uniqs
share rss forum feed

JCO65

join:2010-01-15
Brick, NJ
kudos:1
reply to Mike Wolf

Re: Any updates?- Comcast of Ocean County, NJ

MSG uses that feed for the Sabres' High Definition telecasts as a replacement in the Buffalo area for a Knicks game, as the Buffalo area is part of the Toronto Raptors broadcast territory. Used again last night as the Knicks played the Cavs on the main MSG feed.

dyhrdmet

join:2008-10-25
Springfield, NJ
reply to Mike Wolf

from my bill

Great news sports fans! MSGPlus2 HD will be added to
channel 842 on March 29.

JCO65

Brick, NJ

noted earlier in this thread

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4
reply to dyhrdmet

I already have MSG+HD on 845 and MSG HD on 846 so whats going on?

JCO65

Brick, NJ

1 edit

Two possible reasons:
1. FIOS already has both MSG2 and MSG+2 in HD available to the NY area.
2. Too many instances where Devils games are bumped due to Islanders commitments. MSG+ gives Islander games preference over Devils games when MSG has Knicks or Rangers games on.

mets18

join:2008-10-15
New York, NY

FIOS only has MSG2 HD. It does not have MSG+2 HD.

TurboDan

join:2006-06-08
Lavallette, NJ

1 edit
reply to Maffew

So to recap:

Buffalo Sabres games in HD in Ocean County (482 miles away) - check.

Philadelphia Eagles games in HD in Ocean County (55 miles away) - no dice.

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15
reply to telcodad

said by telcodad:

Yes, here is what is shown on the Disney Junior Channel website (»www.disneyjuniorthechannel.com/) when I put in my zip code and select "Comcast":

"Great news!
Comcast will offer Disney Junior, the channel in your area.

Starting March 23 in select Comcast markets, your family will be able to tune in to Disney Junior, the channel. The channel will be available to all Comcast customers by April 26, 2012. In the meantime, join our Facebook page, or click here (»disney.go.com/disneyjunior/disne···or-on-tv) to find out more about Disney Junior on TV - our shows and schedule."

I guess my market wasn't "select" enough.

[However, I really have no interest in watching this channel, as my children are all adults now, just wanted to see if it was added to our system yet.]

Just checked and Disney Junior is now on channel 120 here in Monmouth County, replacing SOAPnet.

Were there any other changes/additions that were made along with this one?

telcodad
Premium
Lincroft, NJ

2 edits

Got my bill today and this was the notice on it:

"IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Effective May 15, 2012, H2 will be added to Digital Economy on ch 116 and HD ch 876. Spike TV will no longer be available on Digital Economy ch 61 and HD ch 827."

I was already getting H2 with my DTAs on channel 116, but does this mean that I won't be able to watch Spike with my DTAs starting May 15th? [No, H2, which is currently on Digital Starter tier and higher, is viewable on my DTAs, so Spike should still be OK.]

Or will it still be on the Digital Starter tier, which I believe my DTAs can decrypt? [Yes, if Spike is just being removed from the Digital Economy tier, then my DTAs should still be able to decrypt it.]

Edit: Answered my own questions above by clicking on the "View your channel lineup" link (»www.comcast.com/localization/loc···eup.ashx) on the "Xfinity Help and Support - Cable TV" page (»customer.comcast.com/help-and-su···able-tv/) which shows (in a nice, tier-columned format) which channels are viewable for each tier.

telcodad
Premium
Lincroft, NJ

said by telcodad:

Got my bill today and this was the notice on it:

"IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Effective May 15, 2012, H2 will be added to Digital Economy on ch 116 and HD ch 876. Spike TV will no longer be available on Digital Economy ch 61 and HD ch 827."

Are these changes also going into effect in the Ocean County systems tomorrow? Anyone know anything else that's supposed to be added/deleted/changed overnight tonight?

This was also printed in my latest bill:

Effective 5/24/12, the following channel will be added to Limited Basic: Bounce TV (WWOR, NY) channel 262.

On 5/28/12, Planet Green will be renamed to DestinationAmerica.

Effective 6/28/12, Disney Channel ch 136 will move from Digital Preferred to Expanded Basic and will be added to Digital Economy. Disney Channel HD on ch 880 will move from Digital Preferred to Expanded Basic. Gospel Music Channel on ch 189 and Gospel Music Channel HD ch 887 will move from Digital Preferred to Expanded Basic. @Max and Starz Cinema will be added to channels 328 and 374 respectively. Digital converter or CableCARD and subscription to corresponding Premium service is required to view.

mountlaurel

@comcast.net

I hope @Max and Starz Cinema will be coming back to the Garden State system also.