spc
Search similar:

uniqs

CPUYODA
join:2003-01-25
Johnson City, TN

CPUYODA

OMG

Him trying to toss it off on competitors is just sad.
Expand your moderator at work
caco
Premium Member
join:2005-03-10
Whittier, AK

1 recommendation

caco

Premium Member

Re: OMG

C'mon don't tell me you believed Job's bs. The are a lot of Droids and Blackberry in the wild and you would have heard tons of reports if that was a widespread issue.

Z80A
Premium Member
join:2009-11-23

1 recommendation

Z80A

Premium Member

It's because no one gives a shit about BB or Droids. The reception problems of other handsets were demonstrated...and you can see them on you tube.

And go into the BB and Android forums...you will find plenty of complaints about all sorts of issues. But what we have here are people who don't even own the handset, complaining about the handset's performance. They simply don't know what they're talking about. They take an article, claim it affects everyone and run with it.

And yeah, what Jobs says reflects my experience in actually OWNING this handset. Yeah, if I'm in a weak signal area, I lose bars. So what. It doesn't drop calls. And other handsets have similar attenuation problems as we have seen posted numerous times.

If other actual iPhone 4 OWNERS want to step up with their experiences or problems, awesome. Let's hear from the owners.

What we have is a bunch of Apple haters and/or Android fanboys talking shit about a subject they know ZERO about. That's fine but they're still full of shit.

DeeC
Premium Member
join:2000-09-01
the world

DeeC

Premium Member

Z80A,

You are correct, and I have a BB Storm with Verizon and have those issues. I just know that ALL cellphones will drop calls at times and signal strength will show different depending upon how you position the phone .. that's common sense......

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

1 recommendation

Karl Bode to Z80A

News Guy

to Z80A
If other actual iPhone 4 OWNERS want to step up with their experiences or problems, awesome. Let's hear from the owners.

What we have is a bunch of Apple haters and/or Android fanboys talking shit about a subject they know ZERO about.
Hmmm. Mine drops from three or four bars to zero simply by being held. That's nice it's not happening to you, though. I think you can stop flaming people who are criticizing the company for what's clearly a real problem (it's just not noticeable in markets with full and decent signal).

Z80A
Premium Member

1 edit

Z80A

Premium Member

It's not happening for MILLIONS of users. And calling the explaination high end bullshit when you say
said by Karl Bode :
(it's just not noticeable in markets with full and decent signal).
is bullshit. That is what Jobs said. Then he demonstrated similar attenuation issues with a few other popular handsets. And you can go on Youtube and see even more. Then he offered those users a solution if they wanted to still keep the handset...a free case. If that isn't acceptable, return the stupid phone.

You, like those in the real media, have blown this WAY out of proportion.

DeeC
Premium Member
the world

DeeC

Premium Member

said by Z80A:

It's not happening for MILLIONS of users. And calling the explaination high end bullshit when you say
said by Karl Bode :
(it's just not noticeable in markets with full and decent signal).
Yeah, no shit. That is what Jobs said. Then he demonstrated similar attenuation issues with a few other popular handsets. And you can go on Youtube and see even more. Then he offered those users a solution if they wanted to still keep the handset...a free case. If that isn't acceptable, return the stupid phone.

You, like those in the real media, have blown this WAY out of proportion.
Its easier to HATE and blog hate against Apple and their products, then to accept it is an issue across a small %, and NOT a new issue. I've had several brands of phones across three different carriers. They all do this....
Expand your moderator at work

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx to Z80A

Premium Member

to Z80A

Re: OMG

We post plenty. I've been saying all along that my iPhone 4 works great. Because I don't feed into all the drama, I am labelled an idiot, a Jobs worshipper and all sorts of childish stuff.

People have been whining for weeks about apple needing to offer free bumpers. Of course, now that they are, that's just not good enough. Yes, the phone isn't perfect. I had no itention of using my $600+ device without something protecting the edges from the inevitable scuffs and scratches anyway.

