join:2005-11-06
Powell, WY

1 edit

Price hike and other changes

Click for full size
Page 1
Click for full size
Page 2
Looks like Bresnan is doing a 7% price hike as well as some other changes.

Basic internet is going from 8Mb/s to 12Mb/s and the Speed Plus tier is going from 15Mb/s to 18Mb/s. They are also adding some channels both SD and HD. It seems it might just be for Butte, but not sure. Anybody else get this in their last bill? I have the paperless/online billing only but they sent one this time.

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Denver, CO

Yea, I got that too.

They need to add comedy central HD.

12mbit...big deal. They can't even get 8mbit right.
--
Whats smells like blue?

linus57

join:2010-04-19
Bozeman, MT
reply to koolkid1563

Thanks for the heads up. My price was hiked here in Bozeman as well. That really annoys me and I let them know as much. I don't want to trash them for the upgraded bandwidth because that rocks, I just think it is lame of them to send me propaganda about how they upgraded my service without any cost to me, then a month later hike the price without saying anything.

I also wonder if the price hike has something to do with Bresnan being bought by cablevision.

koolkid1563
Premium,MVM
join:2005-11-06
Powell, WY

The letter came off the same way for me as it did you. They start off saying they upped the internet speed and added new SD and HD channels for 'free' which I am fine with but then they say in the same letter they are raising my rates by 7%? Doesn't seem all that 'free' to me...

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

All I can say is..

.."Blame Hollywood".