spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dongle3g
join:2010-07-16
Boca Raton, FL

dongle3g

Replacing Smartview with Watcher

I'm looking to replace Sprint Smartview with Sierra Wireless Watcher on the Sierra 598U modems. Contact me if you have the program that makes this possible.
DS1192
La Crosse, WI

DS1192

I have the link to the program, once installed make sure your modem is plugged in, then go into Watcher-click the menu drop down box-then click options-then click network-it should be on automatic, change the setting to evdo only mode, your modem should restart and it will only see the evdo signal. Also you can leave Smartview and Watcher on the computer at the same time, just make sure they both are not running at the same time.

»www.mediafire.com/file/t ··· 2156.exe
Jim_in_VA (banned)
join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

works on a 597 ..not sure with a 598
DS1192
La Crosse, WI

DS1192

I have the 598 and it works as well, but I could not find Watcher until I got the link from you Jim, Thanks for your help.
cartalejo
join:2007-09-12
Kent, WA

cartalejo

The watcher program can be obtained from the Sierra Wireless Web site.
»www.sierrawireless.com/e ··· 598.aspx

It does work with the the 598U without a problem. To get this application, I first used TRU nstall to load the SmartView application. Once loaded I had internet access to be able to download the watcher application. I then removed SmartView and installed Watcher so there would be no conflict. Works like a champ

caribconsult
Premium Member
join:2003-03-19
Mayaguez, PR
·DM Wireless

caribconsult to dongle3g

Premium Member

to dongle3g
If you setup your 598 for NDIS service (contact Jim_in_VA for exactly how to do this) then you won't need Smartview at all, unless you want to change your HA or do some antenna pointing. With NDIS, all you have to do is plug in the device and wait a few seconds until you get two blue lights and you're good to go.