how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

odddon
but it's a dry heat

join:2009-06-19
Ridgecrest, CA

How long does line quality test usually take?

I'm not really in a hurry, and I'm not impatient, but just curious. The line quality test has been running for 57 minutes now. Is this normal or expected? Should I delete and start over, as one poster mentioned doing? Or should I just go jump in my pool for a while and check back later (it's 104 outside, I just may do that either way:)? Thanx,

odddon

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5

1 edit
Is it running or re you in line?

The test is now queued.
It may take 5-20 minutes to complete.
you will get a site message when it is done. Results also appear in your Test History page.
--
"You can observe a lot by watching". Yogi Berra

odddon
but it's a dry heat

Ridgecrest, CA
From Test History page:

15-07-2010 04:40 PM Line quality In progress.. (you will receive a site message when the test is complete)

Irish Shark
Premium,MVM
Las Vegas, NV
reply to odddon
Ridgecrest .... I was born on the Navy base. Back then it was called NOTS. We lived there for about 17 years.

If it doesn't start up real soon, kill it and try again. Make sure you're pingable.
--

odddon
but it's a dry heat

Ridgecrest, CA
Heh, you were smart - born here and moved away! I moved here from San Diego 2 years ago. Go figure.....

It's NAWS now, but as I was googling NOTS the test finally finished. Now to decipher what the results mean. Thanx for your replies.

Irish Shark
Premium,MVM
Las Vegas, NV
NOTS = Naval Ordnance Test Station.

I worked for Navy and Air Force for 30 years, and I have seen how the base has changed over time.

BRAC = Defense Base Closure and Realignment caused the merger of China Lake and PT. Mugu. The in fighting started as who is the top dog in this merger. What settled it was that the Admiral's flag was going fly at NAWS. That was the beginning of the end for PT. Mugu.
--