spc
uniqs
supergeeky
join:2003-05-09
United State

supergeeky to lordie

to lordie

Re: Comcast blocked port 25 (SMTP)???

I've found that port 25 is always blocked on Comcast residential accounts - only on the business accounts is it allowed... in which case, perhaps the letter is in error?

netcool
Premium Member
join:2008-11-05
Englewood, CO

netcool

Premium Member

said by supergeeky:

I've found that port 25 is always blocked on Comcast residential accounts - only on the business accounts is it allowed... in which case, perhaps the letter is in error?
It's not blocked by default:

»customer.comcast.com/Pag ··· Internet

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

1 edit

EG to supergeeky

Premium Member

to supergeeky
said by supergeeky:

I've found that port 25 is always blocked on Comcast residential accounts - only on the business accounts is it allowed...
Disagree ! I've known many people that are Comcast subs and also have read many posts on various forums and I've never seen a pattern or any evidence to indicate/prove your assertion. I have been a CC residential subscriber for nine years myself and port 25 always was and still is open and active here..

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to supergeeky

MVM

to supergeeky
said by supergeeky:

I've tested from my sister's Comcast connection in Oregon, from time to time, and never found their connection to have a port 25 block. Per their own policy, Comcast only blocks port 25 out on a case-by-case basis.