join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

1 recommendation

thedragonmas to Chuckles0

Premium Member

to Chuckles0

Re: "I didn't get a bill, " is no excuse!

recently had a problem with a company who's online bill pay stripped the leading 0 from the routing number. they changed the system from a previous one that took debit,credit, and checks. guess what? their system showed "payment processed" but it never went though. so guess who got slapped with a late fee.. so even tho i got the bill i couldnt PAY the bill, still the customers fault?

i had to pull teeth to get this accross to them that it was on THEIR end. they finally admitted it after i filed a BBB complaint with all the details.

now then, i agree, if you get a service and dont get a bill you know you owe something, call them and find out. but if the companys system screws up and rejects the payment and dosent even TELL you it was rejected.. the company can kiss my #$% and eat the late fee. and for that matter IMO the payment for that month since they "technically" refused payment for that month.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

said by thedragonmas:

recently had a problem with a company who's online bill pay stripped the leading 0 from the routing number. they changed the system from a previous one that took debit,credit, and checks. guess what? their system showed "payment processed" but it never went though. so guess who got slapped with a late fee.. so even tho i got the bill i couldnt PAY the bill, still the customers fault?

i had to pull teeth to get this accross to them that it was on THEIR end. they finally admitted it after i filed a BBB complaint with all the details.

now then, i agree, if you get a service and dont get a bill you know you owe something, call them and find out. but if the companys system screws up and rejects the payment and dosent even TELL you it was rejected.. the company can kiss my #$% and eat the late fee. and for that matter IMO the payment for that month since they "technically" refused payment for that month.
+1 I had the same problem with my mortgage pay-by-phone bill pay.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4 to thedragonmas

to thedragonmas
the BBB is worthless. you were better off filing with the State Atty. General. at least the State has som pull where the BBB can just be told to stick the complaint up their ass and the company goes on about its day to day business.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

1 recommendation

thedragonmas

Premium Member

said by hottboiinnc4:

the BBB is worthless. you were better off filing with the State Atty. General. at least the State has som pull where the BBB can just be told to stick the complaint up their ass and the company goes on about its day to day business.
true enough, i learned that later on with another company. over a contract dispute (am i the only one that holds on to those "disclosures" that banks and credit cards companys send?) after i sent them a lovely letter with copys of all of them with the pertanant information highlighted and the state atty general as a CC on the bottom. suddenly the issue "resolved its self".

im not one of the deadbeats, but "stuff" happens. it helps if the rep actually LOOKS at the account history before making an assumption.

the worst for this IMO are utilitys, namely power/water when we moved a few years ago power was in my mothers name, we gave them the new address to mail the bill to. they said to allow 2 - 3 months for the final bill to show up at the new addy. it never showed up, but you know what did show up? a collection letter from the local credit bureau called about it, sent letter, every thing i could, but nothing worked. so there getting $1 a month untill its paid off. which should be some time in 2030. interestingly enough, it hasnt had a negative effect on her credit history. and no, i dont plan to keep paying them $1 on it. soon as i get other stuff in my life taken care of first theyl get paid off. learned a lesson on this one. next time i move and they say "2 - 3 months" im calling every freaking day to the billing dept to find out the balance
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

as soon as service is shut off or changed into another name final readings should be done with a final bill sent out. Seems like someone didn't do their job to start off with at the power company.
banner
Premium Member
join:2003-11-07
Long Beach, CA

banner to thedragonmas

Premium Member

to thedragonmas
said by thedragonmas:

recently had a problem with a company who's online bill pay stripped the leading 0 from the routing number. they changed the system from a previous one that took debit,credit, and checks. guess what?
I bet someone opened the extract MS Excel.