PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus

Re: League of Legends

At what point should I start looking at runes? It appears they only can be had through the store?

But the bonuses look like crap-- 0.33% more AP?

Getting them right now seems to be like enchanting your WoW gear while you're still leveling...

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Level 20.

There are three tiers of runes. Tier1/2/3. Tier 1 is 1-9. Tier 2 is 10-19. Tier 3 is 20+. Points are not cheap to get. You will spend 10k+ decking out a rune page. That's if you choose the right runes. Plus, runes can follow a handful of characters, but you eventually need to tailor them to a specific character in the more competitive brackets, and you'll need more rune pages.

You purchase all that stuff from the store. You can buy them with Riot points ($$$) or you can use your game-eanred points. Influence Points can buy everything in the game, so you never have to drop a dime. The only thing you have to pay for that you can't use IP for are skins.
natasha9211
join:2010-10-14

natasha9211 to Exodus

to Exodus
same here m8

Ryan
Premium Member
join:2001-03-03
Boston, MA

Ryan to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
Hmm I dont understand how this game is played.Tried to find some videos on youtube, but none really explain the actual gameplay. Guess I will add it to the list and give it a try at some point. The pricetag isnt bad thats for sure...
Sprakk
join:2009-10-01

1 recommendation

Sprakk

The game is free, but you can buy the starter bundle which includes a bunch of characters (only a few are playable at the start - these change on rotation each week), IP (to unlock things with) and runes (used to improve your stats).

The game is very similar to DOTA and HON. There are two teams in each match.

The goal is to destroy the enemy team's Nexus (in their base). Each team has 5 players (Summoner's Rift) or 3 players (Twisted Treeline).

There are three lanes which are lined with towers for defense and are constantly spawning minions which help to push lanes.

In between the lanes there are jungle areas, that house neutral minions.

You start out at level 1 at the beginning of each match. You gain experience by killing minions, towers and of course, enemy players. You also gain money from killing any of these things, but you also gain money at a slow rate just by being in game.

With your earnt money you can buy items to improve your champion (the character that you control). Items are a crucial part to defeating your enemies and winning the match.

Once you have pushed to your enemy's Nexus and destroy it, you have won the match. Wash your hands and start again.

In League of Legends there are different types of champions.
Spell Casters - Rely heavily on their abilty to cast spells and will buy items that stack with AP (Ability Power)
Attack Damage Champions - Rely on auto-attacks or physical damage scaling skills. Their damage can be increased by buying items that increase your AD (Attack Damage)
Support - Their main role is to support teammates through heals, buffs etc. They can buy items to increase their skills' potential or buy items to reduce the cooldown on their skills so that they can use it more often
Tanks - Their main role is to take the majority of the damage from the opposing team. As a tank you will initiate most fights and protect everyone else on your team

There are also hybrid champions like Tanky-DPS or Attack damage/Spell casters.

Give it a go, it's really enjoyable and very quick to learn.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
So the heroes all changed last night and I got sniper by a tower more than once by the robot who death-gripped me to his tower.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Blitzcrank is funny like that. At least now you get to feel/see a new set of heroes and what they do.

I saw a Blitzcrank/Ryze combo that was devastating. Don't get near a tower, or Blitz will pull you in, stun you, then Ryze will follow up with a stun, and drop a shitload of spell damage on you. Nevermind the tower beating away on you the entire time.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Yeah, at low levels its almost guaranteed a free kill for him, since summoners tend to stick around for extra gold/xp at low health.

I got a chance to play the fizzcrank dude... is he just purely support with his turrets? Seemed kind of lackluster.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Heimerdinger? I've seen offensive heimers do amazingly well. When a turret is dropped, their attack speed is increased significantly for the first few seconds. Bait someone into bushes with them, etc. Plus, his abilities hit hard.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

2 edits

Krisnatharok to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
Click for full size
Back to figuring out AD TF. I went Doran's Blade + HP, Doran's Blade, shoes, then 4 bloodthirsters. I snuck a speed bow in after the first bloodthirster. It was insane even with two, I always got the lifesteal item when building the next, so I could always outheal any enemy damage short of a nuke or triple team.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

haha four thirsters.

IMO, go with 3 thirsters, 2 phantoms and 1 infinity edge. You don't even need boots then.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Just went 4/4 as AD TF. I like.

