Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-14
Centreville, VA
kudos:1
reply to desgnconcpts

Re: [Equipment] BYOM - Updated List? DOCSIS 2.0 - Chicago

Click for full size
Indeed screenshot attached

Regarding the speeds such is always the case. was it a test against our servers or a third party's? Speeds fluctuate so often we like to see multiple tests if possible (obviously not every 5 minutes). This is actually why we prefer people to use our testing system, because when the test is ran we can see everything the exact time of day chassis node grouping overall network and can compare all aspects. When tests are run against third party systems we don't get nearly the amount of information and can only compare to relative tests by others in a specific area.
--
Bryan Laird
RCN Engineering

desgnconcpts

join:2003-09-24
Bryan,
Thank you for the image -- gosh, I wish I could recall if it showed the message about the speed dials! As soon as I can, I will check and let you know.

I did, however, test on the exact website (il.speedtest.rcn.net) that you posted and did see those gages. We tried a few other speed sites to check against -- they all gave the same speed (between 7.6 and 7.8 mb/s) but I know from past experience that it is always best to use your service's speed check if they have one for the very reasons you mentioned. If I can get one of the roommates to check for me (and better yet, to capture and image), I will post back (and will post it as soon as I can).

I really do appreciate your replies!

negativeduck
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-14
Centreville, VA
kudos:1
if you can get him to just tell you or send you the encoded mac that it shows at the bottom of the page I can look it up. That's really all I need to get you more info.
--
Bryan Laird
RCN Engineering