fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium
join:2005-07-01
Atlanta, GA
reply to fiberguy

Re: The business mentality...

said by fiberguy:

And before you go further, I'll spare this too. ... because I don't feel like running out and doing research for ya doesn't make it a false statement.. I just don't chose to google and post links to prove a point. You can simply agree to disagree if you want and we'll leave it at that.

(This tactic is often used and invalid.)
For someone who purports to loath the crassness of the "internet generation", you sure do enjoy making use of many of the more annoying characteristics of that group. You make statements as if they are fact, not opinion, and then refuse to back those facts up when asked. That is not only lazy but arrogant.

Other cultures are perhaps even more involved on the internet and with cellphone technology (i.e. the Chinese and Japanese), yet I can attest with first-hand knowledge they do not exhibit the conditions in their social lives which you claim are the inevitable result of such a concentration of resources into the technology.
--
I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
- Stephen Hawking

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3
Pull your head out of the sand... and then we'll talk. And please, do not try to compare China to the United States. That will get you no where.

The fact that you need a link anytime something is said, OR simply request one JUST because you have nothing better to disagree with does not make you right.

Please learn the rules of debate.

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium
join:2005-07-01
Atlanta, GA
said by fiberguy:

Pull your head out of the sand... and then we'll talk. And please, do not try to compare China to the United States. That will get you no where.

The fact that you need a link anytime something is said, OR simply request one JUST because you have nothing better to disagree with does not make you right.

Please learn the rules of debate.
Obviously you haven't learned any "rules". Again, you made statements as FACT, not just your opinion. FACTS require evidence, which you have failed to provide. Opinions can rely upon their own merit and are only as believable as the trust conveyed by the person offering them. In either case, you fail.

You also spew nothing but post-hoc-ergo-propter-hoc arguments. If you can't do any better than that, then you really are your own worst enemy, you make other peoples arguments against you for them.
--
I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
- Stephen Hawking

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3

1 recommendation

This isn't a court of law... you're clearly only trying to invalidate what I'm saying because I don't care to go hunting down a resource online to support what I said...

But, I'm done arguing with you... the "you won't post a link so you don't know what you're talking about" game doesn't work with me.