spc
Search similar:

uniqs
soreyes
join:2006-05-06
Edmonds, WA

4 edits

soreyes

Upgraded from 1Mbps to 1.5Mbps speeds now, who else?

Mod Note: Please see this post ---> »Comcast admits the economy upgrade email was in error

Edmonds, WA Performance Tier Upgraded

1. got email today about Infinity speed increase
2. unplugged modem, removed battery
3. unplugged router
4. made some cereal, started some coffee
5. plugged modem back in
6. finished cereal, took daily vitamin and claratin
7. plugged router back in
8. checking results.
9. usenet test. DLing from astraweb sustained 13.5 Mbps. This is the same speed I have had for at least a few weeks. I had just looked into this a while back for a reddit post. Maybe I had been upgraded earlier without knowing it? Maybe thats the fastest astraweb can go (doubt it)?
10. speednet test. 28.23/1.91
11. log into modem admin and poke around 192.168.100.1
12. log file entries MTA PROV: Successful!,
MTA TFTP: Successful,

Downstream
Freq/Power: 597.000 MHz 2 dBmV
Signal to Noise Ratio: 37 dB
Modulation: QAM256
Upstream
Freq/Power: 25.200 MHz 41 dBmV
Channel Type: DOCSIS 1.x (TDMA)
Symbol Rate: 2560 kSym/sec
Modulation: QAM16

Firmware Name: TS060151I_061909_MODEL_4_5
Firmware Build Time: Fri Jun 19 18:13:40 EDT 2009

modem model info:
ARRIS DOCSIS 2.0 / PacketCable 1.0 Touchstone Telephony Modem HW_REV: 32
VENDOR: Arris Interactive, L.L.C.
BOOTR: 5.01
SW_REV: 6.1.51I
MODEL: TM402P

Hopefully this is helpful.

==========================
Michigan
»Rochester, MI

Washington
Edmonds, WA

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny

Re: Upgraded from 16/2 to 20/2 or 20/4 speeds now, post here

What tier are you paying for (what does your statement call it and what price is it)? Do you also have cable TV through Comcast?

What did the email say?
soreyes
Edmonds, WA

soreyes

Total XFINITY Internet $42.95
TV is the limited cable package $17.69, ch 2 - 30

Dear Valued XFINITY Customer:
We're pleased to announce that we recently increased the download speed of your Economy Service from XFINITY Internet—from 1Mbps to 1.5Mbps. That's up to 50% faster!
So now you can surf the Internet, email friends and family, and download files even faster.
Just power cycle your modem (see box at right) and start enjoying your new speed today.

BTW, I just dug my post from the last speed upgrade a few years back. amazing to see how many years that thread went on for! »12/2 Upgrade Available in Edmonds, WA

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny to soreyes

to soreyes

Re: Upgraded from 1Mbps to 1.5Mbps speeds now, who else?

Thanks for the report. I split this to a new topic since the other thread is about the Blast tier.
soreyes
Edmonds, WA

soreyes

Oh man, I guess I have lost track of how many tiers there are. I have been on cable internet for many years (since @home). My last move to a new residence and comcast service move was about 3.5 years ago and I don't remember so many options. I guess I am below business and below another upgraded tier called blast?
Pain999
join:2007-12-13

Pain999 to soreyes

to soreyes
I got the email too but I did not see any difference. I took several speed tests before and after rebooting my modem and got 10 Mbps average in both cases.

rideboarder
welcome to the social
Premium Member
join:2003-07-28
Snohomish, WA

rideboarder to soreyes

Premium Member

to soreyes
I received the same email, but my speeds have been the same ever since I signed up for comcast a few months ago.

13200000 bits/sec - Downstream
2200000 bits/sec - Upstream

I did the whole unplug everything...then plug in modem, 5 mins later the router...etc....but I still have the same speeds as always...so I'm not sure if they sent this email in error, but there hasn't been a speed increase from what I can tell.
antsh
join:2002-01-28
Daly City, CA

antsh to soreyes

to soreyes
Got the same email. I am on the 12/2 package. I power-cycled the modem, but there has been no change as far as I can tell. I have a TM502G so I cannot directly see my provisioned speed but I am powerboosting to ~21/4.5 as before and it steadies out at about 13/2 as before.
Eviltwist
join:2010-08-13
Elk Grove, CA

Eviltwist to soreyes

to soreyes
Wow

I am subscribed to !Blast and today I've got an email saying that my "economy" internet have been upgraded.
Don't know whats going on with this ..

rideboarder
welcome to the social
Premium Member
join:2003-07-28
Snohomish, WA

2 edits

rideboarder to soreyes

Premium Member

to soreyes
Looks like mine has changed now.

