Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

NJChris2010

join:2010-10-17
Brick, NJ
reply to j jefferson3

Re: Any updates?- Comcast of Ocean County, NJ

Thanks as always j jefferson3.!!!!! I was looking for the article online, so I could post a link, but couldn't find it.

Travelfan1
RIP Analog Go Digital

join:2005-08-23
Woodbridge, NJ
reply to j jefferson3
said by j jefferson3 :

1. finishing California
2. finishing Illinois
3. finishing Freedom Region
4. start Northeast PA
5. finishing Tennessee

j jefferson3, by finishing do you mean migrating ALL analog to digital only, including limited basic channels?
--
Dish Network - Gold 250/Gold HD + Platinium HD
Verizon DSL

NJChris2010

Brick, NJ
I was under the impression that limited basic channels (locals, PEG) would be on the analog tier until at least 2012. Not sure when/if that changed.

PhillyJim

join:2008-05-13
Philadelphia, PA
said by NJChris2010:

I was under the impression that limited basic channels (locals, PEG) would be on the analog tier until at least 2012. Not sure when/if that changed.

All limited basic channels were removed from analog in Philadelphia last month. We are now 100% digital.

Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL
reply to NJChris2010
I hear cocmast still has some analog only areas. Mostly small cable systems that they got as part of buying out some cable co's.

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
reply to j jefferson3
when will they finish the three rivers region? I can't wait to get the new lineup with hds in the 1000s.

JCO65

join:2010-01-15
Brick, NJ
kudos:1
reply to Maffew
Another sign of progress on the Jersey Shore. Notices have gone out to those in the Ocean County system requesting customer action by March 22nd in order to get the extra digital channels. So if you need a DTA and do not want to lose channels you are on notice[70 days notice]. No word on the exact dates for all the analog cuts, though, but still another step towards the World of More.

gpatrick900

join:2008-08-30
New Castle, IN
reply to NJChris2010
said by NJChris2010:

Sort of.
They are still required to broadcast all local broadcast stations in clear qam indefinitely. They can move everyone to digital if they provided a converter box.

TurboDan

join:2006-06-08
Lavallette, NJ
reply to Maffew
I'll believe it when I see it. Seems like we've been going in circles on this for years.

And if this "upgrade" doesn't give me the ability to see Eagles games in HD in Ocean County by way of WTXF-HD, I might picket outside Comcast of OC and call the media. There's no reason why both sets of locals should not be in HD. Absolutely unacceptable once reclamation is complete and we go all digital.

In the mean time, the priority should be getting the iPhone DVR app and related services set up. It bugs me to no end that the bills I pay every month entitles me to fewer services than people in other parts of the country.

NJChris2010

Brick, NJ
Don't forget WPVI Action News in HD. I always enjoy watching just to hear the theme:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGdVzyQmRV8

JCO65

Brick, NJ
reply to TurboDan
If the Trenton system is an indication, Dan, then I suggest you get the picket sign ready. The Trenton system, similar to ours in distance between NY and Philly, only shows one local market in HD[The Philly Market] Seems like the lineups throughtut all the "World of More" markets are exactly the same with the only exceptions being the local channels and regional sports networks. Otherwise, I totally agree about the iPhone DVR as well as your rant about the bills.

NJChris2010

Brick, NJ
Just for kicks, I emailed "Comcast E-Care" asking when WOM would come to Ocean County and the guy said "March/April". Didn't know any dates, but hey at least it's something.

JCO65

Brick, NJ
reply to Maffew
Not sure about Toms River, but Monmouth has a March 29th date in which either a digital box or DTA will be required, one week after Ocean County's date. Not sure if all will have WOM channels turned on at the same time for all Jersey Shore areas or if each system gets their channels at different dates yet. Looks like all is moving along .

Mggray17

join:2009-01-28
Barnegat, NJ
reply to Maffew
My Comcast of Toms River (Barnegat) letter has the date as March 15, 2011.

MikeGG

@comcast.net
reply to JCO65
My Comcast of Toms River letter has the date as March 15, 2011.

NJChris2010

Brick, NJ
Just got my latest bill and while there wasn't any info about WOM, there was a rate adjustment brochure. I think I'll draw myself a bath and meticulously look over this vital document.

CrazedMan

@comcast.net
reply to gpatrick900
said by gpatrick900:

said by NJChris2010:

Sort of.
They are still required to broadcast all local broadcast stations in clear qam indefinitely. They can move everyone to digital if they provided a converter box.

Yes thats true they are required to broadcast the local stations in clear qam, but they've already taken the HD versions away, so we're stuck with the analog version, and the only way to get it back is to force subscribers to rent an HD box. I mean whats the point of even having an HDTV if you can't get HD programming with the built in tuners. And yes I'm aware of over the air HD but down here in Toms River, we're too far from both NYC and Philly to get anything.

CrazedMan

@comcast.net
reply to TurboDan
said by TurboDan:

I'll believe it when I see it. Seems like we've been going in circles on this for years.

And if this "upgrade" doesn't give me the ability to see Eagles games in HD in Ocean County by way of WTXF-HD, I might picket outside Comcast of OC and call the media. There's no reason why both sets of locals should not be in HD. Absolutely unacceptable once reclamation is complete and we go all digital.

In the mean time, the priority should be getting the iPhone DVR app and related services set up. It bugs me to no end that the bills I pay every month entitles me to fewer services than people in other parts of the country.