DeeC
Premium Member
the world

DeeC

Premium Member

said by djrobx:

We post plenty. I've been saying all along that my iPhone 4 works great. Because I don't feed into all the drama, I am labelled an idiot, a Jobs worshipper and all sorts of childish stuff.

People have been whining for weeks about apple needing to offer free bumpers. Of course, now that they are, that's just not good enough. Yes, the phone isn't perfect. I had no itention of using my $600+ device without something protecting the edges from the inevitable scuffs and scratches anyway.
If you don't have issues, you are a fanboi, Jobber, or something worse......

And I posed the same question ... who owns a $300 or higher phone and doesn't put a case/sleeve/cover around it? Oh, the 0.55% who complained about the issue... I get it

Z80A
Premium Member

1 recommendation

Z80A to djrobx

Premium Member

to djrobx
No problems = Apple Fanboy.

NYR 56
Premium Member
join:2000-12-05
Smithtown, NY

NYR 56 to DeeC

Premium Member

to DeeC
said by DeeC:

said by djrobx:

If you don't have issues, you are a fanboi, Jobber, or something worse......

And I posed the same question ... who owns a $300 or higher phone and doesn't put a case/sleeve/cover around it? Oh, the 0.55% who complained about the issue... I get it
I don't, and haven't for years. The whole point of these cell phones is to be small, why would I want some ugly, bulky case on it? Unlike the iPhone, all of my WM phones have been dropped constantly and never break whatsoever. I can't even count how many iPhones I've seen just among my friends with shattered screens. A clear, thin screen protector is all I use, and all I need to use with my phones.

I don't know why you think this isn't a big issue. That's great you don't have it, but many are. The fact of the matter is that it was simply poor engineering, and there is no real reason for the problem to exist in the first place. People are pissed because Jobs tries blaming everyone else as if it was their fault Apple made a significant design flaw.

But none of that matters. So many people have blind love for the iPhone it's sickening. How dare users complain when their PHONE can't make a PHONE CALL.

DeeC
Premium Member
the world

DeeC

Premium Member

said by NYR 56:

I don't, and haven't for years. The whole point of these cell phones is to be small, why would I want some ugly, bulky case on it? Unlike the iPhone, all of my WM phones have been dropped constantly and never break whatsoever. I can't even count how many iPhones I've seen just among my friends with shattered screens. A clear, thin screen protector is all I use, and all I need to use with my phones.

I don't know why you think this isn't a big issue. That's great you don't have it, but many are. The fact of the matter is that it was simply poor engineering, and there is no real reason for the problem to exist in the first place. People are pissed because Jobs tries blaming everyone else as if it was their fault Apple made a significant design flaw.

But none of that matters. So many people have blind love for the iPhone it's sickening. How dare users complain when their PHONE can't make a PHONE CALL.
I have had several phones, across various brands (Motorola, Samsung, Blackberries -3), across several carriers -- T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon. They ALL did/do this.... sorry if that fact bothers you.

As for the case/sleeve issue.... I guess that puts you in the 0.55%. There are TONS of cases/sleeves/covers that are NOT bulky (fit like a glove)....an absurd variety. For "bulky" to be a reason not to have one on a $300-$500 is just crazy, but that is MHO
txfeinbergs
join:2009-03-10
Allen, TX

1 edit

1 recommendation

txfeinbergs to NYR 56

to NYR 56
You see, that is the problem with your argument. If it was just the 0.55% complaining, we wouldn't even be discussing this now. 99.45% of the owners are very happy with their iphone. Instead, it is all you haters out there with no real-world experience blabbing at the mouth (or keyboard) because you think we actually care what you think and will change our opinion of our iphone by reading your ranting. Not sure what your end goal is or purpose. Maybe you are jealous because you can't afford one. If it is some other reason, I would love to hear it - because knocking a product you don't own seems rather rediculous to me.

