spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Gami00
join:2010-03-11
Mississauga, ON

Gami00

sigh..

Canada is one of the most worthless countries there is for Internet broadband.

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium Member
join:2008-05-10
Sterling Heights, MI

baineschile

Premium Member

Does anyone think its fair to have Netflix subsidize ISPs because they use so much bandwidth?

rudnicke
Premium Member
join:2004-10-23
Rantoul, IL

rudnicke

Premium Member

Heh. THat's funny.

Anarchy
@iauq.com

Anarchy to baineschile

Anon

to baineschile
No. No one should think it is fair for Netflix to pay an extra amount when they already pay for bandwith, and their customers pay for bandwith.
WernerSchutz
join:2009-08-04
Sugar Land, TX

WernerSchutz to baineschile

to baineschile
said by baineschile:

Does anyone think its fair to have Netflix subsidize ISPs because they use so much bandwidth?
No one except probably you.
tjb122982
join:2009-09-22
Terre Haute, IN

tjb122982 to Anarchy

to Anarchy
said by Anarchy :

No. No one should think it is fair for Netflix to pay an extra amount when they already pay for bandwith, and their customers pay for bandwith.
Netflix doesn't pay for my broadband, I do.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas

Premium Member

said by tjb122982:

said by Anarchy :

thats the point, you pay for your broadband... netflix pays for their broadband... why should netflix have to pay to then subsidize the network they allready pay to access.
tjb122982
Terre Haute, IN

tjb122982

said by thedragonmas:

said by tjb122982:

said by Anarchy :

thats the point, you pay for your broadband... netflix pays for their broadband... why should netflix have to pay to then subsidize the network they allready pay to access.
Wait, are you saying that Netflix goes to their local cable or phone company for internet access and don't have their own internet solution? That claim is a little bit silly.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas

Premium Member

said by tjb122982:

Wait, are you saying that Netflix goes to their local cable or phone company for internet access and don't have their own internet solution? That claim is a little bit silly.
oh? so every business in your town has their own internet solution? in most cases those T1's and T3's are provided by the same isp's you use or the same backbone those isp's use.
tjb122982
Terre Haute, IN

tjb122982

said by thedragonmas:

said by tjb122982:

oh? so every business in your town has their own internet solution? in most cases those T1's and T3's are provided by the same isp's you use or the same backbone those isp's use.
It's a little besides the point. The major ISP's have been promoting the idea "the world is at your fingertips" or "use it as much as you want." To me this is not about companies making more money off other companies; it's about my ISP what I can do and can't do, or what I have to pay extra for what I used to get for one rate. I don't like to pay for things that I used to get for free.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas

Premium Member

thats my point. the ones who think netflix should "subsidize" the network, are the same people that think you and i should pay our isp more to be able to access netflix.

probably the same people that think that per byte billing is a great idea :|
tjb122982
Terre Haute, IN

tjb122982

said by thedragonmas:

thats my point. the ones who think netflix should "subsidize" the network, are the same people that think you and i should pay our isp more to be able to access netflix.

probably the same people that think that per byte billing is a great idea :|
There is more than meets the eye. I honestly think that, at least the cable companies, want to screw people on their internet and make Netflix harder to use or less than desired level of quality to keep people subscribing to HBO and Showtime. Hell, Verizon and AT&T are probably thinking the same thing since they have poured billions into Fios and U-Verse.