spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

roninnyc

join:2010-03-31
New York, NY

Majic Jack Not Receiving Incoming Calls!!!

I have been getting complaints that my phone number isn't working. But when I test from a Sprint or T-mobile cell phone it works just fine.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work when the call is made from a land line or even Vonage. What's going on? Is there an outage?
--
Denied Unemployment benefits? Get help! »cmhservicesny.com

Mango
What router are you using?
Premium
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Callcentric
·Anveo
·Shaw
·AcroVoice

Typically, in a situation like this, you should call your land line provider, or Vonage, and inform them of the problem.

Do NOT mention anything about MagicJack or VoIP at all. If you do, they're sure to blame it on that.

Just say, "I can't call this number with my landline. But, it works with both my cell phones." It's better if they discover on their own how the call is to be routed.

m.
--
Recommended ATA Settings | e164 - make your DID accessible via SIPBroker! | Tips for Reliable Internet Faxing

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL
kudos:5
reply to roninnyc

»Re: New Number Still 'Disconnected'

roninnyc

join:2010-03-31
New York, NY
reply to roninnyc

I did MJ's Liveperson chat and they took forever doing nonsensical things like having me reboot, etc. But they didn't seem to get the gist of my complaint for over an hour until they forwarded it to someone technical.

I tried stopping my forwarding and that worked. But when I restore forwarding it won't forward all of the calls. I'm forwarding to a Vonage number and Vonage doesn't work, but others work (as above).

Why would forwarding block only certain carriers?

Thanks for the responses.

amigo_boy

join:2005-07-22

said by roninnyc:

Why would forwarding block only certain carriers?
MJ has had a history of blocking calls to certain, higher-cost exchanges. I wonder if they could have motive to block forwarded calls to certain exchanges. Or, what if call forwarding caused Vonage some headaches, diagnosing unknown/unwanted calls. Would they block such calls? (Assuming they could be identified as being different compared to ordinary calls originating from MJ.).