spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jodiebo

@verizon.net

wall switch for multiple ceiling fans

I am going to have 4 ceiling fans with light kits installed on a covered patio. Each fan draws 68 amps. Each light kit has 2-40W light bulbs.

Can you please tell me what sort (specification) of wall control I need for changing fan speeds and dimming lights on all 4 fans simultaneously?

Thank you!

jodiebo

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp
kudos:8
»www.hunterfan.com/Products/Acces···l-22394/
--
The Truth is the foremost enemy of the State now.

nunya
LXI 483
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Charter
·voip.ms
·surpasshosting
reply to jodiebo
I believe you mean .68 amps. For the lights, a standard 600 Watt dimmer will be fine.
For the fans, you need to look for a multiple fan speed control. I put them in restaurants all the time. Emmerson, Hunter, and PS&L are just a few brand names.
These are not an item your going to be able to run into Lowe's Depot and get. You'll probably need to go to an electrical supply house or order online.

scott_urman

join:2002-07-18
San Mateo, CA

1 recommendation

reply to jodiebo
You could get a remote kit for each fan and set them all to the same address. That way the same remote and/or wall switch will control them all.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
said by scott_urman:

You could get a remote kit for each fan and set them all to the same address. That way the same remote and/or wall switch will control them all.
^^^ This.

the remotes for most have dip switches in them as do the modules that run the fans. set all the switches as stated above to the same settings/code/address and then each remote will control all fans but each fan will still have its own module to handle correct power loads. also means that you will have 4 remotes, good for if you want switches through out the room.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

nunya
LXI 483
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
kudos:12
reply to jodiebo
I highly recommend you do not do the wireless method. If one module misses a signal, it gets them all out of whack, and it can be a PITA to reset them.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
said by nunya:

I highly recommend you do not do the wireless method. If one module misses a signal, it gets them all out of whack, and it can be a PITA to reset them.
ahh ok i did not think about that when i made my suggestion. so i retract my suggestion.

but also because i did some googling and found they do make hardwired speed controllers.
»www.lightingdirect.com/emerson-s···z|195782

is one example, but this option would of course depend on the existing wiring unless the wiring has yet to be done. in which case id imagine one could run a hot feed to the motor leg from a fan controller with a high enough AMPs rating for all four(which btw comes out to around 2.72 amps, do Ceiling Fans have a high startup draw?) and then another leg to the lamps off their own dimmer.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports