We're All Mad Here
Premium Member
join:2001-12-14
Palm Bay, FL

Dragasoni to BACONATOR26

Premium Member

to BACONATOR26

Re: FAIL

Oh, well that makes it a little better I suppose. But I still think that's crappy of ISP's to take advantage like that.

Do you have free WiFi at McDonalds, Wendy's, Krystal, etc like we do? If so, you could just go there, or set up a directional WiFi antenna on your house to use their connection.

-Dragasoni-

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

said by Dragasoni:

Oh, well that makes it a little better I suppose. But I still think that's crappy of ISP's to take advantage like that.

Do you have free WiFi at McDonalds, Wendy's, Krystal, etc like we do? If so, you could just go there, or set up a directional WiFi antenna on your house to use their connection.

-Dragasoni-
Yes a few places including Starbucks now but they tend to have very limited bandwidth. Certainly not stable enough for video streaming.

I am however lucky where I am to have both unlimited cable + DSL for the moment. In other areas, many people aren't so lucky.

Dragasoni
We're All Mad Here
Premium Member
join:2001-12-14
Palm Bay, FL

Dragasoni

Premium Member

Really? The public library in town here has 10 Mbps symetrical, it's free, and they don't block YouTube or other streaming sites. I've never tested the speed at McDonalds since I've only used it with my iPod Touch.

-Dragasoni-

andrej
@acanac.net

andrej

Anon

ya in Toronto biggest city, we have 10mbps symmetrical free in every library over wifi and it's completely neutral

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

1 edit

BACONATOR26 to Dragasoni

Premium Member

to Dragasoni
said by Dragasoni:

Really? The public library in town here has 10 Mbps symetrical, it's free, and they don't block YouTube or other streaming sites. I've never tested the speed at McDonalds since I've only used it with my iPod Touch.

-Dragasoni-
Depends on the area. Here in Ottawa, our nation's capital, funding is very poor for libraries so I'd be surprised if they all had fiber.
« I hope it raises awarenessmoney and mouths »
This is a sub-selection from FAIL