DeeC
Premium Member
the world

DeeC

Premium Member

said by txfeinbergs:

You see, that is the problem with your argument. If it was just the 0.55% complaining, we wouldn't even be discussing this now. 99.45% of the owners are very happy with their iphone. Instead, it is all you haters out there with no real-world experience blabbing at the mouth (or keyboard) because you think we actually care what you think and will change our opinion of our iphone by reading your ranting. Not sure what your end goal is or purpose. Maybe you are jealous because you can't afford one. If it is some other reason, I would love to hear it - because knocking a product you don't own seems rather rediculous to me.
Agree. Non-iPad owners hated on it as well.... non-AAPL stockholders hate on the company & stock as well. It will never end, and its sad.

NYR 56
Premium Member
Smithtown, NY

NYR 56 to CPUYODA

Premium Member

to CPUYODA
The other phones you claim it happens to, do you have to actually try to do it (i.e. put your in an awkward spot) or does it occur when you hold your phone normally? Obviously the signal will vary but I do not believe this problem exists nearly to the same extent on other phones, including all of the past iphones. I think the simple design of putting the antenna towards the top of the phone, NOT where you hold it, is what the majority of other phones use.

A case, by definition, adds bulk. Not to mention, I think they are all ugly than the phone itself and reduce the comfort. I certainly understand why people use them, I just think it is ridiculous to HAVE to use one for the device to work properly.

txfeinbergs, The .55% is simply a BS statistic. Just because only x.x% return their phone to Apple or complain to them, doesn't mean significantly more are experiencing the issue. 99.45% of owners are NOT "very happy with their iphone", but you can go ahead and assume that. I couldn't care less which phone you use, the reason I am posting is certainly not to convince you to change what you purchase. This is a discussion forum, and I am discussing Apple's response, which I think was obnoxious. I'm certainly not "jealous because I can't afford one" considering I own an HTC TP2, which actually cost me more to purchase than an iPhone would have if I were to switch carriers. I've been using smart phones way before the iPhone came into play, so "jealousy" has nothing to do with it, but you know what they say about assuming.

alias, most of the "hating" is caused by the ridiculous following Apple has by it's fanboys. You have to admit, no other company has such followers where they can do no wrong, which is quite an impressive feat from a stockholder prospective. I think Apple makes some good products (iPods) but that doesn't mean some of their products can't be idiotically flawed. When MS comes out with a problematic product, everyone complains, including people whole love MS. When Apple does, anyone who complains is a "hater" and the fanboys all think the problem is a non-issue.
txfeinbergs
Allen, TX

txfeinbergs

NYR 56, what proof do you have that the 0.55% is a BS statistic? That's what I thought. As to your last paragraph directed at Alias, you are using a bunch of wide paintbrush generalizations. How about Toyota and Google for companies that have followers that believe they can do no wrong (obviously proven otherwise recently in the case of Toyota). I don't believe apple can do no wrong. I do believe I enjoy using their products - and for me, that is all that matters.

NYR 56
Premium Member
Smithtown, NY

NYR 56

Premium Member

What proof do I have that the .55% is BS? How about the fact that far more people ALWAYS have problems than ONLY the ones that return their device? I personally know people who have the issue, but after evaluating it, they'd prefer to keep the iPhone. That's perfectly fine with me, but to say only .55% have the problem means you have absolutely no logic skills. That's the equivalent of saying X people died from a car accident today, so there were X accidents - obviously false.

Every company has followers but NO company has the the following Apple has. Obviously I don't have numbers to back that up, but not everything needs a citation. Do you really disagree with that? You may or may not be one of them, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. To be perfectly honest, I've debated about buying Apple's stock, because from a shareholder point of view, they are an ingenious company. I did use them in a virtual stock competition many years ago and ended up doing quite well because of them. I still believe they have fans that will literally buy ANYTHING they put out and it's just crazy to watch.

DeeC
Premium Member
the world

1 edit

DeeC

Premium Member

said by NYR 56:

What proof do I have that the .55% is BS? How about the fact that far more people ALWAYS have problems than ONLY the ones that return their device? I personally know people who have the issue, but after evaluating it, they'd prefer to keep the iPhone. That's perfectly fine with me, but to say only .55% have the problem means you have absolutely no logic skills. That's the equivalent of saying X people died from a car accident today, so there were X accidents - obviously false.

