newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium Member
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD

newview

Premium Member

So now it's two rate hikes a year?

I am soooo glad I left Comcast and went to DirecTV back in 2003 . . . better service, more HD channels, cheaper prices, a LOT better tech support and no lying through their teeth like Comcast does.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

Re: So now it's two rate hikes a year?

lower prices? thats because they our source their call centers to everyone they can. they don't also have local employees and a network plant that spreads the entire country to build and maintain every day. Comcast has to. DirecTV is lucky if they have 3 national headends and that's it. Everything else is in the air and they only launch a new bird when they add more compressed HD services. Then claim they have the largest HD selection ever!

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium Member
Parsonsburg, MD

newview

Premium Member

said by hottboiinnc4:

lower prices? thats because they our source their call centers to everyone they can. they don't also have local employees and a network plant that spreads the entire country to build and maintain every day. Comcast has to. DirecTV is lucky if they have 3 national headends and that's it. Everything else is in the air and they only launch a new bird when they add more compressed HD services. Then claim they have the largest HD selection ever!
Hell yes, lower prices. I've done the math . . . I get a MUCH better deal with DirecTV than I ever could with Comcast. I've dealt with Comcast for over 35 years. I'd rather deal with the Department of Motor Vehicles, the Internal Revenue Service or get a root canal than call them on the phone with a problem, which they always attempt to imply that is MY problem.

I really don't care about Comcast's methods of administering their outmoded network . . . what I care about is having the phone answered in a reasonable amount of time, who also has a clue about what I'm talking about, and who can solve my issue without being rude, condescending and not in a damn hurry to get me off the phone.

Comcast fails on all these counts . . . consistently. DirecTV, on the other hand, goes out of their way to solve any issues I may have, also consistently.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

see you fail to see the point. You'd rather shop at walmart then a local mom and pop store right? You shop based upon price not where they get the product or send their jobs. No wonder why this country is going down hill and so many people are laid off.

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium Member
Parsonsburg, MD

newview

Premium Member

said by hottboiinnc4:

see you fail to see the point. You'd rather shop at walmart then a local mom and pop store right?
You're equating Comcast with a mom & pop? On what planet? Comcast is a huge, faceless, uncaring mega-corporation who only cares about one thing . . . gouging their subscribers with higher and higher prices year after year after year . . . and now twice a year.

If anything, DirecTV is the mom & pop . . . the "David" to Comcast being the "Goliath", and I cannot wait to see the slaying of the giant.
said by hottboiinnc4:

You shop based upon price not where they get the product or send their jobs. No wonder why this country is going down hill and so many people are laid off.
Even if DirecTV was a higher price, I'd give my business to them. Comcast routinely drives competition from the marketplace with their predatory pricing, with immediate price increases as soon as the competition leaves. I have elected to give my business to the underdog. And if I had a another choice for broadband, I'd leave Comcast for that also.

When a corporation the size and arrogance of Comcast finally has competition that they cannot run out of town, or lobbying Washington to get what they want, after years of monopolistic practices, they reap what they sow.
Joe12345678
join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678 to hottboiinnc4

to hottboiinnc4
said by hottboiinnc4:

Directv has mpeg4 and that lets them fit alot more HD in the same room that mpeg2 takes up at a better PQ.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to newview

Premium Member

to newview
DirecTV doesn't lie? That's news to me. That shitstain of a company is full of liars! When I left back in 2006 I got a 'please come back to us' call and why I explained the many many reasons why I left their vastly inferior service for my vastly superior cable service from Time Warner and on each point I got a lie from them. First they said they offered my locals in HD, when I proved them wrong they said I could get distant networks in HD, which I know I don't qualify for, then they told me they had iNHD and iNHD 2, they told me that they would give me a whole $200 discount on the HDTiVo (it would only cost me $800 as opposed to $1K) and they said it would be good for years. Yeah right, everyone knew MPEG 4 and the new DirecTV branded DVRs were only months away.

If you want more proof of those lying sacks of shit look more further then their marketing. Most sleazy in the industry. DirecTV is a subpar company who has spent a good portion of their existence trying to get out of the red and is desperate for new subscribers and keeping unsatisfied subscribers so they have to resort to lying. DirecTV sucks, had their service for 2 years and have been enjoying my awesome cable service ever since. Nice to see DirecTV is finally catching up to the rest of the world when it comes to HD channels. I've only had Travel Channel HD for over 2 years now and ESPN U HD a few weeks after in launched.