spc
uniqs

ElminsterOld
join:2009-03-04

2 edits

ElminsterOld to Hazy Arc

to Hazy Arc

Re: Destroying Underground Yellow Jacket Nest

You can always go out with a can of WD40 and a lighter as well. That will provide protection for anything outside the hole. That's how I handle wasp and bee nests that are attached to my house.

"Nests should be located during the day, so you can see the workers entering and exiting all day. Mark the entry points. Treat at night only when it is dark.

Any treatments should be done at night, because they are all in the nest. They don't see well at night and your chances of being stung are greatly reduced."

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine

said by ElminsterOld:

You can always go out with a can of WD40 and a lighter as well. That will provide protection for anything outside the hole. That's how I handle wasp and bee nests that are attached to my house.
I had a nest of them in my bbq grill. Every time I lit the grill, destroyed the nest, they'd come back the next day. So what I did was I took a can of cooking spray and a lighter. Basically a flame thrower. First set of flames cooked them all and they never came back. The grill was thoroughly cleaned afterwards.