Every company has followers but NO company has the the following Apple has. Obviously I don't have numbers to back that up, but not everything needs a citation. Do you really disagree with that? You may or may not be one of them, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. To be perfectly honest, I've debated about buying Apple's stock, because from a shareholder point of view, they are an ingenious company. I did use them in a virtual stock competition many years ago and ended up doing quite well because of them. I still believe they have fans that will literally buy ANYTHING they put out and it's just crazy to watch.
True, the 0.55% are those that called in with a complaint of this issue to AppleCare...Maybe others have it and don't report... sort of like those that are happy don't call in and say, "I'm having no problems and love the phone!" ..Its silly.

Yes, there will be a group of diehards that will buy the product no matter what..... but that is the case with many brands and products. I know people that will only buy Sony, or only buy Bose, or only buy BMWs, etc. etc. I think the success of Apple has brought more attention to the diehards, and more hate as well from a variety of directions.

JMHO

NYR 56
Premium Member
Smithtown, NY

NYR 56

Premium Member

It definitely exists with other companies, but I really don't think it's even CLOSE to what Apple has going for it. Don't get me wrong, their products are great for certain types of people. I specifically would recommend the iPhone to a lot of people I know even though I only buy WM phones because I know it would "just work" but still give them plenty of features. The problem I see is when people simply buy anything Apple puts out, just because it's Apple. The shuffle, for instance, baffles my mind. Sure it's great for working out, but all they did was cripple an MP3 player by removing the screen. Meanwhile, you can get superior MP3 players, with a screen, for less money. Somehow Apple managed to convince people this was better (amazing marketing).

one4games
join:2001-02-25
Vallejo, CA

one4games to CPUYODA

to CPUYODA
All I have to say is I live in a weak signal area and my old phone would drop calls all the time. It was so bad my wife gave up calling me when she was out and about. I just bought the iphone4 had it for about 3 weeks and to this day haven't dropped a call. Now I am by no means an Apple fanboy, this is the first Apple product that I have ever bought.
So as far as I am concerned this seems to be alot of hype feed by the media. As of this moment I am a happy iphone4 user.
txfeinbergs
Allen, TX

txfeinbergs to NYR 56

to NYR 56
As a direct example of someone who bought a Shuffle I will speak up. Not because I bought it as a blind minion, but because I bought it for my daughter who destroys pretty much everything. This was one indestructable music player AND could be used with my entire music library (which my daughter actually likes a lot of). It is your opinion that the Shuffle sucked (and well, I will agree, it wasn't that great, but it served my purpose). I didn't buy it because I was under some apple voodoo.

DeeC
Premium Member
the world

1 edit

DeeC to NYR 56

Premium Member

to NYR 56
said by NYR 56:

It definitely exists with other companies, but I really don't think it's even CLOSE to what Apple has going for it. Don't get me wrong, their products are great for certain types of people. I specifically would recommend the iPhone to a lot of people I know even though I only buy WM phones because I know it would "just work" but still give them plenty of features. The problem I see is when people simply buy anything Apple puts out, just because it's Apple. The shuffle, for instance, baffles my mind. Sure it's great for working out, but all they did was cripple an MP3 player by removing the screen. Meanwhile, you can get superior MP3 players, with a screen, for less money. Somehow Apple managed to convince people this was better (amazing marketing).
Well I don't get the crippling the MP3 player .....since even the 1st iPod (click wheel firewire only one) had a screen. As for the shuffle and its generations .... just a variation/option. If you don't need a screen, and only want a music player ...you have a choice, big deal. Thank gawd for choices since what YOU deem as being a cripple on "one group" of MP3 players, someone else may find it fits THEIR needs ... Wow, what a concept.

As for Apple convincing people to do/buy anything... Well, that can be said of every brand & manufacturer of any product that has a commercial, billboard sign, ad, etc. The purpose of marketing is to convince viewers that one product is superior to another. It is up to the buyer to do their own DD and make an educated decision based on their needs.

