Pokes People With Stick
Premium
join:2003-07-13
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Gundy

Re: League of Legends

both Vlad and MF are very squishy, MF dies a lot quicker than vlad due to vlad stacking HP. in terms of damage i think vlad does the better job and survives a lot longer.

Fortune can really gank people with her speed as long as you can make them run from you.

Vlad can be fine on his own and isnt very team reliant, both shine in teamfights.

in terms of ranked games on higher elo, they start becomming more of a burst type champion, its very hard to get damage mitigation on both of them. one stun and 3 people to focus on you and problems arise.

I still prefer GP > MF
--
i need money

Gundy
Premium
join:2002-10-29
reply to Archivis
The free weekend champs came perfect timing, I ended up purchasing Vlad but really enjoy playing MF as well.

Swain in the right hands is a PITA.
--
| Im not really a ego maniac im just really good at what I do... |

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
Ive been doing really well with Morde. I got a quadrakill with him yesterday.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Archivis
Gotta say this game freakin' rocks. It's displaced all other games (including SC2) for me right now.

Getting the hang of the basic champs right now before I unlock any. Been having fun with Nunu today (went ~17-3 my first match) as a jungler... his mvmt/atk speed buff makes him awesome at hunting down wounded champs and finishing them off.

One thing I am not very clear on is equipment progression. Any suggestions?
--
All the wealthy, unhappy people you've ever met take sleeping pills; Mobile Infantrymen don't need them. Give a cap trooper a bunk and time to sack out in it, and he's as happy as a worm in an apple—asleep.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
That takes experience to get that down. Items change depending on the game you're in. In the 20's-30's brackets, people stack a ton of armor/resist.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
I suppose it's trial and error. I can't remember the combo I used with Nunu, beyond a basic hp/AP build. I played a 3v3 and at one point caught all enemy players with their CDs up and killed two of them and escaped from the third.

He's definitely a lot of fun as a tank who hits surprisingly hard and his movement speed and slows means wounded champs are unlikely to escape.
--
All the wealthy, unhappy people you've ever met take sleeping pills; Mobile Infantrymen don't need them. Give a cap trooper a bunk and time to sack out in it, and he's as happy as a worm in an apple—asleep.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
Nunu is pretty much an anything character. Nunu could go attack damage, could go ability power or could go tank. Hell, your ult does massive damage without a drop of ability power. Also, it slows the shit out of everyone.

Nunu tank is badass. If you continue to play Nunu, you should base your items on how the game is going. Each team should have 1 tank. If you don't have one, take that role. If your team has no casters, take the caster role.

FYI, as a caster going for pure AP and being squishy, you get the Magic Pen Boots, Zhonya's and 4x Archangel Staves (not in that order).
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

1 edit
AD buffs his auto-attack, right? His ice lance is on such a short cooldown that it's easy to just lance them and keep up and beat the shit out of them.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
Yeah, so you turn him into a melee beast and you use your ice lance as a slower, rather than as a damage attack.

Get a Phage (upgraded to Trinity Force or Frost Hammer), it's like a rogue slow-poison to keep them perma slowed.
--

a2nxtcrav3r
Pokes People With Stick
Premium
San Jose, CA
reply to Archivis
most nunu's rush defensive items until level 11 then go offensive, his ult still does a ton of damage and he has great harrassment and survival skills.
--
i need money

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
Interesting, do they just tank and harass as def?

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
They're meat-shields. They get in the faces of players during team fights and force the other team to engage, and then utterly lock them down while the rest of your team annihilates them.

Nunu pegs a team mate, charges in, their team charges you, you ult, their team gets the fuck out in slow motion while your team wrecks them. Because you have like 3-4k HP and 200-300 armor and magic resist, they never kill you.
--

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
Just got enough points to unlock TF.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
He's not for everyone but he is my personal favorite. He can do damage or caster or hybrid. I prefer damage, but it makes his Q worthless.
--

Sprakk

join:2009-10-01
reply to Krisnatharok
Nunu's a decent champ - good for jungling (one of the fastest to jungle, and good for ganking).

If you find yourself in a heavy AD team, you'll want to max your bloodboil first, 65% ASPD increase + 15% MS increase on a kogmaw is pure rape.

Instead of Trinity Force, I would recommend Lichbane, the +8% MS and 80AP work really well with him, especially considering Ice Lance has a 1:1 AP conversion rate. You'll almost always want to get a Banshee's with Nunu, unless the other team has no interrupts/stuns/silences. His ult deals great damage, but is very easy to avoid when the other team has flash/ghost etc.

Make sure to place your ult in bushes, even if an enemy champ walks right next to you, as long as you are in the bushes and he is not, he won't even see the Absolute Zero go off until his HP drops.

When jungling, I usually take smite and fortify, although you can pick and choose anything to replace fortify.

I usually start with a Ruby Crystal for the +180 HP, taking down golem at level 1 is easy with Nunu and once you start going through the rounds (assuming no enemy jungler) you should hit level 6 around about the same time as your solo lane. Now's a good time to start ganking.

Communication with your teammates is key, and getting them to bait into your ult will almost undoubtedly net you a kill. I almost always pick up Merc treads. It's good for chasing, reducing snare/stuns.

Once I complete Mercs, I go for my Banshees, depending on the team and if I'm required to go tank, I'll usually get either Force of Nature or Randuins. Extra slows never hurt anyone, plus the Heart of Gold that builds into Randuins boosts your income a little as well.

