spc
uniqs

chong673
join:2001-11-18
Jonesboro, GA

chong673 to SpottedCat

to SpottedCat

Re: I got call today .. 400 gb last month

The other question is the more people that download, the slower their network is for everybody.

Is that for everyone in a subdivision? I doubt seriously that I am hurting anyone downloading in my neighourhood. My neighourhood is not high class.

Also Comcast maybe can do something like a free buffet for anyone to download unlimited say like between midnight and 6 am? Of course this is fantasy.

SpottedCat
join:2004-06-27
Miami, FL

SpottedCat

said by chong673:

The other question is the more people that download, the slower their network is for everybody.
This is a fallacy. With proper packet shaping (which Comcast has already admitted to doing) the heaviest users on a busy node can receive a lower priority so that only they are impacted.

Comcast shouldn't send customers away just because of their inability to properly manage their network. Or at the very least they should offer higher caps for a bit more money, without going to a "business account" which is more involved in setting up.

(Disclaimer: I have a business account. "What cap?" is what I usually say. But I've come to like Comcast's network so far and wish they would provide alternatives for their "excessive usage" customers other than "Bad doggie. No toy for you. I will crate you for a year if you do this again!")
rendrenner
join:2005-09-03
Grandville, MI

rendrenner to chong673

to chong673
said by chong673:

Also Comcast maybe can do something like a free buffet for anyone to download unlimited say like between midnight and 6 am? Of course this is fantasy.
So what were you thinking, maybe like a Cracker Barrel or something?