3 edits

baineschile

Premium Member

if you are using that much data, its USUALLY piracy

Split from this topic --> »I got call today .. 400 gb last month
~sorto'
said by NormanS:

said by C_Chipperson:

Is this supposed to justify that 250GB isn't enough? So that you don't have to work hard to make a copy of a movie?
Why does anybody have to justify a desire for more data volume?
Because GENERALLY, if you are using that much data, its USUALLY an indication of piracy. network strain is a side-effect as well.

Mod Note: See this topic ---> »almost nobody hitting a 250gb cap is doing ONLY legal activity

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

Re: I got call today .. 400 gb last month

said by baineschile:

Because GENERALLY, if you are using that much data, its USUALLY an indication of piracy. network strain is a side-effect as well.
Based on the claims I have seen, I'd question your assumption of "usually".

Chillin
No i7, no care.
Premium Member
join:2002-04-22
Johnson City, TN

Chillin

Premium Member

said by NormanS:

said by baineschile:

Based on the claims I have seen, I'd question your assumption of "usually".
Because people on the internet always tell the truth right. People always admit that ya "I stole x amount of movies this month as well". Get serious. People will march to the web bitch about the cap and proclaim they are as honest as Jesus and say they only use their connection legally.

I have a bridge in China I will sell you cheap!

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

I would consider the use of P2P as probably an indication of piracy. But not necessarily the amount of data moved. Assuming that moving more than 250 GB of data is an indicator of piracy is more of a WAG than assuming that using a BitTorrent client is an indicator of piracy.

I don't need your Chinese bridge, thank you. How would you like some beachfront property in Barstow, California?

Chillin
No i7, no care.
Premium Member
join:2002-04-22
Johnson City, TN

Chillin

Premium Member

said by NormanS:

I would consider the use of P2P as probably an indication of piracy. But not necessarily the amount of data moved. Assuming that moving more than 250 GB of data is an indicator of piracy is more of a WAG than assuming that using a BitTorrent client is an indicator of piracy.

I don't need your Chinese bridge, thank you. How would you like some beachfront property in Barstow, California?
Clearly said previously that there are exceptions to every rule. But I would be willing to bet the vast majority of people going over the cap month after month are probably stealing something.

Just because they tell you that they aren't, doesn't make it so. People dont often admit to crimes. Just like most speeders would tell you that they were going slower than the ticket claimed they were. We all know its BS.

At the end of the day the facts are Comcast is a capped service. When you bought it, thats what you bought into. If that doesn't work for you there are other providers out there, see if that grass is greener. Or you can always upgrade to Business Class.