Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

danielk

join:2009-02-01
Greenwood, MO
reply to Archivis

Re: League of Legends

Yea, when he first came out his Ult did more damage + 25% current HP instead of 20% now. But like i said I have never played xin and it's kinda rare I see him in games nowadays.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

It depends on the cycle. When he's free, people love him. Still, most people stick with the generic item build and have him going for a hybrid of survivability/DPS and send him to charge right in.

It doesn't work. I tried. I've played several games as Xin and the only way to do it is to stack +damage, + attack speed and enough armor pen to do damage and adjust your playstyle.

You're an in-and-out ganker. Stay in the bushes, or wait for your team to initiate and utterly clean house with the damage you pull.

The big thing about the character is that he's a "ramp up" character. Some characters are better early game. Some are better mid-game. Some take off at end-game if they haven't been farmed. Xin isn't a great solo ganker until he has a few items under his belt. You may abandon the team ganks/defends in favor of jungling/killing safe creep waves. I am constantly trying to generate as much gold as possible, because shit dies fast when you gather each item. Here's my observations:

Opener: Boots + 3 health pots. Generally, I come out on top almost every time in 2v2 in bush fights. At level 3, I have 1 rank of every ability and i can charge, hit fast and stun.

Level six, the ult is great for ganks as well. Usually level 7-13 is the lull period where I can't get as many kills and result to generating as much gold as possible. I get the cleaver, and this puts me at a good advantage, but I'm busting my butt to farm up a phantom dancer, which usually happens by 13.

At that point, I go to town and start fighting in the team fights, getting some kills. I'll build up an Infinity Edge and when that's done, I can absolutely blast anyone 1v1. Often times, I can beat up 1v2 as well as long as I'm not chain stunned.

From there, it's a second phantom dancer and it's usually GG after that. If the game is still going on, it's a bloodthirster. Nobody survives that combo. Not even tanks. Plus, I'm lifestealing against most players for more than they can do damage to. 2 hits per second, critting for 1000-2000 (high crit chance), lifestealing 30% of that means 600-1200 HP restored per second.
--
'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.' -Thomas Jefferson -

danielk

Greenwood, MO

Yea, he's one of the few heroes I'd agree with starting with boots 1.

Also I was thinking that possibly SotO would be a pretty solid pick for him.

I'll probably give him a shot next time he's free. Other than that I'll just still with what I'm normally playing, Nasus, Kassadin, and sometimes Taric.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

I haven't tried all of the heroes yet, but my next two to try out are Ezreal, Kog'maw, and Twitch.

I've seen them dominate as well. I know AP Kog'maw isn't preferred, but damn, I would love to drop 1k acids from a distance on a team every 3 seconds.
--
'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.' -Thomas Jefferson -

danielk

Greenwood, MO

AD ezreal can get disgusting if fed enough, though he's getting a pretty rough nerf in the next patch.

I haven't played as Kog but he's a harassment god, as soon as they close the range though you're pretty much toast. 80% of the time i see AD Kogs but every once in a while I'll find a good AP kog that makes my life miserable.

As for twitch, only reason I'm not so much a fan of him is as soon as the other team starts buying Oracle Elixirs he's pretty much shut down unless he's smart about popping in at the exact right time.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

What are they doing to Ezreal? I don't follow the nerfs. I just log in once in a while and play. You're right about Twitch.

I saw an AD Kog that was 2 shotting players.
--

danielk

Greenwood, MO

Well looks like they updated the patch notes yesterday. In older notes they reduced the damage of flux and shift.

Damage Per Level reduced to 2.6 from 3
Attack Speed Per Level reduced to 2.8 from 3.22
Mystic Shot
* Mystic Shot damage reduced to 35/55/75/95/115 from 40/65/90/115/140
Essence Flux
* Mana Cost reduced to 70/80/90/100/110 from 80/90/100/110/120

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

That's not too bad. They didn't change the ratios, did they?

danielk

Greenwood, MO

1 edit

AP ratios should stay, they did change the AD ratio for mystic shot in the previous patch but it was minor, from 1.1 to 1.0

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

Oh well. I just like the harass ability that it has.

I wonder if I should just stack a bunch of blood thirsters + one infinity edge.
--

danielk

Greenwood, MO

Throw in a sheen and that's pretty much the core of AD ez in a nutshell

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

Sheen? I forgot about that. yeah, that would be hot. Damn, I completely forgot about that.

I should get a fucking sheen for Xin.

I could probably crit someone for 1800.
--

danielk

Greenwood, MO

1 edit

Take it one step further on Xin and build it into a Trinity Force =)

Another item I forgot to mention being a must for AD or AP ez being Chalice, even thought Mystic Shot is fairly cheap, he can still spam the shit out of it.

However in the next patch Sheen/LichBane/Trinity Force are having their "reservoir" system removed so you'll be stuck with a 2sec cooldown for the additional damage effect of those items.

So that plus the reduction to mystic shot that's a pretty hard hit to his damage but similar to the situation with Heimerdinger losing a turret, people will just have to play smarter with him.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

I've not seen any good Heimers. It's unfortunate.

