All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
bronxlcsw
join:2005-09-21
Bronx, NY

bronxlcsw

Help, My samsung Vibrant gets very poor signal...

Okay heres the deal... I got this Samsung Vibrant Galaxy phone 1 month ago. since yesterday i am getting very poor signal. I have to walk outside to get reception and its not 3g as it was before yesterday. Did a cell tower get knocked out recently? Whats going on here.

seagreen
Mod
join:2001-05-14
out there

seagreen

Mod

Who is your carrier and where are you located?
bronxlcsw
Bronx, NY

bronxlcsw

I have T-Mobile and reside in the 10461 Zip code. Thats Pelham Bay area of the Bronx, NY. I went to a T-Mobile store and they say the area is getting upgraded to "HSDA" or 4G and that explains it?? I think its true becuase i was shopping at my local supermarket and all the cashiers have T-Mobile and i overheard them complaining about sudden loss of signal.

seagreen
Mod
join:2001-05-14
out there

seagreen

Mod

Let me send this thread to the cell phone forum for some help. The wireless users chat is more for users of fixed WISP connections.

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol to bronxlcsw

Premium Member

to bronxlcsw
said by bronxlcsw:

I have T-Mobile and reside in the 10461 Zip code. Thats Pelham Bay area of the Bronx, NY. I went to a T-Mobile store and they say the area is getting upgraded to "HSDA" or 4G and that explains it?? I think its true becuase i was shopping at my local supermarket and all the cashiers have T-Mobile and i overheard them complaining about sudden loss of signal.
That would be HSDPA+. The upgrade is worth it if you buy the phone compatible with it (G2).

Alakar
Facts do not cease to exist when ignored
join:2001-03-23
Milwaukee, WI

Alakar

said by Alcohol:
said by bronxlcsw:

That would be HSDPA+. The upgrade is worth it if you buy the phone compatible with it (G2).
Also the upgrade will help with standard 3G speeds. My area is upgraded and I get steady 3G speeds of 5.5Mbps on my Vibrant.
bronxlcsw
Bronx, NY

bronxlcsw

Anyone know how long this process takes???