uniqs
share rss forum feed
« what about Linux?
This is a sub-selection from Steaming service stinks

join:2004-02-05
New York, NY
reply to Matt3

Re: Steaming service stinks

All I have to say is, y'all need some glasses, because that blurry ass shit doesn't qualify as "passable" to me at all.

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC
kudos:12
said by 45612019:

All I have to say is, y'all need some glasses, because that blurry ass shit doesn't qualify as "passable" to me at all.
Perhaps your internet connection is causing your steaming issues? If your connection quality is terrible, Netflix will scale quality back substantially.

New York, NY
said by Matt3:

said by 45612019:

Perhaps your internet connection is causing your steaming issues? If your connection quality is terrible, Netflix will scale quality back substantially.
My connection could handle Blu-ray streaming. I am talking about Netflix's HD streaming. It's HD but it's still rather poor quality.

GLX

join:2000-01-18
Hoboken, NJ
Really? You've got a constant 40Mbps down?

New York, NY
Yes. Welcome to the year 2010. Even in the primitive United States, 40+ Mbps are not that uncommon. It's unheard of to have slower than 40 Mbps in Sweden, South Korea, Japan, etc...

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
said by 45612019:

It's unheard of to have slower than 40 Mbps in Sweden, South Korea, Japan, etc...
Not true. Speedtest results show that

Japan avg download speed is 16.89 mbps and upload avg is 8.33 mbps. »www.netindex.com/download/2,78/Japan/

South Korea avg download is 31.23 mbps and upload avg is 18.64 mbps »www.netindex.com/download/2,89/South-Korea/

Sweden avg download is 18.09 mbps and upload avg is 7.01 mbps »www.netindex.com/download/2,6/Sweden/

So I guess it is heard of to have speeds lower than 40 mbps.
--
Are you happy with your rep in Washington, DC?

DaveMcLain

join:2008-11-07
Steelville, MO
A lot of the quality issues that people see tend to come on older titles that were encoded longer ago. The newer encodes are looking a lot better. Sometimes I like to watch the show "Mythbusters" and the quality on that one is always very good.

I'm watching it via a Roku box but I've also watched a few titles via my nephew's X Box 360 and the quality is about the same even though the interface is very different than the Roku's.

SixSpeed

join:2001-12-24
USA

1 edit
reply to Matt3
said by Matt3:

said by 45612019:

No, all the streaming content from STARZ is blurry and fuzzy, even when it says its being presented in HD.

Pure garbage.