Come the end of the game, if it's dragged out quite a bit, you probably won't deal as much damage as most of the other carries in the game, but you'll be able to boost their damage output so much with Blood Boil that they'll love you for it.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
I just blade in a match where Tryndamere went with 3 Bloodthirsters, 2 Phantom Dancers and an Infinity Edge.

No boots. hah. I think he had 29 kills.
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
Also, in that game, we had 2 of our inhibitors destroyed and not a single tower of theirs destroyed.

We came back with a win.
--

a2nxtcrav3r
Pokes People With Stick
Premium
San Jose, CA
trynd is getting a buff too,

»shureria.blogspot.com/

october patch seems fun
--
i need money

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
Click for full size
I went with a new test build for TF and tried it today.

I went 8-0-1. Game ended in 16 minutes. The entire team ragequitted.
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
Click for full size
TF is beast.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

1 recommendation

Click for full size
lololololol

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
Click for full size
Check out this pwnage as AP TF. Basically you just spam wild card and go for AP/CD reduction.

We still lost. I was porting around killing literally everyone I ran into and still couldn't carry my entire team of useless idiots.
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
AP TF is fun. FYI, Sheen/Lich Bane do not stack with each other. You only got away with it because the only tank on their team stacked two thornmails (+100 armor each). Nobody else had a single defensive item.
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to Krisnatharok
AP TF is great for porting into the bushes near a tower, tossing a 600 damage card at a dude who is recalling with 1 bar and sniping a kill.
--

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Archivis
Lol, woops, thanks for pointing that out.

Sprakk

join:2009-10-01
reply to Krisnatharok
Haha, those crazy builds.

Panth with 2 thornmails?
An Amumu with a crit cape?
Zilean with Malady and Zeal...?
Sivir with Gunblade...

What the hell... THe only decent itemed champ on their team is Tristana haha. Well I guess Sivir is okay, minus the Gunblade, I mean it's not really needed with "On the Hunt".

Ah, I miss low summoner level games, where you could walk around and stomp anyone, as long as you had some experience.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
Yep, ignorance is bliss.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
Another thing I wanted to point out, Kris.

The matchmaking system supposedly puts you with people *around* your level. So, at level 5, you shouldn't be going up against level 30's. That is, unless you're pre-forming. I'm 29 and Antonica is like 21-22 and she's stuck playing against 30's because I'm up higher.

But since you and I have been talking, I think you have an edge over the other players, who are also noobs. One thing I noticed is that as I progressed in levels, players were increasingly more difficult to handle. They didn't have static item sets. They tailored the items based upon the opponents, so you'd see people stacking magic resist against you.

I found that with all characters, if players stack armor, you can still slice through it. If people stack magic resist, you're pretty much fucked. I can still slice through a high-armor tank. A caster is pretty much screwed if they go up against a high magic resist player. Most casters are wrapped around having a series of spells to cast and then are forced to wait for cooldowns again. During the cooldown period, they're extremely vulnerable.

With attack damage, you're amplifying your auto attacks and your abilities are in addition to your flat damage attacks. The damage can constantly flow. This is why I eventually started losing with AP TF and even Hybrid TF and I went with AD TF in the end. If the whole team starts stacking armor, I get Last Whisper and it's a non issue.

Lastly, if you ever get to a point where you have more gold than you can spend, sell your boots. I usually have 2 Phantom Dancers with +15% move speed each. I can still keep up with people and end-game is usually team-fights with little chasing. Exhaust, port-n-gank and gold card ensure big hits with minimal issues. Sell the boots, pick up a big item (like another bloodthirster) and go to town.

Don't forget the consumeables as well. The three potions all help TF significantly. If your inventory is full, they'll automatically be consumed. You'll start doing triple/quad/penta-kills with TF if you make it that far. I was three-shotting non-tanks and I was lifestealing so much, that even at half health, I was gaining more than they could take from me, so I could chain from player to player.
--

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
Yeah, I can see how an AB TF starts to lose his edge against better opponents. He is n00b friendly, however, as no one can touch him as he throws out wild cards to a ridiculous range. Auto attacking means you're in range as well, and I have yet to figure out survivability for him. If he's targeted, he drops pretty fast.
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
There is no survivability with TF. Your job is to gank gank gank. Your survivability is in your positioning. Port into some bushes. You can queue up a card while in the middle of porting. Lock it in before or as you land and get to chasing. When you have phantoms/boots, you're the fastest character on the map 99% of the time.

If I try to engage in team-fights most of the game, I get wrecked. With Ability Power, you should be behind everyone, inching forward only to toss cards and then falling back again. The idea in team-fights is to bait your opponents, whittle them down, find a weak spot and then ace them.

When I play TF, I avoid the team-fights entirely unless we need to defend. I farm my brains out. I frequently have double the amount of minion kills of the second place player on the map. By the end, I usually triple them.

The money advantage means that your opponents are trivialized... even the tanks. That's how you survive as TF. Port when someone is alone/low on HP, or when you feel you can get away with a clean kill. Otherwise, farm. Never stand still. Never 'watch'. Never participate in offensive team-fights. You can, however, participate in pushes, if a team is aced, or down several members, or you can clear a tower or two.

Another great thing about TF is that if they're pushing bottom with 5 players and you have a strong minion lane up top, port up top, push a tower and then GTFO. TF is great for ninja'ing towers and inhibitors, even when the opposite team controls the map.

I once went on a slow and painful suicide mission to solo a tower. I had most of my items. I could kill a tower before it killed me. I ported right in, killed the tower, died (or got ganked), waited for the cooldown and did the next. I got two inhibs that way and we were able to push back and win.
--