Premium Member
join:2005-04-18
Tombstone, AZ

2 edits

tobicat

Premium Member

New service plan

Click for full size
It looks like Hughes has decided to compete with wildblue for their low level plan.

Get ready for a whole lot of unhappy campers.

Wonder why they did not fix the incorrect FAP numbers?

Nimblewill
join:2007-08-17
Dahlonega, GA

Nimblewill

I saw Hughes is offering lower prices for three months after mail in rebates. Looks like you need to buy the equipment. But there was no "Basic" package on the order page.
Just a way to get more people on overloaded satellites.
JSheridan
join:2006-07-03
USA

JSheridan to tobicat

to tobicat
Where did you go to see that? It's not showing up on the order page yet but it would be a great marketing tool to compete with WildBlue as you said.

Thanks.
tobicat
Premium Member
Tombstone, AZ

tobicat

Premium Member

For some strange reason it only shows up in th morning and then in the afternoon it goes away has done that for three days in a row.. Just Hughes I guess.

zalternate
join:2007-02-22
freedom land

3 edits

zalternate to tobicat

to tobicat
Looks like a good way to get the Spaceway 3 loaded quicker before the WildBlue ViaSat 1 gets operational, which, last I read, was a launch mid next year and then in-orbit testing.

3 months cheap rate for Hughesnet.... Buy or lease equipment as well.

Hughesnet still has until mid 2012 for it's high throughput Jupiter satellite to be launched.

The Europe ViaSat1(KA-sat) high capacity satellite is delayed for it's launch.
November launch now and then in-orbit testing. »www.eweekeurope.co.uk/ne ··· ide-8780

fleece59
join:2010-03-01
Clarksville, AR

fleece59 to tobicat

to tobicat
said by tobicat See Profile

Wonder why they did not fix the incorrect FAP numbers?
[/BQUOTE :

They're keeping the option of going back to the stated plan limits.
chances14
join:2010-03-03
Michigan

chances14 to tobicat

to tobicat
so if i am reading it correctly after 3 months, the price goes back to the same as it is now yet you are still sucked into the 24 month commitment. I don't see how the lower price is going to attract more people when you still have the 24 month commitment.

yolarry
join:2007-12-29
Creston, WV

yolarry to tobicat

to tobicat
If price fixed like this...I would upgrade to ProPlus

One more too
@direcway.com

One more too to tobicat

Anon

to tobicat
While the Basic plan may be a recent offering, Hughes has been offering the lower monthly fees for the first 3 months on the other plans for several months now.
tomupnorth
join:2005-01-14
UpperMidwest

1 edit

tomupnorth to tobicat

to tobicat
said by tobicat:

For some strange reason it only shows up in th morning and then in the afternoon it goes away has done that for three days in a row.. Just Hughes I guess.
Could you please post a link (rather than a cropped .png from who-knows-where)?

EDIT: nm I found it

»consumer.hughesnet.com/plans.cfm
tobicat
Premium Member
Tombstone, AZ

1 edit

tobicat

Premium Member

It appears that some of the turbo page servers are caching the old page so you may have to turn turbo page off in order to get the new page.
tobicat

tobicat to tomupnorth

Premium Member

to tomupnorth
"Could you please post a link (rather than a cropped .png from who-knows-where)?"

Just out of curiosity why would I post a bogus screen shot of Hughes service plans?

dbirdman
MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa

dbirdman

MVM

I think the "who-knows-where" was a secondary complaint to the "cropped" one.
DaveL54
join:2005-11-12
Urbana, IL

DaveL54 to tobicat

to tobicat
I am on the pro plan. Since there is no hope of asking them to reduce my monthly cost to the new rate I wonder if I upgrade to the proplus the 59.95 would apply. That would at least reduce my monthly by 10 bucks.
Naah, just wishful.
tobicat
Premium Member
Tombstone, AZ

tobicat

Premium Member

There I redid it hopefully all is good now.
DaveL54
join:2005-11-12
Urbana, IL

DaveL54 to tobicat

to tobicat
Ahhh, it's a no go.
Got to read the medium size print. Those deals only last 3 months.
tomupnorth
UpperMidwest

tomupnorth

said by DaveL54:

Those deals only last 3 months.
I might keep Hughes as a backup (gonna go 3G when my committment's up) if they had a service that was $30/mo, but not for $50. What are they thinking?
tomupnorth

tomupnorth to tobicat

to tobicat
said by tobicat:

Just out of curiosity why would I post a bogus screen shot of Hughes service plans?
I didn't say it was bogus, but since it was cropped-off (and still is AFAICT) one can't know/find the "fine print".

So why NOT just post the link, as I did?
tomupnorth

tomupnorth to tobicat

to tobicat
The Basic package (768/128 180MB $50/mo) seems to have disappeared. At least, I cannot find it anywhere.

Anyone know what happened to it?
chances14
join:2010-03-03
Michigan

chances14

said by tomupnorth:

The Basic package (768/128 180MB $50/mo) seems to have disappeared. At least, I cannot find it anywhere.

Anyone know what happened to it?
it was a special offer they were offering for one week only
tomupnorth
UpperMidwest

tomupnorth

said by chances14:

it was a special offer they were offering for one week only
You may be right but if so it's peculiar to me that HN would set themselves up with such a (relatively tiny) number of customers on a special "one-time only" Basic plan. I can't even imagine the "takers" numbered in the thousands?

Unless it was a test balloon they were floating, to see if a basic plan had appeal, and at the same time to place a limited number of customers onto a 768/128/180 setup to see how they'd perform with it.
tobicat
Premium Member
Tombstone, AZ

tobicat

Premium Member

I am gonna bet it is just the usual lack of attention and professionalism on the part of the Hughes web programmers. They probably don't even know they left if off when they redid the web page after the week special.
tomupnorth
UpperMidwest

tomupnorth

said by tobicat:

They probably don't even know they left if off when they redid the web page after the week special.
Ha, ha--I like your answer, but the several resellers' pages I've looked at don't show the Basic plan either! Well, here's one, but they're actually showing the Home plan:

»www.satellitehighspeed.c ··· lans.php