how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jrusling

join:2003-04-27
Mustang, OK

[ PHONE] CallerID on TV

I changed my phone plan and cannot get CallerID on the TV to work. After many calls, tech support told me that caller ID did not work for some customers and that I would have to wait until the new software was available. They indicated that this was a common problem in Oklahoma City. It is too bad that they don't tell sales this.

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE
what did u change?
did u drop caller id off the phone?

jrusling

Mustang, OK
said by ajwees41:

what did u change?
did u drop caller id off the phone?
No I added caller id 2 weeks ago.

ajwees41
Premium
Omaha, NE
press menu on the remote and select caller id and make sure it's enabled.

jrusling

Mustang, OK
reply to jrusling
said by jrusling:

I changed my phone plan and cannot get CallerID on the TV to work. After many calls, tech support told me that caller ID did not work for some customers and that I would have to wait until the new software was available. They indicated that this was a common problem in Oklahoma City. It is too bad that they don't tell sales this.
Been done multiple times, boxes have been rebooted. I have spent a lot of time with tech support on this issue and have been told it is just not going to work until the new software is loaded sometime in the future. Tech support said that there are a lot of people in Oklahoma City where it just will not work.

SoonerAl
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-23
South Padre Island, TX
kudos:5
reply to jrusling
Its intermittent here in Norman. Generally it works but occasionally it does not for whatever reason.
--
"When all else fails, read the instructions..."
MS-MVP Windows Desktop Experience

BryanInPHX
Premium
join:2001-03-06
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

1 edit
reply to jrusling
While the initial thought of Caller ID on the TV sounds cool, (if it were 1980) I think I would find it very annoying and hope it can be disabled. The 2min reminders that a scheduled recording is about to begin annoys the hell out of me, and I don't think that can be disabled with SARA, hopefully with Passport it can be.

If I'm watching TV, I usually just don't want to be interrupted, I certainly won't answer the home phone as it is going to be a solicitor most of the time anyway.
--
Cox Premier HSI, SB6120, DIR-628, XPSP3 Pro, Win7 Toshiba Satellite A505-S6973
SA8240HDC DVR, SARA v1.90.5.a113, My Moxi purchase on Hold for now due to SDV...
External eSATA DVR Expander, WD Caviar Black WD1001FALS, Direct Connection

SoonerAl
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-23
South Padre Island, TX
kudos:5
said by BryanInPHX:

While the initial thought of Caller ID on the TV sounds cool, (if it were 1980) I think I would find it very annoying and hope it can be disabled. The 2min reminders that a scheduled recording is about to begin annoys the hell out of me, and I don't think that can be disabled with SARA, hopefully with Passport it can be.

If I'm watching TV, I usually just don't want to be interrupted, I certainly won't answer the home phone as it is going to be a solicitor most of the time anyway.
Actually Caller ID on the TV display is quite helpful for us. You can disable/enable it via Phone Tools interactively on the TV via the remote control and configure the placement and the length of time the message is displayed. I think the default is 10 seconds.
--
"When all else fails, read the instructions..."
MS-MVP Windows Desktop Experience

join:2004-04-13
Glendale, AZ
Does it record the Caller ID?

jrusling

Mustang, OK
reply to jrusling
The call log is updated and caller ID on the phone works. This looks to be a software problem.

ajwees41
Premium
Omaha, NE
reply to 60373562
no it's just like you press info on the remote to bring up the channel bar.

ajwees41
Premium
Omaha, NE

1 edit
reply to BryanInPHX
passport it can be and there are no pop ups that say the recording is starting at least on the passport dct on the motorola platform

CoxJimR
Premium,VIP
join:2002-01-17
Atlanta, GA
reply to jrusling
said by jrusling:

The call log is updated and caller ID on the phone works. This looks to be a software problem.
Glad to hear this is resolved. I'd like to have someone here in Atlanta look at that in case we might be able to help avoid other folks having trouble in the future. Would you send me your phone # via IM when you get a chance? Thanks.
--
Want the most out of BBR? Visit our help page: »members.cox.net/coxengr/bbr_help Are you a Cox employee? Please read this before posting: »members.cox.net/coxengr/bbr_cox

jrusling

Mustang, OK

1 edit
said by CoxJimR:

said by jrusling:

Glad to hear this is resolved. I'd like to have someone here in Atlanta look at that in case we might be able to help avoid other folks having trouble in the future. Would you send me your phone # via IM when you get a chance? Thanks.
IM Sent.
The Caller ID on the TV still does not work.
--
Jim Rusling
Mustang, OK

CoxJimR
Premium,VIP
Atlanta, GA
Sorry it's not resolved, I guess I misread it. Regardless, I've asked someone here in Atlanta to look in on it as well.

jrusling

Mustang, OK
said by CoxJimR:

Sorry it's not resolved, I guess I misread it. Regardless, I've asked someone here in Atlanta to look in on it as well.
Thanks, I appreciate it.
--
Jim Rusling
Mustang, OK

CoxJimR
Premium,VIP
Atlanta, GA

1 recommendation

Jim, I'm told this is resolved. I sent an IM with a couple more details. Let me know if you are still having trouble.

- Jim

jrusling

Mustang, OK

1 recommendation

It looks like it was fixed a little after 4:00 PM yesterday. All of my boxes suddenly came up as unauthorized for about 1 minute and after that the TV Caller ID started working.

Thanks for your help.
--
Jim Rusling
Mustang, OK