spc
Search similar:

uniqs
wispalord
join:2007-09-20
Farmington, MO

wispalord

I think your all missing the point...

It's numbers if they merge they can add there subscibers numbers together making them seem larger than they are and gain more on a large competing scale.
jfmezei
Premium Member
join:2007-01-03
Pointe-Claire, QC

jfmezei

Premium Member

Re: I think your all missing the point...

In any merger, there should be a CLEAR plan to unify the platforms into a single one. AKA, move CDMA, HSPA and iDEN to LTE.

If they don't have such a clear plan, then Sprint merger with anyone will fail.

Sprint is tainted goods, but it has lots of spectrum as an asset.
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080

Re: I think your all missing the point...

said by jfmezei:

In any merger, there should be a CLEAR plan to unify the platforms into a single one. AKA, move CDMA, HSPA and iDEN to LTE.

said by jfmezei:

I agree, all technologies should work over one modulation-- such as LTE... even PUSH TO TALK walkie-talkie! A phase-out & equipment buyout would need to happen in short order! This would cost the company *BILLIONS* upfront, but they would have a more compelling streamlined delivery platform. A really telling thing is, neither company has enough cash in the bank to make this happen... and there aren't any stupid financing partners such as VODAFONE out there.. This is the only kind of path that would make sense (to me). Then one hell of a good lie can be cooked up that savings (from increased competition) would then be passed on to consumers similar to the one Verizon did with FIOS. The reality was that a 1-2 year pause in huge rate increases happened in the 2003-2005 years and then hikes just about every year since.

Still think that the merger would never happen, as the BAR used to be (before the era of unmasked corporate greed took over)-- what was in it for the CONSUMER-- in common sense plain language.

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol to wispalord

Premium Member

to wispalord
said by wispalord:

It's numbers if they merge they can add there subscibers numbers together making them seem larger than they are and gain more on a large competing scale.
Yeah, they still might not beat Verizon but they'll be up there.