how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

trapper

@comcast.net
reply to Maffew

Re: Any updates?- Comcast of Ocean County, NJ

I have not seen word of a trap project for your area yet. When I see it go out for bid I will let you know.

NJChris2010

join:2010-10-17
Brick, NJ

1 edit

This morning, a family member brought to my attention that the following analog channels just have a blank screen:

32- The Weather Channel
41- TLC
48- A&E

They still come in fine through a STB. Anybody else on this system noticing this?

Update: It's been resolved.

NJChris2010

Brick, NJ

2 edits

I saw a commercial this morning stating that "soon Comcast will be bringing you Xfinity service" and that this "network enhancement" will bring us "20,000 On Demand titles", "Smarter Home Phone Features", "the fastest Internet", "Over 100 HD channels" and "Thousands of HD Choices".

The commercial also had this website listed and the following phone number: 1-877-634-4434

At least the word is getting out.

JCO65

join:2010-01-15
Brick, NJ
kudos:1

Saw the same ad over the weekend. Notice they won't tell us exactly when, though at the Customer service offices.

JCO65

Brick, NJ

1 edit
reply to Maffew

Okay, let me get this straight...Customers in Ocean and Monmouth County systems get the DTA notices at about the same time that those in the Garden State system get[last month]. Customers in Monomuth and Ocean County are told that the DTA's are not available, but are readily available in the Cherry Hill, Garden State area. Now after being told by Comcast reps that the Jersey Shore will be the next systems upgraded after the Jersey City system, there has been NO further information given about our areas, but Comcast goes full board with the analog reclaim in Garden State begining November 30th. Throw in the delay in the Guide situation, looks like the Jersey Shore gets the shaft from Comcast again .

NJChris2010

Brick, NJ

Anything new to report? Have the DTA's become available yet? What about the guide update? I've also received a postcard in the mail about some HSN "shop by remote" service, but that's obviously not available yet. Not that I would use it of course.

We're way behind down here.

JCO65

Brick, NJ

Well, the only thing that I can tell you is that DTA's will be available to businesses who need basic service [Work offices, fitness centers, etc.] in Monmouth, Ocean, Toms River, and LBI effective December 1st. Comcast sent postcards out to those business owners Wednesday in the mail.[Nothing juicy, I know]

As for the new guide, there has been a delay due to Comcast having to work out some kinks in the Cisco guide system. Those areas that were supposed to go online with the new guide in November were pushed back, so [guess what??] we are all pushed back until 2011 with the guide I am afraid to say.

Way behind is now a TOTAL UNDERSTATEMENT!!!!!

TurboDan

join:2006-06-08
Lavallette, NJ

said by JCO65:

Well, the only thing that I can tell you is that DTA's will be available to businesses who need basic service [Work offices, fitness centers, etc.] in Monmouth, Ocean, Toms River, and LBI effective December 1st. Comcast sent postcards out to those business owners Wednesday in the mail.[Nothing juicy, I know]

As for the new guide, there has been a delay due to Comcast having to work out some kinks in the Cisco guide system. Those areas that were supposed to go online with the new guide in November were pushed back, so [guess what??] we are all pushed back until 2011 with the guide I am afraid to say.

Way behind is now a TOTAL UNDERSTATEMENT!!!!!

Just excellent. A year ago we were hearing the excuse that there would be no DTAs available because we're a resort area and there wouldn't be enough for the seasonal accounts. Our "resort area" has two towns that have almost 100,000 year-round residents (Brick and TR) and some of the fastest growing municipalities in the entire state like Barnegat, Stafford and Lacey. It's apparent that Comcast thinks we all leave during the winter, or something, I guess. Absolutely senseless.

If only Verizon would have laid lines on my block, but evidently they're MIA too.

And while we're at it... can we FINALLY get one unified channel lineup in Ocean County? It's absolutely ridiculous that the TR/LBI half and the "Ocean County" half have different lineups (granted, the majority of digital is the same). Also, let's consider remapping the Philadelphia affiliates back to their actual channel numbers after reclamation. I understand the reasoning behind moving these channels to digital, but I hope they don't let this thing languish after reclamation. And HD on these channels would be nice too.

JCO65

Brick, NJ
reply to Maffew

Went to Ocean County office today. Was told that DTA's WILL be available by the end of this week. OK, a small sign of progress.

NJChris2010

Brick, NJ

Good to hear.

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast
reply to TurboDan

the hd agreements have to be reached between comcast and the station. As an example, here cox multimedia owns wpxi and wtov. Because wtov is local to my area comcast carries their hd and subchannels. Cox requested comcast not carry wpxi in hd in our area.
Don't feel bad about philadelphia locals being in the 100s either. They did that here in the ohio valley. They moved the wheeling locals to the single digits and pittsburgh locals to the 190s and I'm sure they are doing the same elsewhere.

NJChris2010

Brick, NJ

Anybody pick up their DTA's yet? If so, how was the experience? Also, is there a tentative date for the first analog cuts?

mikedz4

Weirton, WV

I think it probably won't be until february or march if it hasn't started yet.

JCO65

Brick, NJ
reply to NJChris2010

Have not picked one up[Don't need one as I have 2 HDTV boxes], Carlin. As for a tenative date for the first cuts, if Comcast follows the pattern of the Garden State system, I would anticipate the first round of cuts near the end of January, followed by the scond and third cuts in February[early and late Feb]in order to meet the March target date of the WOM rollout for Ocean COunty.