Ryan
Premium Member
join:2001-03-03
Boston, MA

Ryan to Sprakk

Premium Member

to Sprakk
said by Sprakk:

The game is free, but you can buy the starter bundle which includes a bunch of characters (only a few are playable at the start - these change on rotation each week), IP (to unlock things with) and runes (used to improve your stats).

The game is very similar to DOTA and HON. There are two teams in each match.

The goal is to destroy the enemy team's Nexus (in their base). Each team has 5 players (Summoner's Rift) or 3 players (Twisted Treeline).

There are three lanes which are lined with towers for defense and are constantly spawning minions which help to push lanes.

In between the lanes there are jungle areas, that house neutral minions.

You start out at level 1 at the beginning of each match. You gain experience by killing minions, towers and of course, enemy players. You also gain money from killing any of these things, but you also gain money at a slow rate just by being in game.

With your earnt money you can buy items to improve your champion (the character that you control). Items are a crucial part to defeating your enemies and winning the match.

Once you have pushed to your enemy's Nexus and destroy it, you have won the match. Wash your hands and start again.

In League of Legends there are different types of champions.
Spell Casters - Rely heavily on their abilty to cast spells and will buy items that stack with AP (Ability Power)
Attack Damage Champions - Rely on auto-attacks or physical damage scaling skills. Their damage can be increased by buying items that increase your AD (Attack Damage)
Support - Their main role is to support teammates through heals, buffs etc. They can buy items to increase their skills' potential or buy items to reduce the cooldown on their skills so that they can use it more often
Tanks - Their main role is to take the majority of the damage from the opposing team. As a tank you will initiate most fights and protect everyone else on your team

There are also hybrid champions like Tanky-DPS or Attack damage/Spell casters.

Give it a go, it's really enjoyable and very quick to learn.
Thanks sounds interesting!! Never played DOTA or HON so this genre is kind of new to me..

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
Had my first loss with TF in a while. I got greedy and that tumbled forward towards a bad game the rest of the game.

The new map looks awesome, especially now that I can put it on maximum graphics.
Exodus

Exodus

Premium Member

Just went my first game with Garen. I had 5.4k HP. Unkillable. Most amount of kills too.

HydroponiK
nom nom nom
Premium Member
join:2001-08-03
New Jersey

HydroponiK to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
I just started playing this game about a month ago and it's pretty addicting.

Looking for people to do ATs with, so if anyone's interested, add me (duroz).

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
Having a blast with Master Yi. AP is cheese and great for finishing off enemies in team fights (got a double kill and assists on two others in short order last night) but AD is where it's at. He plays like a knife through warm butter.

My core build is:
1) +1 boots, 2 hp pots, 1 mana pot to AS Boots
2) Stark's Fervor
3) Zeal to Phantom Dancer
4) Infinity Edge

Not really decided on the last two items. Most games don't make it this far, but if they do, I usually pick up Last Whisper and and a Bloodthirster. I think I have had one game last this long.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Madred's Bloodrazor until you hit attack speed cap. Also, something to slow your targets and maybe buff you a bit, like a frozen hammer.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Would you get the Bloodrazor prior to completing the four items in the core build? I don't have great survivability, so maybe grabbing the hammer after my third or fourth item might help with that.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

The hammer ensures that when you hit someone, they aren't running away. The phantom dancer makes that happen even more.

Bloodrazor is an anti-tank item.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

True. What do you think of Malady?

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

It's changed from lifesteal to ability power, so probably not. I may consider it now in a TF hybrid build I may try again.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Ah, my droid app is out of date, then.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Did you try heal-tanking with AP yi?

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

You mean the cheese build? I went 7-1 as AP, but it's too situational for my liking. You basically try to snipe an enemy, then run away for 10 seconds for your CD to be up and try again. If you get lucky and kill someone, it's easy to repeat, but very hit and miss.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

yeah, that's it.

The idea is that once you're up high enough, you can start ulting and slicing and the cooldowns refresh so you can teamkill.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

It's pretty sick for harass late-game, as summoners tend to stand on top of each other, meaning you are guaranteed to hit every opposing summoner.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Have you tried 5-6x tiamats on anyone yet?

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Lol, I take it the splash scales?

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

50% per tiamat. With 6, that means you can do regular damage to your main target, and 300% to everyone around it. It has a small radius, but it is hilarious to use on a cluster of people hiding in bushes.

Tristana is the best candidate and she's free this week. Long range, attack speed cooldowns, can escape/blow people away from her.