was S2 at end of season)
I noticed I won the games against former gold so taht prob helped

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven to Exodus

to Exodus
And the NA LCS starts with a BANG!! TSM loses to a new challenger team. C9 is the only 0-2 team. And the team formally known as Curse is the only 2-0 and will be welcoming World Champion Piglet to the roster next week. The rest are tied for second.

CLG went 1-1 and lost to a challenger esque team as well. They are waiting on their main top laner and coach (Zion Spartan and Scarra which were banned for being "poached" from Dignitas.) Honestly, Dignitas looks like the worst team in the league currently.

I continue to be impressed with XiaoWeiXiao and believe he's probably the best mid laner in the NA lcs currently. iWillDominate looks like the measuring stick for junglers, Dblelift and aphroomoo are probably still the botlane that can and will most early games but their team decisions after that are pretty shaky. Expecial and Piglet may end up being the best bot lane. I think top lane is still up for grabs. Dyrus looks solid but we were missing quite a few and has subs.
Tehuno
join:2005-01-18
Bartlesville, OK

Tehuno to Exodus

to Exodus
I played my 1st real game the other day after 600 or so ARAMS. Ya not pretty. Team was down 17-2 on kills inside the 1st 10 minutes.

ARAMS have made me realize i really, really hate laning.

Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla to f0rtys3ven

to f0rtys3ven
I love my new job, I get to watch so much, even the EU LCS matches which start at 11am my time.
Blockgorilla

Blockgorilla to f0rtys3ven

to f0rtys3ven
oh, and Keith McBrief is a badass with a 19 KDA. super impressive

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Yea he was. . . I hope piglet can perform the same with the language barrier. But when doublelift calls you a mechanical god, you know his play is on point.
f0rtys3ven

1 edit

f0rtys3ven

Made it back to bronze 3 last night.

5-1 with J4. Feeling really strong with Lizz still. I want to play Kennen top more but I need to figure out some runes. My first matchup was Ryze which I wasn't exactly thrilled with. Leona is probably the strongest support in Bronze if I have to play against it I am picking Lux mostly and attempting to just bust the other ADC if mine gets caught. It works decently well as long as I hit my skills and autos. Playing Mumu and Mao if we need tank junglers but if thanks the case I have little faith. Trusting in other lanes to carry is so scary.

Yesterday I jungled against a shaco as J4 that was mouthing off really hard in /all. I dumped a ton of resources into wards early and mid game so we could keep an eye on him and he had only one assist at 14 min. It felt like a nice learned adaptation from experience that really shut down what should be a weak champ but in bronze seems to always be an issue.

Good luck in the rift!
f0rtys3ven

f0rtys3ven

One final thought. I wish everyone, Pros and Bronzies alike, would just stop playing LeBlanc. Its a weak ass champ. IDC what everyone says I just keep watching her get pub stomped past 10 mins every game and I can't see how this pick continues to be justified.

icp1
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO

icp1

Premium Member

said by f0rtys3ven:

One final thought. I wish everyone, Pros and Bronzies alike, would just stop playing LeBlanc. Its a weak ass champ. IDC what everyone says I just keep watching her get pub stomped past 10 mins every game and I can't see how this pick continues to be justified.

Yet I just payed a LB that owned us all day, like 20/4 or something, instakilled my jinx from offscreen 2000 dmg in .3 secs.

Granted we didnt have a good comp against her but she can be nasty if played right
icp1

icp1 to f0rtys3ven

Premium Member

to f0rtys3ven
said by f0rtys3ven:

Made it back to bronze 3 last night.

Leona is probably the strongest support in Bronze if I have to play against it I am picking Lux mostly and attempting to just bust the other ADC if mine gets caught.Good luck in the rift!

Janna is good vs Leona with some practice, i love her speed so much
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco to f0rtys3ven

Premium Member

to f0rtys3ven
said by f0rtys3ven:

She is extremely good. But she has a lot of counters since her silence was removed and you have to adjust accordingly. I think she is too risky for competitive play but I will gladly first pick her in ranked in my lowly Bronze/Silver tiers. Almost no one knows how to shut her down in low ranks. My normal MMR is quite a bit higher than my ranked and I still routinely pull off games of 20+ kills. Just yesterday in the 1 game I played, I pulled off a 16/7/6 victory even though I laned against Annie who I would consider to be a LeBlanc counter.

Hopefully the removal of DFG will separate the LeBlanc main wannabe's from the dedicated LeBlanc players. Apparently I am one of the few people who thinks DFG is a waste on LeBlanc and I am happy it is getting removed.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven to Exodus

to Exodus
TSM, CLG, and Gravity (Saint Vicious and Cop) are tied at number one with 3-1 records.

Cop becomes the second person to reach 500 kills in the LCS. Sneaky welcomes the world champ (Piglet) into the league with a absolute pubstomping with the new kalista and of course rush hour pull off the perfect flash ballista (Blitzcrank and Kalista hook. I'm not going to explain the mechanics because I am not sure I still fully understand the kalista ones myself.) hook which basically insta killed XiaoWeiXiao's xearth. It was a blitz hook that seemed to travel essentially a screen and a half. I would liken it to a blitz flashing hooking and instantly clicking a full length Thresh lantern. The rest of the weekend was rather slow CLG is the best team to watch but TSM feels like the strongest at this point.

Haven't played any games in a few days and I think I will continue that trend. Its just not worth the hassle at this point. Hope yall are doing well!

Blockgorilla
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla

said by f0rtys3ven:

and of course rush hour pull off the perfect flash ballista (Blitzcrank and Kalista hook. I'm not going to explain the mechanics because I am not sure I still fully understand the kalista ones myself.) hook which basically insta killed XiaoWeiXiao's xearth.

What makes that so hard is you have to use the kalista ult before the hook lands (it was nerfed by riot after the introduction of Thresh). so if you miss, you've already used the kalista ult

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

It looks so flashy. Rush hour, aphromoo especially has to be one of the most entertaining parts of LCS.

Blockgorilla
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla

giving him anything with a hook is just an automatic loss. I've heard about support Nautilus being even better than blitzcrank, his passive and kalista is supposed to be massive amounts of dmg.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven to Exodus

to Exodus
Checked the standings yesterday. TSM wins the last head to head against CLG on Sunday and will probably finish number one baring a huge blunder on the final week next week. I'm not sure what the plan is after this split, maybe allstars/regulation period?

Blockgorilla
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla

i haven't heard a peep about all-stars. All i know is that however teams finish this split, in the playoffs, gets points towards going to worlds (so the spring split actually counts towards something).

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I think I will finally put down some time at the LAN party to do my placement matches for this season. Any one up to duo?

Blockgorilla
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla to Exodus

to Exodus
i think i've done about 8 so far, but i've lost a ton of them. I am always up for a duo Jobbie

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

I'm not sure where I am. I haven't played in a bit. I think I am done but I'm in bronze for sure!

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
Click for full size
Hey Antonica...

Omega Squad Teemo
Jobbie

Jobbie

Premium Member

So far I've won my first 2 placement matches playinng Thresh. Block can play a mean ADC.

Blockgorilla
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla to Jobbie

to Jobbie
i might actually have to buy that skin, it's ridiculously cool

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

1 edit

Jobbie

Premium Member

Click for full size
Click for full size
I found my new jungler against AP(ish) teams. We were getting shit on by that Nidalee but after she could not touch me at all.

Edit: That damage for a tank build.