uniqs
blaine2009
join:2009-03-05
North Vancouver, BC

blaine2009 to DataDoc

to DataDoc

Re: Samsung 32" LCD with 2 coaxial inputs "air" and "cable"

Hi

Thanks, do you know why one would need both cable and air attached at the same time? As all the air stations are covered by the cable feed I think.

It would also not matter which coax input you attached the cable to?

Thx

DataDoc
My avatar looks like me, if I was 2D.
Premium Member
join:2000-05-14
Hedgesville, WV

DataDoc

Premium Member

It probably doesn't matter, as long as you get all the stations you're entitled to. The labels may just be there to be helpful, or if it's hooked up wrong, it may not be able to find the channels.

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin to blaine2009

Mod

to blaine2009
You can get a higher resolution broadcast off of an air antenna than the compressed signal off of cable. If you have both an antenna and cable hooked up, you may be able to see the difference depending on the program. It is also nice to have an antenna hooked up if the cable system goes out due to a storm, etc.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by robbin:

You can get a higher resolution broadcast off of an air antenna than the compressed signal off of cable. If you have both an antenna and cable hooked up, you may be able to see the difference depending on the program. It is also nice to have an antenna hooked up if the cable system goes out due to a storm, etc.
He's from Canada which still has a lot of analog stations. Also if he got the TV in Canada I'm not sure the TV even has a ATSC tuner in it. A model number would help a lot. Also knowing his cable Tv provider would help too.