how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Maffew

@comcast.net

1 edit

Any updates?- Comcast of Ocean County, NJ

Any updates as to when the Ocean County, NJ systems will get WOM as well as a new IPG?

Expand your moderator at work

JCO65

join:2010-01-15
Brick, NJ
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to Maffew

Re: Any updates?- Comcast of Ocean County, NJ

Well, Maffew. The best information I can give you right now is that Comcast is scheduled to begin the roll out of DTA's in the Ocean County market in the beginning of October along with those in the LBI system. They are finishing the DTA testing for the SA/Cisco market in Jersey City. They will be the next NJ market to be upgraded. The target date for them to be DONE is the beginning of November. Then they will start to work on the Jersey Shore systems. Jersey City had been long neglected more so than Ocean, Monmouth, TR, or LBI, so Comcast HAD to get them done in order to finish the North Jersey market. Based on what I believe, without any hard data in front of me, I will state that Ocean County will be done before Mikedz4's BS prediction of mid to late 2011.

Now remember, "scheduled" is NEVER official. Things normally can and do change.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4

1 edit
reply to JCO65

When you start producing hard data, get back to us please cause i'd be interested in reading it too =)

Maffew

@comcast.net

Re: Any updates?- Comcast of Ocean County

So late fall/early 2011 is the tentative time period? What ever happened to the new guide that SA areas were supposed to get? Was that pushed back? Thanks for all your responses.

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

you won't get it until they release the CISCO DTAs. When you see posts on here saying people picked up their Cisco DTAs then you know you're close.

jjv124

join:2009-11-21
Hanover, PA

said by mikedz4:

you won't get it until they release the CISCO DTAs. When you see posts on here saying people picked up their Cisco DTAs then you know you're close.
Incorrecto, the cisco markets are going to use uDta's most likely to get them through the digital change.

mikedz4

Weirton, WV

so when will this UDTA be available so we can quit hearing all of the cisco areas ask when they will get more channels.

JCO65

Brick, NJ

2 edits
reply to Maffew

As far as I know, Maffew, the target on the new guide was STILL to roll it out by the end of this year. And the interactive features to be rolled out mid 2011.

jjv124

join:2009-11-21
Hanover, PA
reply to mikedz4

uDta's are already being rolled out into other markets. Cisco areas are going to probably see cuts in the nov, dec, jan window most likely

Maffew

@comcast.net
reply to JCO65

said by JCO65:

As far as I know, Maffew, the target on the new guide was STILL to roll it out by the end of this year. And the interactive features to be rolled out mid 2011.
Thanks for your info. Please chime back in, if you hear anything more.

pjsbar

@comcast.net
reply to jjv124

Thank's for the info!

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ

1 edit
reply to Maffew

Got off the phone with Comcast, and they told me that "Due to the lack of interest in the Freedom region, we wont be implementing any changes in service until the second quarter of 2011" When I asked her what she ment specifically, she said simply "We haven't had any complaints from customers about wanting WOM, and as far as I know the new guide only applies for Motorola and Pace set top boxes, not Cisco equipment."
Perhaps everyone in New Jersey should start calling in every day until they finally realize otherwise.....

I'm about ready to drive to Philly and giving them a peace of my mind. T_T

mikedz4

Weirton, WV

show them your displeasure with your wallet. That is the only way they will understand. When they see dishes poping up like crazy and fios vans all over the place maybe they will reconsider their plans for your area.

Floppy

join:2002-07-03

said by mikedz4:

show them your displeasure with your wallet. That is the only way they will understand. When they see dishes poping up like crazy and fios vans all over the place maybe they will reconsider their plans for your area.
Mike the likelihood of people leaving in droves isn't going to happen anytime soon. Dish still doesn't have Comcast Sportnet in the Philadelphia area and until the current loophole which is being appealed is resolved they won't make a dent. Verizon charges more for the same services as Comcast and in the current state of our economy the cheaper service is were the masses will go.

»www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-···000.html

Maffew

join:2010-08-23
Brick, NJ

1 edit
reply to Mike Wolf

You should send that in to Jay Leno...

