spc
Search similar:

uniqs
supertbone
join:2002-04-04
Pleasant Grove, UT

supertbone

Porting # from Qwest

I am thinking about dumping my Qwest phone and going dry loop with them and porting my number to Vonage. Does anyone know how this can be done and what the process is?

snolsen
join:2004-01-10
Bedford, NH

snolsen

PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to supertbone

Premium Member

to supertbone
Normally, as snolsen said, you have the NEW company port your number.

But you have DSL and there is a danger that if Qwest sees your number ported away, they may cancel your DSL entirely rather than take you to dry loop. So you had better check with Qwest because of this special situation.

But do NOT allow Qwest to cancel your number. A number that is cancelled cannot be ported.
CenturyLink
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID

CenturyLink to supertbone

to supertbone
said by supertbone:

I am thinking about dumping my Qwest phone and going dry loop with them and porting my number to Vonage. Does anyone know how this can be done and what the process is?
Hello Steph from Qwest here,

Normally a port of a telephone number will create an automatic request on our side to create a standalone high speed internet account with your current speed. We would like to keep you as a customer for phone service as well, if you have any questions or issues that need to be addressed, please email me at talktous@qwest.com with your bill phone number, bill address and anything I can help with.

thank you

Steph Lake
Manager, Talk To Qwest Team

"At Qwest your account information is confidential and protected by law, so I need your permission to access the account.