spc
Search similar:

uniqs

ByronT
@as9105.com

ByronT

Anon

Belkin f5d9630-4 DSL connection prob

Hello there, I have posted this problem to Hardware Analysis.com and also contacted both Tiscali and Belkin tech support... no joy. So now here

I have a Belkin f5d9630-4 ADSL2+ Modem router which I am attempting to connect to a BT phone line and an active Tiscali 8mb broadband account.

Right. Firstly, the power, ethernet and wireless lights all come on, but the DSL light just blinks and never connects to it. I've tested the line and swapped filters, no problems there, the modem/router just can't seem to see the line!

I have also noticed that the DSL socket on the back of the unit is an RJ45, however the RJ11 cable I use fits in and clicks into place. I have heard of dual sockets like this (that fits an RJ45 and an RJ11) but I'm still thinking this may be an issue.

Has anyone else had this problem or can theorise why I might be having this problem? Am I missing something obvious...?

Any help very gratefully received!

Byron T.
iowaboy
Premium Member
join:2004-02-28
Fairfield, IA

iowaboy

Premium Member

well I am no pro at this problem but the thing I got was that you have a rj11 (phone connector) plugged into a rj45 connection. My guess is that the cable is not making connection with the modem using a rj11 in a rj45 socket. Have a new cable made that with connect from the rj11 wall connection to your rj45 socket on the modem and I bet your troubles will be over. I believe most landline companies may have the right cable or check with a isp to see if they have one.

ByronT
@as9105.com

ByronT

Anon

Yep that's about the size of it, I've got a RJ11 cable and for some reason I cannot work out, the Belkin has an RJ45 socket!

I'll have a look for a cable with RJ11 at one end and an RJ45 at t'other, see if that works! :s