spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Betrayed
@mindspring.com

Betrayed

Anon

Google sold us out!

Just replaced Google search with Bing as the default search in all my computers at home and at work. I know Bing is not as good, but I feel betrayed by Google.
moes
Premium Member
join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT

moes

Premium Member

good for you, but I am sticking with what I know works and works honestly better then anything else out there search engine wise.

I trust Bing like I trust my cat to bring me the tv remote.
jfmezei
Premium Member
join:2007-01-03
Pointe-Claire, QC

jfmezei to Betrayed

Premium Member

to Betrayed
I wonder what changed at Google. They used to be against ISP plans, now they decided to be part of those "evil" plans. Perhaps they decided they couldn't win and it was the lesser of two evils to join the evil ISPs to ensure Google's content isn't deprioritized/emphasized.

I think the problem is Android. It was to be an open source platform with goals of pushing the "unlocked" phone concept to the USA where nobody would be captive/slave to the mobile networks. But it appears that Google has fallen prey to those mobile networks and is now a slave to them, the very thing it was hoping to end.

If Google isn't big/strong enough to end this slavery, who is ?
sonicmerlin
join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH

sonicmerlin

said by jfmezei:

I wonder what changed at Google. They used to be against ISP plans, now they decided to be part of those "evil" plans. Perhaps they decided they couldn't win and it was the lesser of two evils to join the evil ISPs to ensure Google's content isn't deprioritized/emphasized.

I think the problem is Android. It was to be an open source platform with goals of pushing the "unlocked" phone concept to the USA where nobody would be captive/slave to the mobile networks. But it appears that Google has fallen prey to those mobile networks and is now a slave to them, the very thing it was hoping to end.

If Google isn't big/strong enough to end this slavery, who is ?
I was thinking the same thing. I had hoped that once Android had become the dominant platform for mobile phones around the world, which is inevitable due to its free and open-source and Google's commitment to it, that Google would leverage their influence into forcing the ISPs to play fairly. But once you cross the line from good into evil, it's just about impossible to cross back.
MADx
join:2005-05-25
Richmond, IN

MADx to Betrayed

to Betrayed
Evil is as evil does.