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to mikedz4

said by mikedz4:

Don't you know some it better to let people walk with their wallet. Which would be cheaper 5000 sub who do not want to switch or 1000 that does want to switch?
--
Caddy

JCO65

Brick, NJ
reply to Mike Wolf

Mike...I can unequivocally tell you that what you were told was a TOTAL CROCK OF S***!!! Whoever you spoke to has NO CLUE whatsoever and obviously by her "as far as I know" commentary she has not read blogs from Ted Higgins specificaly talking about the new guides for SA/Cisco boxes. IM me and I will try to help save you the trip to Philly....

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ

I just got off the phone, AGAIN with the corporate office, and the guy told me that "once your area is completely digital, the world of more will be rolled, which should be completed March 2011” He had absolutely no idea about what "new guide interface" I was talking about (the ones for the Cisco/SA boxes) and "I cant comment on other regions" when I was explaining to him the rollout in Connecticut. He even had the nerve to say "your free to find another provider if your not happy with Comcast’s service" I told him that there are no other cable providers in my area and he said "I don't know what else to tell you"

He told me that by the end of March 2011 that my area will be receiving all of the HD channels that Comcast providers (granted I stick around long enough to find out)

He said he'll ask around the people "18 times above my pay grade" about why these decisions are being made without taking the time to consult the customers, but that "I probably won’t get a response" and that he'll call me back tomorrow.

When I asked him about why Comcast ripped out the existing Motorola head ends and boxes from the customers when they bought out Adelphia and replaced it with the Scientific Atlanta equipment, he said "I don't think that’s true, as Comcast wouldn't make that sort of decision unless they received a contract (isn’t that a waste of money if the equipment was working fine prior to the buyout?). What sucks is that he said that once that contract is over and if it’s not renewed, the customer will have no choice but to exchange their DVR at the payment office, meaning that they'll lose their saved recordings. Can Comcast really strong arm their customers like this? O..o

I suggested that the decision makers in Comcast make some sort of way to have contact with the public and hear our complaints and answer for their actions, like a digital version of a town hall meeting. He said that'll probably never happen (figures)

Maffew

join:2010-08-23
Brick, NJ

I'm telling you... all of this would make for some great late show material.

So now it's March 2011??... Might as well just make it 12/21/12...

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ

At least its not 12/12/12 O..O

There's a convo going on in regards to the switched digital video thingy »Philly Going First w/SDV which basically is gonna be a double edged sword. On one side we get alot of HD channels, but on the other side in order for that to happen we gotta deal with a lousy SDV adapter the size of a shoebox. So the longer it takes to get the HD channels, the longer I can avoid the adapter.

Floppy

join:2002-07-03
reply to Mike Wolf

said by Mike Wolf:

When I asked him about why Comcast ripped out the existing Motorola head ends and boxes from the customers when they bought out Adelphia and replaced it with the Scientific Atlanta equipment, he said "I don't think that’s true, as Comcast wouldn't make that sort of decision unless they received a contract (isn’t that a waste of money if the equipment was working fine prior to the buyout?). What sucks is that he said that once that contract is over and if it’s not renewed, the customer will have no choice but to exchange their DVR at the payment office, meaning that they'll lose their saved recordings. Can Comcast really strong arm their customers like this?
The likelihood of this happening is extremely slim and none. It would cost too much money to switch platforms. There would be too much headend equipment to replace such as the DNCS to a DAC or vice versa. Also paying for massive truck rolls to inconvenience thousands of customers just to swap out boxes. This hasn't and will not happen.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ

But this did happen when Adelphia was bought out in my area by Comcast...

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA
reply to Mike Wolf

said by Mike Wolf:

At least its not 12/12/12 O..O

There's a convo going on in regards to the switched digital video thingy »Philly Going First w/SDV which basically is gonna be a double edged sword. On one side we get alot of HD channels, but on the other side in order for that to happen we gotta deal with a lousy SDV adapter the size of a shoebox. So the longer it takes to get the HD channels, the longer I can avoid the adapter.
SDV adapters are only needed for third party boxes like Moxi and Tivo.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ

Thats right, which is what I have.