OMG I totally agree 20000% I mean for goodness sakes Comcast owns most if not the entire cable system in Philly, possibly even the stations themselves, so why AREN'T they in HD?! If you DO picket I'll be right there next to you dude.

JCO65

Brick, NJ
reply to NJChris2010
WOM information will probably be in the February statements or the early March bill at the latest.

TRsub

@comcast.net
reply to CrazedMan
@CrazedMan
I still get all the limited basic broadcast channels in HD and SD in the Toms River system. I had to had my TV's do a re-scan of all the channels and they all came back in. It happened about 2 months ago. Try that and let us know what you find.

CrazedMan

@comcast.net
Alright well I'm not sure what you mean TRsub but I recieved my two DTA's today and hooked them up then activated them. Going through the coaxial connections the DTA's only allowing channel 3 or 4. I found I was able to reaquire WCAUDT, WPSGDT, WPHLDT, KYWDT for example, but only with the DTA. I spoke to Comcast and they said that I wasn't suppose to be getting any digital channels above 100 but I was getting quite a few, none HD.

NJChris2010

Brick, NJ
Ad in today's Asbury Park Press announcing analog cuts for the Toms River system in March.

Affected channels:
Animal Planet- ch.57
Bravo- ch.63
E!- ch.60
Food Network- ch.38
HBO- ch.14- HBO will only be available on ch.301.
HGTV- ch.71
Lifetime- ch.45
Syfy- ch.64
TLC - ch.37
TNT- ch.47
TV Guide Network- ch. 29
The Weather Channel- ch. 39
Versus- ch.43

Effective:
March 1- Island Heights, Lakehurst, Manchester & Toms River
March 15- Cedar Bonnet, Berkeley, Barnegat, Little Egg Harbor, Tuckerton, Eagleswood, Stafford, Beachwood, Lacey, Ocean Gate, Pine Beach, Ocean Township & South Toms River

For more information:
Comcast.com/digitalnow
1-877-634-4434
The mail

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4
Well lets hope its sooner then that. I don't know why Beachwood and Toms River got different shutoff dates, generally Beachwood is affected simultaneously by the Toms River office since thats where they get the feed from. Still no word as to what channels they will be adding?
Also I need to find some Comcast customers who live near my area and who have a TiVo with a cablecard, I have a favor to ask of them.

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast
reply to CrazedMan
dtas get digital standard which includes all formerly analog channels and the sub channels like this tv, Retro Television Network (rtn), universal sports, Accuweather now,etc. I think fox has the country network, and cool tv now.

Unfortunately I only have thisTV and RTN.

If I were you I'd go to the local office and pickup a channel lineup to find out what you are supposed to get with digital starter.

CrazedMan

@comcast.net
Regardless of that I've given up on using the DTA's and decided to do what Mike Wolf is doing and just go with a device that uses a cablecard, that way I can recieve ALL of the channels that I've subscripted to, and have a better interface as well.

TurboDan

join:2006-06-08
Lavallette, NJ
reply to CrazedMan
said by CrazedMan :

Alright well I'm not sure what you mean TRsub but I recieved my two DTA's today and hooked them up then activated them. Going through the coaxial connections the DTA's only allowing channel 3 or 4. I found I was able to reaquire WCAUDT, WPSGDT, WPHLDT, KYWDT for example, but only with the DTA. I spoke to Comcast and they said that I wasn't suppose to be getting any digital channels above 100 but I was getting quite a few, none HD.

Same here in the "original" Ocean County system, with the exception of WPSG which, for some strange reason, they only carry in the former Adelphia system. But all of the other network channels that have been moved to digital come in here on their digital channel numbers via the DTA.

FWIW, the DTA has dramatically improved the picture on my 13-inch Sharp Aquos (non digital) LCD TV that I have in the kitchen. All the other TVs in my house are hooked up the regular boxes.

OCSports

@comcast.net
Anyone know if their are plans to add high def channels for the Sports tier channels (ie big10 network,nbatv,espnU)

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4
I think i accidentally merged two threads together since what I posted here »Comcast of Garden State-Update are relevant to here.

JCO65

Brick, NJ
reply to OCSports
Some of them will be in HD for the Digital Classic package[NBA, NHL, CBS College Sports]. Not sure if BigTen Network is part of Digital Classic for Ocean County[Some areas have it in Digital Classic, others have it in the Sports and Entertainment package]. All others[Tennis, ESPNU, etc.] will be in the SEP in HD.

J Jefferson3

@comcast.net
reply to Mike Wolf
Hey Mike Wolf you are actually are in the Tom Rivers area so you should be in the tom's Rivers thread, but i think that was merged into this thread as I could not find it yet as i am writing this, there is this thread for Ocean County and also a MonMouth County thread also, but since those 3 systems are just 1 week apart from each other they could be posted here also, since they will basically be the same information!!!! since they are all Southern New Jersey systems!!!! You should stay here as you are NOT in the Garden State system but will be getting the same channels as they do right now!!!!

Now that leaves me to further explanations with OC sports, yes when Analog channels are removed, you will receive HD channels in about 1 but mostly 2 weeks later, but it can be different channels for each individual system, but when added will be on the same channel for all 3 systems!!

In the overall scheme of things and since i usually track all this
NBA TV HD which would be channel 863 has pretty much been in the 1st HD add, ESPN U HD will be at channel 853 and Big Ten HD on channel 855 are usually in the 2nd HD add, the channels should be announced Soon as they will be in the 30 day notice and are concluding the testing of the first batch of channels!!!!