uniqs

BigReds42
Premium Member
join:2004-07-14
Bellaire, OH

BigReds42

Premium Member

[DVR] Series Recording not recording at all

I just thought since all the new episodes of shows I watch were over that I wouldn't be getting any more episodes.

However, I remembered that my DVR is set up to record PTI and Around the Horn on ESPN and it has not recorded in about 3 or 4 weeks.

I didn't have time to watch them anyway so I never looked for them... until now

The only way I can record is doing a manual record from the Guide.

When I go into DVR History, it is telling me that a program didn't record because it was cancelled by the user.

Now I know I cancelled a couple of episodes on week, but never took it out of the series recording.

So now it is recording nothing.

Should I just delete my series list and start again... or can you think of anything else?

Any ideas on what I need to do? Clear out the series recording and start from scratch?
The Q
join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA

The Q

Try to delete the series recording

Here are the steps:

Push the My DVR button on the remote control, select Scheduled Recordings, locate the series you are having issues with. Press OK, select the red dot and then select "Don't Record"

Then go to your DVR History.

Here are the steps:

Push the My DVR button on the remote control, select Manage My DVR, select DVR History, then delete all instances of the series from your DVR History.

Then set up the series recording again. That should work

I have heard here there is a known issue with some series that have "generic data" -- and if you cancel one of those shows in the series it will cancel the entire series.

Generic data example:

"Local news, weather and sports". or "A dating series in which parents select dates for their kids"

And that generic description appears for every program in a series.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to BigReds42

to BigReds42
i noticed my local 11pm news won't record as a series. Tried deleting it and redoing it and it keeps saying cancelled by user as well. Didn't happen until the last update was pushed.
The Q
join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA

1 recommendation

The Q

......Push the My DVR button on the remote control, select Manage My DVR, select DVR History, then delete all instances of the series from your DVR History.
blust2
join:2009-07-31
Pittsburgh, PA

blust2 to BigReds42

to BigReds42
My guess is that you use a splitter to split the signal and your cable box is behind the splitter which blocks the return path.