I have had a blast with Soraka though.

danielk

Greenwood, MO

That is true, he's still a good pusher though and those turrets can still be a threat if placed right.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

They're good for defense, but they just get soaked up by spells. I've not seen a very successful turret pusher.

All I have to do is right click heimer, his turret decides to target me and my tower targets the turret and it's GG turret.
--

danielk

Greenwood, MO

The funny thing is even after the changes to Heimer and Shaco, alot of people assume they're pretty much worthless and end up getting wrecked pretty hard.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

I love shaco.

danielk

Greenwood, MO
reply to Archivis

Even with the nerfs to his ult and deceive, he still is a boss.

a2nxtcrav3r
Pokes People With Stick
Premium
join:2003-07-13
San Jose, CA
reply to Archivis

I play it, main udyr mostly, Free dota. Rainstalker is my name add me if you like
--
i need money

danielk

Greenwood, MO

Udyr looks like a REALLY fun champ to play, alot of games I've played with him in it has him being a beast, wanting to give him a try,

I usually main either Nasus or Kassadin. Add me as ToyCack if you wish.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

I'm Archivis.

Antonica is "Ishem".

a2nxtcrav3r
Pokes People With Stick
Premium
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to danielk

said by danielk:

Udyr looks like a REALLY fun champ to play, alot of games I've played with him in it has him being a beast, wanting to give him a try,

I usually main either Nasus or Kassadin. Add me as ToyCack if you wish.
its fun if you like owning it up late game =( udyr's early game is a joke.

i favor tiger stance over phoenix anyday imo. Hes a beast as long as the other team doesent use good knowledge of his weakness( no range skills)
--
i need money

danielk

Greenwood, MO

Do you Jungle on Udyr? I'm not sure as to whether laning or jungling early game is the way to go for Udyr.

a2nxtcrav3r
Pokes People With Stick
Premium
San Jose, CA

solo queue i lane udyr i dont trust people who claim to be able to 1v2, but like with friends yes jungle
--
i need money

Sprakk

join:2009-10-01
reply to Archivis

I too play LoL.

Name is Sprakk

Bit late to the party in regards to the LoL vs HoN vs DoTA discussion, however here's my input...

DoTA is/was a great game, it had many mechanics which seperated the good players from the bad. Team battles are pretty key, however, there are certain aspects of the game which are lacking. Spells don't scale, fed carries are almost unstoppable and lack of content release, ie. more heroes, etc.

HoN is a good game in it's own way. It's more akin to DoTA than LoL. You can still last hit creeps, tower mechanics are still similar in terms of targetting. Scaling is similar, heroes are similar. Only thing really different is the graphics. The one thing though, that really annoys me is the fact that all the champions look so damn similar, can take a lot of getting used to, to differentiate between them.

LoL is a good game also. The game is much more different than HoN and DoTA. Yes, it is easier to get stuck into if you have no previous experience in any of the games. Considering I said team fights were key for DoTA and it is similarly for HoN... team fights are absolute for LoL, a victorious team fight (Ace), can pretty much turn the tables and win your team the game in an instant. Spells now scale according to your Ability Power. With different mechanics like armor and spell penetration, LoL is a whole different game.

Out of the three, I prefer them in this order..
1) League of Legends
2) Defense of the Ancients
3) Heroes of Newerth

To me, DoTA will always be DoTA, great game, good mechanics, good team fights and co-ordination.

HoN will always be a prettier version of DoTA, hasn't brought much new to the table, I feel the game-play is actually sub-par to DoTA itself.

LoL is a fun game, which has broken away from DoTA in terms of simple mechanics and has much variety in terms of gameplay.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

Click for full size
Finally figuring ezreal out.

Sprakk

join:2009-10-01

That Urgot looks filth.

I couldn't have picked worse items even if i tried.

One major gripe I have about this game is the matchmaking. I kid you not, every game I win in ranked is usually due to a 4v5 scenario where someone on the other team has dropped.

I don't know why it happens, but I get teamed up with BADS 90% of the time. At the end of the game, I will without doubt be #1 on kills #1 on least deaths and likely #1 on assists for my team.

If you plan on playing any sort of ranked games when you hit 30, make sure you go with pre-mades. There are some serious bads amongst the LoL community, and more often then not, they will be on your team.

danielk

Greenwood, MO
reply to Archivis

VERY nice ex there arc, I still don't feel 100% on getting zerk's on heroes that have abilities to boost their AS, but if it works well for you, i'm not one to judge.

I'm still amazed at how many people still build malady despite how bad of an item it is, for a little more you can buy a Stark's which doesn't have the AS and dmg debuff, but helps out the whole team, or for a little cheaper, buy a stinger and a vamp scepter, get almost as much AS, a little less lifesteal, but with a little added CDR.

I haven't ran into ranked yet (still 22) but yea, I don't plan on playing ranked games unless I'm running in a pre-made.

Mentat
Premium
join:2001-02-25
Sugar Land, TX
reply to Archivis

I've been playing some more LoL when none of my friends are on HoN. Solo games are bringing me down too much.

I'm wilwh3aton in LoL, only level 7 but I've been playing DOTA for years, so add me if you want.
--
A silent weapon for a quiet war.