This is a sub-selection from OMG

caco
Premium
join:2005-03-10
Whittier, AK

1 recommendation

reply to Anon

Re: OMG

C'mon don't tell me you believed Job's bs. The are a lot of Droids and Blackberry in the wild and you would have heard tons of reports if that was a widespread issue.
--
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

Z80A
Premium
join:2009-11-23

1 recommendation

It's because no one gives a shit about BB or Droids. The reception problems of other handsets were demonstrated...and you can see them on you tube.

And go into the BB and Android forums...you will find plenty of complaints about all sorts of issues. But what we have here are people who don't even own the handset, complaining about the handset's performance. They simply don't know what they're talking about. They take an article, claim it affects everyone and run with it.

And yeah, what Jobs says reflects my experience in actually OWNING this handset. Yeah, if I'm in a weak signal area, I lose bars. So what. It doesn't drop calls. And other handsets have similar attenuation problems as we have seen posted numerous times.

If other actual iPhone 4 OWNERS want to step up with their experiences or problems, awesome. Let's hear from the owners.

What we have is a bunch of Apple haters and/or Android fanboys talking shit about a subject they know ZERO about. That's fine but they're still full of shit.
--
"Our goal (was to make) a billion phones Flash-enabled by 2010...We're actually going to get 1 billion Flash-enabled phones by 2009." -Adobe Chief Technology Officer Kevin Lynch in Nov 2008.

DeeC
Premium
join:2000-09-01
the world
kudos:1

Z80A,

You are correct, and I have a BB Storm with Verizon and have those issues. I just know that ALL cellphones will drop calls at times and signal strength will show different depending upon how you position the phone .. that's common sense......

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02
kudos:39

1 recommendation

reply to Z80A

If other actual iPhone 4 OWNERS want to step up with their experiences or problems, awesome. Let's hear from the owners.

What we have is a bunch of Apple haters and/or Android fanboys talking shit about a subject they know ZERO about.
Hmmm. Mine drops from three or four bars to zero simply by being held. That's nice it's not happening to you, though. I think you can stop flaming people who are criticizing the company for what's clearly a real problem (it's just not noticeable in markets with full and decent signal).

Z80A
Premium

1 edit
reply to Z80A

It's not happening for MILLIONS of users. And calling the explaination high end bullshit when you say

said by Karl Bode :
(it's just not noticeable in markets with full and decent signal).
is bullshit. That is what Jobs said. Then he demonstrated similar attenuation issues with a few other popular handsets. And you can go on Youtube and see even more. Then he offered those users a solution if they wanted to still keep the handset...a free case. If that isn't acceptable, return the stupid phone.

You, like those in the real media, have blown this WAY out of proportion.
--
"Our goal (was to make) a billion phones Flash-enabled by 2010...We're actually going to get 1 billion Flash-enabled phones by 2009." -Adobe Chief Technology Officer Kevin Lynch in Nov 2008.

DeeC
Premium
the world

said by Z80A:

It's not happening for MILLIONS of users. And calling the explaination high end bullshit when you say

said by Karl Bode :
(it's just not noticeable in markets with full and decent signal).
Yeah, no shit. That is what Jobs said. Then he demonstrated similar attenuation issues with a few other popular handsets. And you can go on Youtube and see even more. Then he offered those users a solution if they wanted to still keep the handset...a free case. If that isn't acceptable, return the stupid phone.

You, like those in the real media, have blown this WAY out of proportion.
Its easier to HATE and blog hate against Apple and their products, then to accept it is an issue across a small %, and NOT a new issue. I've had several brands of phones across three different carriers. They all do this....
Expand your moderator at work

djrobx
Premium
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO
reply to Z80A

Re: OMG

We post plenty. I've been saying all along that my iPhone 4 works great. Because I don't feed into all the drama, I am labelled an idiot, a Jobs worshipper and all sorts of childish stuff.

People have been whining for weeks about apple needing to offer free bumpers. Of course, now that they are, that's just not good enough. Yes, the phone isn't perfect. I had no itention of using my $600+ device without something protecting the edges from the inevitable scuffs and scratches anyway.
--
AT&T U-Hearse
Your funeral. Delivered.

DeeC
Premium
the world

said by djrobx:

We post plenty. I've been saying all along that my iPhone 4 works great. Because I don't feed into all the drama, I am labelled an idiot, a Jobs worshipper and all sorts of childish stuff.

