share rss forum feed

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2
reply to sonicmerlin

Re: Really Mr. Moffett?

I disagree. Wireless is growing and has been for a few years. iPhones sell like hotcakes and other smartphone usage (and the extra revenue) has grown exponentially in the last year or two with no signs of slowing for the next couple of years. Once LTE is deployed, who cares about minutes and SMS...the carriers will be metering your bits, not the minutes.

Stemming churn is not growth. Just because VZ isn't losing as many customers, doesn't mean the investment in FiOS is generating revenue at the expected rate.

JRW2
R.I.P. Mom, Brian, Ziggy, Max and Zen.
Premium
join:2004-12-20
La La Land
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by openbox9:

....doesn't mean the investment in FiOS is generating revenue at the expected rate.
All companies are TOO short sighted and have unrealistic expectations when it comes "expected revenues"...

If it doesn't make A LOT of money VERY fast, it is a failure, even though it may have very good revenues.
--
RIAA/MPAA... Bite me!!!!
In constant search for intelligent life on Earth!

openbox9
Premium
Germany
You're right. How dare companies try to make money.

JRW2
R.I.P. Mom, Brian, Ziggy, Max and Zen.
Premium
join:2004-12-20
La La Land
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by openbox9:

You're right. How dare companies try to make money.
Don't twist what I said...
I said they all seem to have HIGH expectations on revenues, if they don't hit those numbers, they consider it a loss, even though they ARE making a profit, and in many cases a good one, just not what they HOPED FOR...

As an example..
A company I worked for EXPECTED to make 15 million dollars PROFIT one quarter, when they only made twelve million, they considered it a three million dollar LOSS.
--
RIAA/MPAA... Bite me!!!!
In constant search for intelligent life on Earth!

openbox9
Premium
Germany
You're right. I should've wrote, "How dare companies try to make their revenue targets."

Considered it a $3M loss for what purpose? Internal management's loss? Missed earnings so the company's stock was hammered?