26400000 bits/sec downstream
2200000 bits/sec upstream

and I'm on the 12/2 plan....

however I think they still haven't quite figured out what the heck they're doing...so i highly doubt ill keep that speed.

edit: I figured it was a screwup...it's back to normal now.
mitote
join:2002-05-31
Rochester, MI

1 edit

mitote to Eviltwist

to Eviltwist

Rochester, MI

Received email in June and after rebooting modem, upgrade to my economy service was complete.

I tested and confirmed 50% speed increase, from 1Mbps to 1.5Mbps
number2
join:2009-01-22
Central Point, OR

number2 to soreyes

to soreyes

Ogden, UT

Got the email a couple days ago. Speed increase for economy tier costumers.

My test results:

1.43Mb/s Down &
0.36Mb/s Up

$24.99/month

THZNDUP
Deorum Offensa Diis Curae
Premium Member
join:2003-09-18
Lard

THZNDUP to soreyes

Premium Member

to soreyes
I'm happy to report that I also got the email, San Joaquin Co, Calif.
quote:

Dear Valued Comcast Customer:

We're pleased to announce that we recently increased the download speed of your Economy Internet service from Comcast—from 1Mbps to 1.5Mbps. That's up to 50% faster!

So now you can surf the Internet, email friends and family, and download files even faster.

Just power cycle your modem (see box at right) and start enjoying your new speed today.

However I am somewhat apprehensive about recycling the modem since I have, both by measured current speeds and the monthly bill, what is called the Performance Tier(12/2). Somehow 'enjoying my new speed today' isn't going to be accurate.
tquan
join:2001-09-13
Mountain View, CA

1 edit

tquan to soreyes

to soreyes

Comcast admits the economy upgrade email was in error

Comcast sent an apology today, the original e-mail was sent in error. Here's the text of their note:

Dear Valued XFINITY Customer,

We value your business.

You may have read an email from us in the last several days about a change to your Internet service. The subject line would have read:

Great News: We've Increased Your Download Speeds

The email was sent to you in error and we apologize for any inconvenience. Please disregard that email.

If there is any change to your service in the future, we will send you a separate email.

As always, we'll continue to work hard to bring you the best online experience.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
The Comcast Customer Care Team
This is a service-related email. Comcast will occasionally send you service-related emails to inform you of service upgrades or new benefits to your XFINITY Service.

Services and features are subject to Comcast's standard terms and conditions of service and are subject to change. Contact Comcast for details and restrictions.

Copyright 2010. Comcast. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Comcast respects your privacy. For a complete description of our privacy policy, click here.

Comcast
One Comcast Center
1701 JFK Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2838
Attn: Comcast Customer Care Team

TD Nickell
Premium Member
join:2010-07-27
Federal Way, WA

TD Nickell to soreyes

Premium Member

to soreyes

I got two E-mails on the 14th of August,one telling me that my blast speeds have been increased and the second one telling me that my economy speeds have been increased.
I don't have either of those tiers.
Today two more E-mails saying sorry we sent in error.
soreyes
Edmonds, WA

soreyes

Yeah, I got the Sorry, emails were an error messages as well. Who knows?!?!?!

The following does not change from my original post:

9. usenet test. DLing from astraweb sustained 13.5 Mbps. This is the same speed I have had for at least a few weeks. I had just looked into this a while back for a reddit post. Maybe I had been upgraded earlier without knowing it? Maybe thats the fastest astraweb can go (doubt it)?

10. speednet test. 28.23/1.91

Total XFINITY Internet $42.95
TV is the limited cable package $17.69, ch 2 - 30
number2
join:2009-01-22
Central Point, OR

number2 to soreyes

to soreyes
Just got the Sorry email too...

Also just saw on my statement they jacked the modem lease price from $5 to $7.

No notice about that!!!