share rss forum feed

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3
reply to cableties

Re: The business mentality...

Ummmm.. heh.. not really sure what to say.. wait, I actually do.

Seriously, like I said, I really don't care or have love for Verizon, one bit. However, I think you're really going on the dramatics here a WEEEEEE bit too much.

No one is controller your communication.. there's a difference in it being controlled (which they aren't) and how they chose to charge and regulate the use of the internet in means of charging for it. You're confusing control with putting a price on their service - two totally different things. People OFTEN forget that they're not entitled to an all you can eat model, for one. Even with that, and having the 'unlimited PDA data plans'.. those are and were just that. People have PDA/Smart Phones with data plans and now here comes the ability to tether and they expect the carriers to simply allow the connection of netbooks, note books, and everything else wireless to access those tether devices... really? That's not being reasonable. There has to be some reality to your demands, and quite honestly, what I hear is that you want them to do all the giving and you want to do all the taking.. which is fine, but you can take... anytime... for a price. NOTHING wrong with that at all.

You have a smart phone, it does more than a regular phone, you're going to pay more - yea.. they are expensive.. however, remember, supply and demand. The user demands everything in one small handheld device and the company supplies it.. what is convenience worth to you? .. that's what you're going to pay. You ALSO have to ask yourself,.. "is that Youtube on the go WORTH it.. on the go?" the answer really is.. "no".. it's entertainment. Life goes on with out Youtube and Facebook... trust me.. it really does. Users are demanding more and more but also demand cheaper and cheaper.. there still is "value" in the "want"..

As for everything else.. wow.. really.. just wow. Please tell me.. when have you ever been able to change your number with out calling in? Are you REALLY being harassed that late at night that you NEED to change your phone number on the fly, 24/7? (There is a way to not take those calls... turn the phone off for the night.. mute the ringer.. change the ring tone for that number calling you... I think you're being dramatic here. "No way to forward all calls... really? There truly is. Remotely answer your cell phone????? REALLY? WHY In the world do you need that? And who's going to pay to develop that AND who's going to pay for the worthless feature? You have a mobile phone.. bring it with you, afterall, it's mobile.

Rolling minutes? .. okay.. at this point, this is what competition is about.. AT&T allows it.. Verizon and Sprint don't need to do that.. this is what competition is all about.

I dunno.. it's really hard to address alot of what you said other than it may be, to you, nice.. but I can guarantee you that many people really doesn't care about half that stuff.. not to mention, at what cost are you willing to pay for a 24/7 customer service? .. it used to be that way but was a total waste of money.. sorry, but I can truly wait until the next day to talk about my bill.. the online website access gives me, and you, plenty of information. You're asking for a 24/7 world.. that comes at a cost and I'm SURE you won't be willing to pay for it.

By the way... YOU/WE don't give them control.. it's their business.. they're not public, they're not the government.. etc.. you don't even get that from the government - so why are you expecting it from Verizon?

Sounds, again, a bit on the dramatics..