All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
gbirk7
join:2010-07-31
Franklinton, NC

gbirk7

let me know how if you get any results from Centurylink!

I have been so disappointed since they merged with Embarq, I have DSL with static ip (which i pay an extra 10$ a month for just so i can hear, I'm sorry we'll have to send you to another level of support, I have found support to be Horrible. It is Saturday morning and I am just getting back online, after being down from 10pm on Thursday. My internet was still down last night (Friday) at 12:pm when I checked before going to bed. In the Last 3 Months, my DSL has been down a minimum of 3 24+hours periods not to mention another 5 hour period where my phone and Internet was down. I have probably spent 8+ hours on the phone with their support personnel, All i hear is, your outage is not related to the reported outages in the area, we'll get you back online in 24 to 48 hours - WTF! I have literally missed 3 days of work in the last 3 months because of Centurylink failure to deliver adequate service and support. Every time I call, I go thought the same stuff, -- lets disconnect your router and put you modem into bridge mode. It always happens to coincide with outages in the Area (27525 youngsville, NC), but yet is never related. The only reason I am still with them, it because i can not get a static ip from the cable company. I have had dsl/broadband for many years and never experienced these problems,total lack of support and answers, in all those years combined as I have in the last 3 months. (in their defense I will say, they did credit my bill 99 cents for 1 day of work i missed and a full week's credit for internet form the outage 2 weeks ago. People at centurylink need to understand, we want continuous uninterrupted service! I truly believe the outage issues are local and so it the incompetency. Support also had me hand up and call back after spending 45 minutes with them trying to diagnose the problem, because their phones didn't work and were working from home (their system was half down and couldn't transfer me, Ps. if support can't figure out how to restart and application, you know you're in real trouble and going no where, they just didn't want to send a call back to the main, because they didn't know what they were doing, sad!) i just want to my DSL to be reliable, and if it does go down, to truly have a competent person on the other end to diagnose the problem quickly to get it fix quickly, this 24-48 hours line, with no info, is a bunch of bull
gws1968
join:2009-11-24
Hertford, NC

gws1968

Click for full size
I feel your pain. I live about 3 hours to the east of you and my service sucks. Joey can probably help you. He somehow can work miracles where others fail. Unfortunately he can't help me because I get my Centurylink service through a third party named Inteliport and Centurylink seems unwilling to work with them or me. So I'm lost in the woods with no way out. I don't want cable, we lose that service too often and if you lose power you lose cable. Get up with CTL_Joey and see what he can do for you. I know he'll do all that is in his power. Good luck...

MrFrank
@embarqhsd.net

MrFrank to gbirk7

Anon

to gbirk7
I am having the exact same problem as you. I am at 27572 Rougemont, NC about an hour west of you. I have worked for the phone company for over 25 years and know how their system works. A large part of the employees that work there do not know what they are doing. I trick them all the time when I'm talking to customer service. I usually wait until the shift changes and call back and eventually I find someone who knows what they are doing and they fix my problem. If you start talking shop to them and they don't know what you are talking about they will keep transferring you or just dead end you.