People have been whining for weeks about apple needing to offer free bumpers. Of course, now that they are, that's just not good enough. Yes, the phone isn't perfect. I had no itention of using my $600+ device without something protecting the edges from the inevitable scuffs and scratches anyway.
If you don't have issues, you are a fanboi, Jobber, or something worse......

And I posed the same question ... who owns a $300 or higher phone and doesn't put a case/sleeve/cover around it? Oh, the 0.55% who complained about the issue... I get it

Z80A
Premium

1 recommendation

reply to djrobx

No problems = Apple Fanboy.

NYR 56
Premium
join:2000-12-05
Smithtown, NY
reply to DeeC

said by DeeC:

said by djrobx:

If you don't have issues, you are a fanboi, Jobber, or something worse......

And I posed the same question ... who owns a $300 or higher phone and doesn't put a case/sleeve/cover around it? Oh, the 0.55% who complained about the issue... I get it
I don't, and haven't for years. The whole point of these cell phones is to be small, why would I want some ugly, bulky case on it? Unlike the iPhone, all of my WM phones have been dropped constantly and never break whatsoever. I can't even count how many iPhones I've seen just among my friends with shattered screens. A clear, thin screen protector is all I use, and all I need to use with my phones.

I don't know why you think this isn't a big issue. That's great you don't have it, but many are. The fact of the matter is that it was simply poor engineering, and there is no real reason for the problem to exist in the first place. People are pissed because Jobs tries blaming everyone else as if it was their fault Apple made a significant design flaw.

But none of that matters. So many people have blind love for the iPhone it's sickening. How dare users complain when their PHONE can't make a PHONE CALL.

DeeC
Premium
the world

said by NYR 56:

I don't, and haven't for years. The whole point of these cell phones is to be small, why would I want some ugly, bulky case on it? Unlike the iPhone, all of my WM phones have been dropped constantly and never break whatsoever. I can't even count how many iPhones I've seen just among my friends with shattered screens. A clear, thin screen protector is all I use, and all I need to use with my phones.

I don't know why you think this isn't a big issue. That's great you don't have it, but many are. The fact of the matter is that it was simply poor engineering, and there is no real reason for the problem to exist in the first place. People are pissed because Jobs tries blaming everyone else as if it was their fault Apple made a significant design flaw.

But none of that matters. So many people have blind love for the iPhone it's sickening. How dare users complain when their PHONE can't make a PHONE CALL.
I have had several phones, across various brands (Motorola, Samsung, Blackberries -3), across several carriers -- T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon. They ALL did/do this.... sorry if that fact bothers you.

As for the case/sleeve issue.... I guess that puts you in the 0.55%. There are TONS of cases/sleeves/covers that are NOT bulky (fit like a glove)....an absurd variety. For "bulky" to be a reason not to have one on a $300-$500 is just crazy, but that is MHO

txfeinbergs

join:2009-03-10
Allen, TX

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to NYR 56

You see, that is the problem with your argument. If it was just the 0.55% complaining, we wouldn't even be discussing this now. 99.45% of the owners are very happy with their iphone. Instead, it is all you haters out there with no real-world experience blabbing at the mouth (or keyboard) because you think we actually care what you think and will change our opinion of our iphone by reading your ranting. Not sure what your end goal is or purpose. Maybe you are jealous because you can't afford one. If it is some other reason, I would love to hear it - because knocking a product you don't own seems rather rediculous to me.

DeeC
Premium
the world

said by txfeinbergs:

You see, that is the problem with your argument. If it was just the 0.55% complaining, we wouldn't even be discussing this now. 99.45% of the owners are very happy with their iphone. Instead, it is all you haters out there with no real-world experience blabbing at the mouth (or keyboard) because you think we actually care what you think and will change our opinion of our iphone by reading your ranting. Not sure what your end goal is or purpose. Maybe you are jealous because you can't afford one. If it is some other reason, I would love to hear it - because knocking a product you don't own seems rather rediculous to me.
Agree. Non-iPad owners hated on it as well.... non-AAPL stockholders hate on the company & stock as well. It will never end, and its sad.

warwick

join:2009-06-05
Hollywood, FL
reply to txfeinbergs

said by txfeinbergs:

keyboard) because you think we actually care what you think and will change our opinion of our iphone by reading your ranting. Not sure what your end goal is or purpose. Maybe you are jealous because you can't afford one.
LOL - OUR Iphone hahahaha.... what do you think this is? A clan or something, a gathering, an apple aristocrat golf club? Again, for good laugher - "Our Iphone" Are you that eager to feel a part of something....