spc
Search similar:

uniqs

CableNEPA
@verizon.net

CableNEPA

Anon

Comcast Sport Networks

Why does Direct TV offer a sports package which includes all the Comcast sports networks but Comcast does not make this available?
Joe12345678
join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678

said by CableNEPA :

Why does Direct TV offer a sports package which includes all the Comcast sports networks but Comcast does not make this available?
To get the games you need MLB EI, NBA LP, NHL CI.

and yes CSN Philly games are on MLB EI, NBA LP and NHL CI. on Directv
Mgsports
join:2004-11-11
Olathe, KS

Mgsports to CableNEPA

to CableNEPA
He means why doesn't Comcast in Phil also carry CSN Chicago and the other CSN'S out their. I would like to see them on mine including other local Sports Channels and News and Weather and other local ones to.
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

1 edit

dishrich to CableNEPA

to CableNEPA
said by CableNEPA :

You DO understand that both DirecTV & DISH are REQUIRED to black out ALL pro (& some college) sports on ALL those out-of-market RSN's in their "sports paks". So basically, you end up with 25+ copies of the "Best Damn Sports Show" & Fox/CC sports news shows.

Aside from that fact, obviously CC feels that it makes NO sense to waste bandwidth on the same thing, for a VERY minority of people that might be interested in such a pkg. DirecTV & DISH already carry ALL those RSN's anyway, so they are not wasting the bandwidth to support their "sports paks".
said by Mgsports:

He means why doesn't Comcast in Phil also carry CSN Chicago and the other CSN'S out their. I would like to see them on mine including other local Sports Channels
Again, CC (nor any other provider) CANNOT air out-of-market sports teams, except as part of a "season ticket" pkg. (MLB EI, NBA SP, NHL CI, etc.)
Mgsports
join:2004-11-11
Olathe, KS

Mgsports to CableNEPA

to CableNEPA
They can still carry those others channels but have a Black screen on when a Team is playing other then the local team.

castsucks
@sbcglobal.net

castsucks to dishrich

Anon

to dishrich
said by dishrich:

said by CableNEPA :

You DO understand that both DirecTV & DISH are REQUIRED to black out ALL pro (& some college) sports on ALL those out-of-market RSN's in their "sports paks". So basically, you end up with 25+ copies of the "Best Damn Sports Show" & Fox/CC sports news shows.

Aside from that fact, obviously CC feels that it makes NO sense to waste bandwidth on the same thing, for a VERY minority of people that might be interested in such a pkg. DirecTV & DISH already carry ALL those RSN's anyway, so they are not wasting the bandwidth to support their "sports paks".
said by Mgsports:

He means why doesn't Comcast in Phil also carry CSN Chicago and the other CSN'S out their. I would like to see them on mine including other local Sports Channels
Again, CC (nor any other provider) CANNOT air out-of-market sports teams, except as part of a "season ticket" pkg. (MLB EI, NBA SP, NHL CI, etc.)
comcast long term plan is to have all the CSN's and likely the FSN's that are on some comcast systems likely on SDV so they can offer a NBA LP, NHL CI, and NBA LP with way more HD then what limited stuff you see on iN DEMAND crap hd line up.
hclarkjr
join:2002-08-09
Hostetter, PA

hclarkjr to CableNEPA

to CableNEPA
you have to be careful with comcast too, they offer extra innings like direct but most are in standard definition.
sepaperson
join:2010-02-27
Downingtown, PA

sepaperson to CableNEPA

to CableNEPA
said by CableNEPA :

Comcast long term plan is to have all the CSN's and likely the FSN's that are on some comcast systems likely on SDV so they can offer a NBA LP, NHL CI, and NBA LP with way more HD then what limited stuff you see on iN DEMAND crap hd line up.
Will believe that when we see it. World of More hasn't been rolled out in many places; those that got it haven't seen any additional HD channels available elsewhere in, at least here, what will be a year Oct. 18; no HD channels for MLB Extra Innings, NHL, NBA packages; one HD special events channel; no extra premium HD channels; some local channels offering HD feeds and sub channels still missing. "Long term" might be an understatement.