WE CAN ONLY HOPE

NJChris2010

Brick, NJ

I can confirm that the Brick office has DTA's. Picked up two today and installed them. There were many people either getting the DTA's, exchanging equipment or flat out canceling service. Good times.

TurboDan

Lavallette, NJ
reply to mikedz4

said by mikedz4:

the hd agreements have to be reached between comcast and the station. As an example, here cox multimedia owns wpxi and wtov. Because wtov is local to my area comcast carries their hd and subchannels. Cox requested comcast not carry wpxi in hd in our area.
Don't feel bad about philadelphia locals being in the 100s either. They did that here in the ohio valley. They moved the wheeling locals to the single digits and pittsburgh locals to the 190s and I'm sure they are doing the same elsewhere.

I'm not concerned much about the channel numbers, but the lack of HD bugs me. Ownership isn't really much of an issue since both the NYC and Philadelphia stations are all O&O by the networks. Both cover our area, if you want to call two or three stories a year coverage.

TurboDan

Lavallette, NJ
reply to NJChris2010

said by NJChris2010:

I can confirm that the Brick office has DTA's. Picked up two today and installed them. There were many people either getting the DTA's, exchanging equipment or flat out canceling service. Good times.

LOL, nice. I was in the LBI office about two weeks ago and when I asked about the full switch to digital, a guide update and services like the iPhone app and such, she kind of made a joke about not waiting around.

At least the presence of DTAs is a good sign, though.

NJChris2010

Brick, NJ

I noticed maybe a week or two ago that there is now a DTA tutorial loop on ch.906.

NJChris2010

Brick, NJ

There was an article in today's Asbury Park Press business section talking about the upcoming digital transition. The article states that "the first changes to the expanded basic channel lineup in parts of the company's Toms River system is planned for early March and that "Other Comcast systems in Monmouth and Ocean Counties will follow".

j jefferson3

@comcast.net

Actually that article was posted yesterday here is the link to it, since it was sent as an press release to the major newspapers for each area!!! Since holidays are now over Comcast is getting back up to full speed again, so every area that has action from February to April will start getting news articles!!! Technically this transition is happing all over the Country all the time, but as we all know Comcast has a pecking order of when things get done!!!

»www.app.com/article/20110105/BUS···-digital

The Important stuff is at the bottom of the article!!!!!!

Comcast will be putting pressure on the following this month!!
1. finishing California
2. finishing Illinois
3. finishing Freedom Region
4. start Northeast PA
5. finishing Tennessee

NJChris2010

Brick, NJ

Thanks as always j jefferson3.!!!!! I was looking for the article online, so I could post a link, but couldn't find it.

Travelfan1
RIP Analog Go Digital

join:2005-08-23
Woodbridge, NJ
reply to j jefferson3

said by j jefferson3 :

1. finishing California
2. finishing Illinois
3. finishing Freedom Region
4. start Northeast PA
5. finishing Tennessee

j jefferson3, by finishing do you mean migrating ALL analog to digital only, including limited basic channels?
--
Dish Network - Gold 250/Gold HD + Platinium HD
Verizon DSL

NJChris2010

Brick, NJ

I was under the impression that limited basic channels (locals, PEG) would be on the analog tier until at least 2012. Not sure when/if that changed.

PhillyJim

join:2008-05-13
Philadelphia, PA

said by NJChris2010:

I was under the impression that limited basic channels (locals, PEG) would be on the analog tier until at least 2012. Not sure when/if that changed.

All limited basic channels were removed from analog in Philadelphia last month. We are now 100% digital.

Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL
reply to NJChris2010

I hear cocmast still has some analog only areas. Mostly small cable systems that they got as part of buying out some cable co's.

mikedz4

Weirton, WV
reply to j jefferson3

when will they finish the three rivers region? I can't wait to get the new lineup with hds in the 1000s.

JCO65

Brick, NJ
reply to Maffew

Another sign of progress on the Jersey Shore. Notices have gone out to those in the Ocean County system requesting customer action by March 22nd in order to get the extra digital channels. So if you need a DTA and do not want to lose channels you are on notice[70 days notice]. No word on the exact dates for all the analog cuts, though, but still another step towards the World of More.

gpatrick900

join:2008-08-30
New Castle, IN
reply to NJChris2010

said by NJChris2010:

Sort of.
They are still required to broadcast all local broadcast stations in clear qam indefinitely. They can move everyone to digital if they provided a converter box.

TurboDan

Lavallette, NJ
reply to Maffew

I'll believe it when I see it. Seems like we've been going in circles on this for years.

And if this "upgrade" doesn't give me the ability to see Eagles games in HD in Ocean County by way of WTXF-HD, I might picket outside Comcast of OC and call the media. There's no reason why both sets of locals should not be in HD. Absolutely unacceptable once reclamation is complete and we go all digital.

In the mean time, the priority should be getting the iPhone DVR app and related services set up. It bugs me to no end that the bills I pay every month entitles me to fewer services than people in other parts of the country.

NJChris2010

Brick, NJ

Don't forget WPVI Action News in HD. I always enjoy watching just to hear the theme:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGdVzyQmRV8