join:2008-05-10
Sterling Heights, MI

baineschile to PerfectCode

Premium Member

to PerfectCode

Re: End the Cap!

quote:
Seriously?

Qwest DSL for 5Mbps/896kbps (highest offered) is $35/m. Comcast business is much much more expensive if I were to keep my services and pay the business class prices for it.

In my area, resi is $45, and busi is $59 (i havent had busi since janurary, so prices may have gone up a little). Thats a difference of $14 a month, which last I calculated, is less than $35
PerfectCode
join:2009-06-12
Portland, OR

PerfectCode

said by baineschile:

quote:
Seriously?

Qwest DSL for 5Mbps/896kbps (highest offered) is $35/m. Comcast business is much much more expensive if I were to keep my services and pay the business class prices for it.

In my area, resi is $45, and busi is $59 (i havent had busi since janurary, so prices may have gone up a little). Thats a difference of $14 a month, which last I calculated, is less than $35
You are not understanding. I pay Comcast for phone service, TV, and internet (triple play). Comes out around $215/m... The internet is 50Mbps for $100/m. Business class with all of that is much much more expensive...

caffeinator
Coming soon to a cup near you..
Premium Member
join:2005-01-16

3 edits

caffeinator

Premium Member

said by PerfectCode See Profileyou are not understanding. I pay Comcast for phone service, TV, and internet (triple play). Comes out around $215/m... The internet is 50Mbps for $100/m. Business class with all of that is much much more expensive...
So, you pay for what you want. So do I.

If CC could beat the deal I have now and not cap me...I'd switch in a heartbeat. I called 'em and asked.

They can't.

I get 7/896 with no real caps and a landline for about $40/mo. I pay extra for a local ISP. Comes to about $55/mo. and is totally worth it not to deal with Qwest routing or 'support'.

Sorry if that isn't what you can haz.
PerfectCode
join:2009-06-12
Portland, OR

PerfectCode

Thanks and congrats?
Expand your moderator at work

nerdburg
Premium Member
join:2009-08-20
Schuylkill Haven, PA

1 recommendation

nerdburg to caffeinator

Premium Member

to caffeinator

Re: End the Cap!

I get 7/896 with no real caps and a landline for about $40/mo....
It's terrific that you can get what you need for $40/month! Unfortunately for many of us that isn't a reality. I'm in PerfectCode's camp. My wife and I are heavy users and I have three teenagers - also heavy users. We have limited basic cable TV, but nobody watches it. 7Mbps isn't enough bandwidth for my family, since it's not unusual for all of us to be utilizing the internet in some capacity simultaneously.

Increasingly, I've been running up against the usage caps and I expect that will become more of a problem in the future.

I don't think it is unreasonable --at least for the Extreme tiers-- to raise the cap a bit, perhaps up to 500GB. I feel that Extreme users are obviously more 'hardcore" and will naturally transmit more data.

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium Member
join:2008-05-10
Sterling Heights, MI

1 recommendation

baineschile

Premium Member

Agreed that the 50 and 100 mb tiers should raise the cap.

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

said by baineschile:

Agreed that the 50 and 100 mb tiers should raise remove the cap.
Fixed.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4 to nerdburg

to nerdburg
CC had a higher cap. But you can blame the users on here that bitched and bitched about it not being fair due to it was a soft cap.

Well you get what you all bitch about and you can think Robb.