2 edits

SixSpeed to aztecnology

to aztecnology

Re: Steaming service stinks

said by aztecnology:

said by SixSpeed:

Netflix streaming is horrible.
The streaming works flawlessly...
The titles are old and after having the service for a few weeks, there is noting to watch.
Sounds like your a curmudgeon. Hollywood has their hands tied on what they can offer...
The bandwidth costs didn't go up because their streaming content is garbage.
I don't care why the content is garbage, I just know that it is. I supposed if you are 60+ years old, you will find the title selections great.

Also, its a heck of a wait to get anything current. After having Iron Man at the top of my queue for 2+ months, I just got it yesterday.

TechyDad
Premium Member
join:2001-07-13
USA

4 recommendations

TechyDad

Premium Member

Well, I'm only 34 and I find their streaming selection prety good. It could be better but that's more the fault of the studios than Netflix. Netflix is making deals as quick as they can and would toss everything on streaming if they could.

Meanwhile, my 2 sons (age 6 and 3) love Netflix streaming. There are tons of kids shows on streaming (current like Dora and older like Rugrats). I hand the oldest the Roku remote and they go to town watching show after show.

I guess it all boils down to your taste vs what Netflix is currently allowed to stream.

As far as waiting to get DVDs, I've never run into that problem. After I send a DVD back, I typically have a new one in 3 days. I think I've only had one time when the item on the top of my queue wasn't available. Then again, most of the stuff I have on my queue isn't new release material. YMMV.

Uncle Paul
join:2003-02-04
USA

Uncle Paul

I'm 41 and find the Steaming selection while large mostly B movies or old titles. Typically anything you'd go to a B&M store and find dust on. If you really like old, foreign, obscure, or indie stuff then they have plenty of content for you. If you're looking for stuff typically released in the last year... not so much.

My 5yo daughter finds the kids selections 'ok'.

It's good if you want to watch old TV series though.
betam4x
join:2002-10-12
Nashville, TN

betam4x to SixSpeed

to SixSpeed
You are clearly a troll, stuff like 2012, (»www.netflix.com/WiMovie/ ··· 70108779) etc. are available. There are over 100 movies on netflix streaming that were released within the past 3 years.

Uncle Paul
join:2003-02-04
USA

Uncle Paul

said by betam4x:

You are clearly a troll, stuff like 2012, (»www.netflix.com/WiMovie/ ··· 70108779) etc. are available. There are over 100 movies on netflix streaming that were released within the past 3 years.
How many movies are on netflix streaming that did over $50 million in the box office and were released to DVD in the last six months?

Streaming on Tivo is good quality (sometimes has issues properly detecting bandwidth), PS3 is also good. Sony Bluray player stutters and is poor quality. All systems are on Cat 6 structured wiring on a managed GB switch to Comcast 20 mb service.

The bottom line still depends on what kind of titles you're looking for in the streaming catalog. If you like more obscure or older movies than Netflix has you covered in spades. If you're looking for titles that did reasonably well in the theaters and was released to DVD in the last 6-8 months then the selection if relatively bare.

scott2020
join:2008-07-20
MO

scott2020 to TechyDad

to TechyDad
Inspector Gadget FTW!
My kids love it, and brings back memories for me!

TechyDad
Premium Member
join:2001-07-13
USA

TechyDad

Premium Member

Inspector Gadget was one of the first titles they found and burned through. My son still pretends that he has "gadgets" like Inspector Gadget has.
« what about Linux?
This is a sub-selection from Steaming service stinks