spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dextux8
join:2010-08-20
Findlay, OH

dextux8

Digital is Extremely Choppy

I got the digital HD service installed a few mornings ago, and also had them come out this morning to check the signals and he said everything was fine. My audio/video keeps breaking up every 30-45 seconds. Are there known problems with this happening with the Scientific Atlanta 3250HD? I am going to try switching out the cable box at the local office on Monday. Don't really want to wait that long with unwatchable TV.

Racerbob
Premium Member
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY

Racerbob

Premium Member

Sounds more like a signal problem than a defective box. After the so called tech came out to check the signal did he actually sit down for a while and see this issue that you are speaking of ?
dextux8
Findlay, OH

dextux8

When he was here, all of the channels were working fine, and about two hours after he left and all day today it's been choppy. He said my signal level was at 44 which he said was good. I already tried a different coax cable and also tried a different jack in the house, with the same results. Any other options I can try? There are no splitters on the jacks. Thanks for your help.

Racerbob
Premium Member
Webster, NY

Racerbob

Premium Member

Beyond setting up another service call I really do not know what else to tell you. But make sure that you get credited for each day that your service is unsatisfactory. I would be on the phone with them asap myself.
dextux8
Findlay, OH

dextux8

Do you think I should try to switch out the cable box first before setting up another service call?

Racerbob
Premium Member
Webster, NY
·Frontier FiberOp..

Racerbob

Premium Member

said by dextux8:

Do you think I should try to switch out the cable box first before setting up another service call?
No. Besides, the tech should have another box in the van when he comes to check things out again. I would definitely call them and tell them what you are experiencing. If in fact somebody in your division cares enough about their customers then they should make it right.

jacko15
@rr.com

jacko15 to dextux8

Anon

to dextux8
I agree that you should have a tech take care of this with a truck roll. I think that your box just might be the issue. That's a pretty old unit. It sounds like you're a TWCNeo (North East Ohio) customer, and there are much newer boxes available. I had similar problems and several techs came out and checked signal strength and said everything looked good and told me just to wait and my signal would improve. It never happened. Finally a tech came out and look at my TV and immediately swapped my SA box for a Samsung and it's been smooth sailing ever since. Good luck!
dextux8
Findlay, OH

dextux8

Just came back from the main office and got an sa4240hdc. No problems yet. TWC is only five minutes away from me. Thank you guys for your help.
CabelGuy NYC
join:2010-09-02
Woodhaven, NY

CabelGuy NYC to dextux8

to dextux8
Your overall signal may be fine, but if you get a service call for something like this, you should specify which channels the picture breakup is happening on. There are ways a technician can check an individual frequency to find where the problems are.

When your service was installed, did the installer run new cables or anything of that nature?
dextux8
Findlay, OH

dextux8

The installer couldn't run any new cabling due to it being an apartment building. The apartment uses all RG-59 cabling, which the installer said could be a main culprit too of poor signaling. Everything is good now after I got my cable box switched out.