Now, you may disagree with that, but that is life. If a car ad for a foreign company convinces me to buy their car over a GM car ad (& I don't do my research on what is best for my needs and what is being advertised), then the fault is on ME. I sure as hell wouldn't start bashing or putting down those that made a different choice. That is stupid.... Make YOUR choice and move on.
DeeC

DeeC to txfeinbergs

Premium Member

to txfeinbergs
said by txfeinbergs:

As a direct example of someone who bought a Shuffle I will speak up. Not because I bought it as a blind minion, but because I bought it for my daughter who destroys pretty much everything. This was one indestructable music player AND could be used with my entire music library (which my daughter actually likes a lot of). It is your opinion that the Shuffle sucked (and well, I will agree, it wasn't that great, but it served my purpose). I didn't buy it because I was under some apple voodoo.
I assume there are millions that bought their shuffles for THEIR OWN reasons ... Runners, joggers, athletes, and others may NOT NEED the screen, just their favorite music in a small convenient device.... But alas, its never about the fact that someone else may have different needs, its about HOW they want to define what EVERYONE needs...Again, sad.
txfeinbergs
Allen, TX

1 edit

1 recommendation

txfeinbergs to NYR 56

to NYR 56
By the way, I DON'T own an Apple TV because I think that completely sucks. But you know what, I am sure there are others out there that bought it and love it. It didn't fit my needs as I have an XBOX and PS3 that allow for a lot of the same functionality already i.e. the download/streaming of movies. Now, if apple comes out with a superior revision, which is rumored to actually happen soon, I will evaluate it to determine if it is something that I would value/use and buy it strictly based off of that - not based off what a community of forum bashers believe.

NYR 56
Premium Member
Smithtown, NY

NYR 56

Premium Member

You guys are misinterpreting what I'm saying. I agree that choices are great, and I'm not bashing Apple the company at all for their marketing or products. I know the Shuffle has a market (I even mentioned that already) but the amount of people that bought it were far greater than the size of the actual market that had a use for it. I know plenty of people that bought it because it was Apple, when they used it as a normal MP3 player - a situation where a screen would obviously be advantageous. Now before you jump on me, alias, and shove words in my mouth, think about that for a second. Is there really any compelling reason to buy an overpriced shuffle if you are just using it to sit around and listen to music? For some, maybe, but for all those people that bought it? No way. They were simply blinded by the Apple marketing machine. Once again - I'm not "bashing Apple" as you keep saying I am, I'm bashing their followers that can't think for themselves (No, not every follower, just some of them). But you probably won't listen to my logic and instantly jump to defend Apple.

DeeC
Premium Member
the world

1 edit

DeeC

Premium Member

said by NYR 56:

You guys are misinterpreting what I'm saying. I agree that choices are great, and I'm not bashing Apple the company at all for their marketing or products. I know the Shuffle has a market (I even mentioned that already) but the amount of people that bought it were far greater than the size of the actual market that had a use for it. I know plenty of people that bought it because it was Apple, when they used it as a normal MP3 player - a situation where a screen would obviously be advantageous. Now before you jump on me, alias, and shove words in my mouth, think about that for a second. Is there really any compelling reason to buy an overpriced shuffle if you are just using it to sit around and listen to music? For some, maybe, but for all those people that bought it? No way. They were simply blinded by the Apple marketing machine. Once again - I'm not "bashing Apple" as you keep saying I am, I'm bashing their followers that can't think for themselves (No, not every follower, just some of them). But you probably won't listen to my logic and instantly jump to defend Apple.
I guess where we differ -- I don't judge or determine why a person buys a product or what is best for THEM. There is no logic in that.

warwick
join:2009-06-05
Hollywood, FL

warwick to txfeinbergs

to txfeinbergs
said by txfeinbergs:

keyboard) because you think we actually care what you think and will change our opinion of our iphone by reading your ranting. Not sure what your end goal is or purpose. Maybe you are jealous because you can't afford one.
LOL - OUR Iphone hahahaha.... what do you think this is? A clan or something, a gathering, an apple aristocrat golf club? Again, for good laugher - "Our Iphone" Are you that eager to feel a part of something....