share rss forum feed

LuckyBob
Boww wowww LOST MY DOG
Premium
join:2001-05-05
B-Line
kudos:1

Line Quality Test

Internets been really slow lately, takes forever to start loading the site and can't really stream anything... Is this my ISPs fault or something wrong with my router/modem/computer?

»/linequality/nil/2661246
--
*I HATE SOUTHERNERS SO MUCH THEY SHOULD BE FORCED INTO A CLASS THAT MAKES THEM CIVILIZED*

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:4

Not your box. The issue is with the Level3 and Comcast routers. There is no packet loss and my guess is the routers are not responding to pings. Even so, the latency is way too high. So, the routers may just be swamped and over loaded.

You can send the LQT to Comcast and see what they say.
--
"You can observe a lot by watching". Yogi Berra

LuckyBob
Boww wowww LOST MY DOG
Premium
B-Line
reply to LuckyBob

Well I have a computer that's wired directly and has no problems.

The computer with the problem is the laptop. Sometimes there will be a yellow thing next to the taskbar icon saying that there is limited access.
--
*I HATE SOUTHERNERS SO MUCH THEY SHOULD BE FORCED INTO A CLASS THAT MAKES THEM CIVILIZED*

LuckyBob
Boww wowww LOST MY DOG
Premium
B-Line

OK well I did the windows self diagnose thing and it turned this message up after it did the repair (it said it repaired it but it didn't and the connection is still stalling a lot):

Root cause:
This computer is continuously switching between two or more wireless routers or access points

Detailed root cause:
Excessive roaming (between access points, within a profile or a preferred network)

Repair option:
Select one preferred network
Windows Help and Support can provide more information about how to prevent your computer from continuously switching between wireless routers or access points.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit and I think I have the Intel WiMax 6250 network adapter. The laptop is a dell xps studio 16
--